November 22, 2017, 06:46:41 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day jan 31 2014  (Read 40651 times)

January 31, 2014, 12:21:30 AM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Or if Barry goes to MLS in the Summer.
I never minded Rodwell. Just could never see the cb in him

Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2014, 12:23:57 AM
Reply #46

Heisenberg

You seem to have a real problem with players who don't spray 50 yarders all over the pitch. Why?

Pienaar rarely passes any further that 5-10 yards. Does that make him shit?

Actually Rodwell has a very good passing range, with both feet. So in effect he's not the limited player you think he is?

You seriously cant compare either of there passing. Pienaars been an absolute wizzard for us over the years, he beats a man, good link up play, gets plenty of assists, can run forward with a ball, has imagination in his passing. Rodwell has none of that.

We dont need another of these luxury type neat players, alot like fellaini in CM. Neat, tidy and conservative. Thats about as far as it goes. We need someone with some ounce of creativity in the centre. We've lacked it since Arteta got that injury

January 31, 2014, 12:29:19 AM
Reply #47

ally2

You seriously cant compare either of there passing. Pienaars been an absolute wizzard for us over the years, he beats a man, good link up play, gets plenty of assists, can run forward with a ball, has imagination in his passing. Rodwell has none of that.

We dont need another of these luxury type neat players, alot like fellaini in CM. Neat, tidy and conservative. Thats about as far as it goes. We need someone with some ounce of creativity in the centre. We've lacked it since Arteta got that injury

We need a defensive midfielder who can pass. If Barry or McCarthy get injured and we sell Johnny then we have no one to play there at all. And it's a key feature of how we set up under RM. They need an occasional break as well. And Johnny isn't great playing there anyway if he stays. For ACM we have Ross, Leon plus any of out wingers could play there.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:29:50 AM by ally2 »

January 31, 2014, 12:32:15 AM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

We've got Barkley to do that now though, god willing he'll be doing it for years to come.

We need a Gareth Barry who's ten years younger (McCarthy?)
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2014, 12:32:24 AM
Reply #49

Heisenberg

We need a defensive midfielder who can pass. If Barry or McCarthy get injured and we sell Johnny then we have no one to play there at all. And it's a key feature of how we set up under RM. They need an occasional break as well. And Johnny isn't great playing there anyway if he stays. For ACM we have Ross, Leon plus any of out wingers could play there.

Completely agree. But Rodwells not a DM, no chance

January 31, 2014, 12:33:41 AM
Reply #50

GrantyBoy78

To be fair to Rodwell, he hasn't played enough to develop his game. He could've/might become a ball-playing midfield general. We saw it in glimpses.

I always thought Moyes restricted his play, would like to see what Martinez could do with him.

January 31, 2014, 12:34:06 AM
Reply #51

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Rodwell's a croc....You won't get more than 10 consecutive games out of him. He's not all that either IMO.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 31, 2014, 12:34:57 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would love Rodwell back. We need him. Turn him ino a Cb. Him and Stones wiould be brilliant

I think there's a player in there still, but those injuries just aren't going away, so it's a no from me.

Plus that saying about him is so true, can't remember who off here said it, but 'too much birkdale, not enough kirkdale'  - nice lad, neat and tidy, never going to win you a game.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2014, 12:39:32 AM
Reply #53

ally2

To be fair to Rodwell, he hasn't played enough to develop his game. He could've/might become a ball-playing midfield general. We saw it in glimpses.

I always thought Moyes restricted his play, would like to see what Martinez could do with him.

I agree with that. I don't know. He is a crock though I accept that.

January 31, 2014, 12:41:59 AM
Reply #54

ally2

If we can't loan, maybe we can buy with the option for the selling club to buy back at a set price (i.e. nothing) at a set time?!  Surely lawyers can't sort something out like that. The it's not officially a loan and everyone is happy.

January 31, 2014, 12:48:13 AM
Reply #55

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Rodwell will come good. Good player and he can be that drive in midfield we need. If McCarthy develops and Rodwell becomes the player we saw against United we will have one of the best midfield partnersips in the land. I say we get him back and we would of made a profit on him.4-5M at most
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 31, 2014, 12:50:49 AM
Reply #56

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There comes to a point when you have to say it's not going to happen, that point has came for Rodwell imo. He's going to float around the Prem but he's never going to be the great player he could have been.

January 31, 2014, 12:50:51 AM
Reply #57

ally2

Imagine showing him around: "you're going to love our treatment room now Jack! Roberto has put up some new pictures and everything. You can do stairs can't you?"

January 31, 2014, 12:51:33 AM
Reply #58

Heisenberg

Neither are DM's though, and none particularly go forward, only sidewards. Far to similar to work. You can get away with having a player like that if you have a DM to break the play like barry.

At this moment in time, because we do have a proper DM, our teams more balanced now than it has been since we had carsley

January 31, 2014, 12:53:45 AM
Reply #59

benny

NSNO Subscriber
I'll get the ball rolling with a vintage transfer window shout.

Klaus jan huntelar?

if only it would happen  :hail: