December 15, 2018, 10:47:16 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day jan 31 2014  (Read 54275 times)

February 01, 2014, 05:13:39 AM
Reply #600

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 01, 2014, 05:15:14 AM
Reply #601

School of Science

when our injured players like Distin, Barkley, Coleman and Deulofeu are fit again, we are infinitely stronger than we started this window

Jelavic and Heitinga have 2 Premier League starts between them this season, they won't be missed, but their wages will be saved - and we even got money for Jelavic!

the summer is a better window to buy in, and we won't have the distortion of injuries to contend with either

keep the faith

I will keep the faith as long as we dont have to sell to buy again in the summer, well none of our bigger players anyway, with what we have sold,(Another negative net spend window) and the new improved tv deals, surely we will sign a couple of decent sized deals without flogging our better players. Fringe players only.Tool at will.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 01, 2014, 05:16:51 AM
Reply #602

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 01, 2014, 05:18:30 AM
Reply #603

Simon Paul

Administrator
I will keep the faith as long as we dont have to sell to buy again in the summer, well none of our bigger players anyway, with what we have sold,(Another negative net spend window) and the new improved tv deals, surely we will sign a couple of decent sized deals without flogging our better players. Fringe players only.Tool at will.

What we also need to remember is that we are still in the season of transition under Martinez.  What we have done so far has been excellent, but was by no means expected by most.

If we drop to 6th or 7th then that would have been most people's expectations in August, and would probably exceed a lot of people's expectations, but there is still a chance we can push on and fight for fourth this season.

February 01, 2014, 05:22:01 AM
Reply #604

School of Science

What we also need to remember is that we are still in the season of transition under Martinez.  What we have done so far has been excellent, but was by no means expected by most.

If we drop to 6th or 7th then that would have been most people's expectations in August, and would probably exceed a lot of people's expectatieons, but there is still a chance we can push on and fight for fourth this season.

Nothing I want more, except possibly a sneaky FA Cup win!

February 01, 2014, 05:23:19 AM
Reply #605

Simon Paul

Administrator
Nothing I want more, except possibly a sneaky FA Cup win!

we're building, and building takes time

winning the FA Cup is the possibility this season, and we could even push for fourth, but if we don't but we build enough to do it next season, then that's what we have been working towards

February 01, 2014, 05:23:40 AM
Reply #606

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

If we drop to 6th or 7th then that would have been most people's expectations in August, and would probably exceed a lot of people's expectations, but there is still a chance we can push on and fight for fourth this season.

The problem with this is that we are in a fight for 4th. Expectations have changed and they should because we are good enoguht. An oppurtunity like this might not come around for a while. A few signings could of really made us serious contenders. Now we more hoping.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 01, 2014, 05:24:27 AM
Reply #607

indiantoffee1975

I think we needed to a calculated risk with atleast one signing (permanent) and possibly another (loan). Take that risk now and go all out for 4th as opposed to wait until the summer when we finish 6th/7th. Exactly which players will come to us if we finish in those positions? secondly we all know too well with Bullshit Billy the money will disappear and any new signings will be funded from the sale of Barkley.

February 01, 2014, 05:26:50 AM
Reply #608

School of Science

we're building, and building takes time

winning the FA Cup is the possibility this season, and we could even push for fourth, but if we don't but we build enough to do it next season, then that's what we have been working towards

Agree Roberto deserves time results like the shite one will happen,we are a more attacking team and from time to time we may have to endure them, but I hope our board backs him he desrrves that as well.

February 01, 2014, 05:27:06 AM
Reply #609

Simon Paul

Administrator
The problem with this is that we are in a fight for 4th. Expectations have changed and they should because we are good enoguht. An oppurtunity like this might not come around for a while. A few signings could of really made us serious contenders. Now we more hoping.

Why won't it come around again?  After the summer we could be perfectly placed to fight off any competition for fourth.

February 01, 2014, 05:27:06 AM
Reply #610

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think the time to judge is in the summer, he's said he has money to spend and wants to do his business in the summer so i am prepared to cut him and the board some slack until then. In the meantime this is a decent window for us that people cant seem to judge objectively because we did our business uncharacteristically early.

I still reckon if we had signed Mc Geady, Traore and Czech lad today instead of earlier on people would be bouncing.

February 01, 2014, 05:27:09 AM
Reply #611

The Analog Kid

February 01, 2014, 05:28:23 AM
Reply #612

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

This.  I think we all got carried away by how well we had been doing but we have to bear in mind that there has been a radical change in playing style and that it is Martinez' first season.  After a few months of great form and results we have hit a bit of a slump and its time for a bit of a reality check.  Rome wasn't built in a day!top 7 this season will still be a good achievement, that and an FA Cup win would be sublime!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 01, 2014, 05:29:49 AM
Reply #613

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Why won't it come around again?  After the summer we could be perfectly placed to fight off any competition for fourth.

Wil United be this bad again next season?

Arsenal, City and Chelsea have really good squads. Liverpool might fade away once Suarex leaves but that leaves and improving Spurs and a better United. Right now, we so close, why let a chance slip away?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 01, 2014, 05:36:04 AM
Reply #614

School of Science

Sayin on ssn liverpools deal for sas whateverhisnameis fell through, arf arf, every cloud...