October 15, 2019, 04:04:00 PM

Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 12370 times)

May 16, 2010, 08:23:52 PM
Reply #45

Danny

How can someone be overrated when everyone says that they are? Me and two others out of our group of mates think he's world class the other 10 or so reckon he's overrated now how can that be when the more dominant opinion is that he is overrated.

May 16, 2010, 08:33:56 PM
Reply #46

bloody scally

How can someone be overrated when everyone says that they are? Me and two others out of our group of mates think he's world class the other 10 or so reckon he's overrated now how can that be when the more dominant opinion is that he is overrated.

People seem to think if one person rates something highly it is a general opinion and ignore people's opinion when its negative. Its just human nature, things are easier to discuss and more noticeable when thier feelings / comments are negative. Annoying eh.

May 17, 2010, 05:32:00 PM
Reply #47

toffee_scot

I can understand why Barcelona bought him, his goal-scoring record for Inter Milan was very good and Eto'o had made it clear he wanted to move on, but also if you look at the attacking players for Barcelona, they are quite small so Ibrahimovic was supposed to add a bit of height up front and act as a target man.

Of course Ibrahimovic has scored over 20 goals this season, however, despite a decent number of goals scored, I find that he does not quite fit Barcelona's style and quite often he can be seen as a liability. There was one game in particular I saw where Ibrahimovic's presence really slowed down Barca's tempo but then he got sent off and Barcelona looked a much better attacking threat - even with 1 less man!

So overall, I don't think Ibrahimovic is a bad player, he does possess some quality which is why the likes of Inter, Juventus and Barcelona were interested in him but I just don't think he is suited to Barcelona's style and maybe he should have stayed in Italy.

May 17, 2010, 07:03:05 PM
Reply #48

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If he was some unskilled, yard dog forward his goal scoring record would be lauded much more than it is.

His "problem" is that he is supremely talented; therefore lots of people get frustrated when he hardly moves during a game or his flicks etc just don't come off.

He's very much someone who if you really value hard work, you won't like; but if you're after you're aesthetics you'd have to think he is a very very good player.

I personally really like him, but I could see how if he played for us I'd get annoyed pretty quickly.

May 20, 2010, 07:55:18 PM
Reply #49

Rhys

If he was some unskilled, yard dog forward his goal scoring record would be lauded much more than it is.

His "problem" is that he is supremely talented; therefore lots of people get frustrated when he hardly moves during a game or his flicks etc just don't come off.

He's very much someone who if you really value hard work, you won't like; but if you're after you're aesthetics you'd have to think he is a very very good player.

I personally really like him, but I could see how if he played for us I'd get annoyed pretty quickly.

On top of his talent it is his ego which can cause him problems on two fronts. First of all the majority of people dont like people who show their confidence and ego, they automatically take a dislike to them. Secondly he is so convinced he is the greatest player, more so than anyone else, that he often tries to the surpemely hard thing. He will try and play the most ludicrous pass, try the craziest finish or most sublime flick. If it works it is incredible and if not people question his attitude. He is the ultimate marmite player, I can see why people dont like him, i will never get how people deny his talents. He is capable of things that nobody else is capable of.

Zlatan pass VS Lazio - HQ - SKY

May 20, 2010, 08:13:24 PM
Reply #50

123_efc

I love this goal he scored for AJAX(apologies if already posted but not seen it in this thread)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Goal for Ajax
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

May 20, 2010, 08:58:07 PM
Reply #51

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Only Ibra would attempt a pass like that, thats why I love to watch the guy play

May 20, 2010, 10:06:42 PM
Reply #52

ForzaItalia

Only Ibra would attempt a pass like that, thats why I love to watch the guy play

Agreed.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

May 20, 2010, 11:54:57 PM
Reply #53

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

On top of his talent it is his ego which can cause him problems on two fronts. First of all the majority of people dont like people who show their confidence and ego, they automatically take a dislike to them. Secondly he is so convinced he is the greatest player, more so than anyone else, that he often tries to the surpemely hard thing. He will try and play the most ludicrous pass, try the craziest finish or most sublime flick. If it works it is incredible and if not people question his attitude. He is the ultimate marmite player, I can see why people dont like him, i will never get how people deny his talents. He is capable of things that nobody else is capable of.

Zlatan pass VS Lazio - HQ - SKY

Agree with both of these comments, Rhys has summed it up nicely for me.

I think a large part of the perception of Ibra comes from the British mentality of favouring no skill and hard work over brilliant skill and not such hard work.  As a nation, we like players who get stuck in and run like duracell bunnies and we're inclined to dislike players like Ibra who are blessed with simply incredible ability but who isn't going to put a tremendous shift in.

I've said it a few times, but in my opinion Ibra is more languid than lazy, and people mistake his style of play and general body language as laziness.  If you watch you'll see he does work fairly hard, he does work to close down defenders, and he does work to make space for himself.  He's not by any stretch of the imagination a hard worker, but he's nowhere near as lazy as people think.

Anyway, going back to his situation at Barca, it would appear that Barca are certainly planning on keeping him on and using him next season.  Graham Hunter made a good point on Revista as to the similarities between Ibra's debut season and Henry's.  Although in my opinion Ibra has had a decent if not great season, he does need to push himself and step it up a level next season.  I imagine however that if a silly bid came in for him then Barca would definitely consider it.

May 21, 2010, 12:56:24 AM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with you Risky for the most part. The attitude thing is a fair comment. Our most skillful player is also our hardest worker and that is Pienaar. Messi is extremely skillfull and works his socks off as does Xavi and Iniesta. Ronaldo at Real Amdrid works his socks off everytime he plays. And all those mentioned(except Pienaar) are more skillful than Ibrahimovich
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 21, 2010, 02:17:42 AM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with both of these comments, Rhys has summed it up nicely for me.

I think a large part of the perception of Ibra comes from the British mentality of favouring no skill and hard work over brilliant skill and not such hard work.  As a nation, we like players who get stuck in and run like duracell bunnies and we're inclined to dislike players like Ibra who are blessed with simply incredible ability but who isn't going to put a tremendous shift in.

I've said it a few times, but in my opinion Ibra is more languid than lazy, and people mistake his style of play and general body language as laziness.  If you watch you'll see he does work fairly hard, he does work to close down defenders, and he does work to make space for himself.  He's not by any stretch of the imagination a hard worker, but he's nowhere near as lazy as people think.

Anyway, going back to his situation at Barca, it would appear that Barca are certainly planning on keeping him on and using him next season.  Graham Hunter made a good point on Revista as to the similarities between Ibra's debut season and Henry's.  Although in my opinion Ibra has had a decent if not great season, he does need to push himself and step it up a level next season.  I imagine however that if a silly bid came in for him then Barca would definitely consider it.

Around €50m apparently, but if they don't get an offer near that they won't sell.

I think that you're exactly right about the British mentality.

May 21, 2010, 05:51:26 PM
Reply #56

.Rimbo.

I agree with you Risky for the most part. The attitude thing is a fair comment. Our most skillful player is also our hardest worker and that is Pienaar. Messi is extremely skillfull and works his socks off as does Xavi and Iniesta. Ronaldo at Real Amdrid works his socks off everytime he plays. And all those mentioned(except Pienaar) are more skillful than Ibrahimovich

Ronaldo more skillful than Ibrahimovich? I don't see it.

May 21, 2010, 08:51:43 PM
Reply #57

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Ronaldo more skillful than Ibrahimovich? I don't see it.

With you on that bro. Only Messi can compare with Ibra on that list, very very different players but when it comes to skill and touch Ibra and Messi are top of that list

May 21, 2010, 08:53:30 PM
Reply #58

Endless, Nameless

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is more skillful than pretty much anyone out there. You just don't see it that often, because he's a CF. If you search youtube or something, I'm sure you can see some vids. He's insane.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 21, 2010, 08:57:17 PM
Reply #59

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is more skillful than pretty much anyone out there. You just don't see it that often, because he's a CF. If you search youtube or something, I'm sure you can see some vids. He's insane.

Some of it is just jaw dropping stuff isnt it