November 21, 2018, 07:47:50 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day jan 31 2014  (Read 53511 times)

February 01, 2014, 05:36:59 AM
Reply #615

The Good Citizen

I firmly believe the only reason we are not currently 4th is:

A: we dropped 6 points from draws at the start before the loan players came in
B: We have had the worst run of injuries in a short space of time in memory, once we lost Baines and Oviedo stepped up and we ran Arsenal ragged, since that game our first team and better sub options have just been decimated.

As it stands we are still in the hunt this season and good enough to contend for 4th next season, firmly believe that, this summer we just need to:

Replace Lukaku - tricky but far from impossible
Sign Barry
Go begging to Barca to keep Deulofeu for a second season with a view to becoming a first team regular.
Keep everyone we want to keep (mainly Barkley and Coleman

We just need to consolidate what we have really. If the above happens and we add some decent cover in CM and up front alongside Kone, Gibson and possibly Traore, in the summer, we should be looking at another succesful season filling in the obvious gaps from this one.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

February 01, 2014, 05:39:45 AM
Reply #616

The Analog Kid

Ace GIF`s, cheers people!

So, we didn`t get a last minute new face, so what, give it a few weeks and we`ll be stronger again. Teams around us haven`t really strengthened, some have sold key players to add to that. No new faces at Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle. Spurs lost a few decent players, Newcastle lost probably their most influential player and got nobody.

February 01, 2014, 05:40:04 AM
Reply #617

sam of the south

I think Roberto is saving the cash to get Deulofeu, Lukaku and Traore on permanents in the summer, plus bumper new long term contracts for Coleman and Barkley *taps nose*
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 01, 2014, 05:41:23 AM
Reply #618

The Analog Kid

I think Roberto is saving the cash to get Deulofeu, Lukaku and Traore on permanents in the summer, plus bumper new long term contracts for Coleman and Barkley *taps nose*

Ever the optimist Sam. Love it mate!

February 01, 2014, 05:42:31 AM
Reply #619

MmmblueBernard

Like the cut of your jib SOTS!

Think we'll get Lukaku as our big money transfer in the summer and get Delofuelouleoueleou on loan again next season as he's not quite there yet for the Barca first team.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 01, 2014, 05:42:46 AM
Reply #620

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Sayin on ssn liverpools deal for sas whateverhisnameis fell through, arf arf, every cloud...

Guarantee he would have been a flop anyway!

Likewise that Fulham striker!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 01, 2014, 05:50:54 AM
Reply #621

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I LOVE THE FACT THAT DESPITE NOT A LOT HAPPENING SKY ARE STILL SHOUTING AT ME AS IF THE EARTH'S CORE IS ABOUT TO IMPLODE ANY.SECOND.NOW!

OVER TO YOU JIM

THANKS MARK! LETS GO OVER WHAT HAS HAPPENED, CATTERMOLE DIDNT SIGN FOR STOKE. OVER TO YOU MARK.

THANKS JIM!

etc
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 01, 2014, 05:57:00 AM
Reply #622

Heisenberg

The problem with this is that we are in a fight for 4th. Expectations have changed and they should because we are good enoguht. An oppurtunity like this might not come around for a while. A few signings could of really made us serious contenders. Now we more hoping.

Not to mention we might not be as lucky with loans next year

February 01, 2014, 06:01:36 AM
Reply #623

Trowel

Valencia confirmed the signing of Senderos by using a photo of Hangeland... surely they signed the right player at least?!

https://twitter.com/valenciacf/status/429396125351546880
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 01, 2014, 06:05:08 AM
Reply #624

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not to mention we might not be as lucky with loans next year

But we might so why worry?  Plus its not luck it's intelligent scouting and use of the system.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:06:20 AM by Silas »

February 01, 2014, 06:08:51 AM
Reply #625

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
This.  I think we all got carried away by how well we had been doing but we have to bear in mind that there has been a radical change in playing style and that it is Martinez' first season.  After a few months of great form and results we have hit a bit of a slump and its time for a bit of a reality check.  Rome wasn't built in a day!top 7 this season will still be a good achievement, that and an FA Cup win would be sublime!

I agree if we had started off crap, we haven't we been bloody brilliant and with a stronger squad we could match anyone. What happened at Anfield a few nights ago is why we needed a few more bodies. half fit players just don't cut it in this league.

I am not saying we doomed but 4th will be very tough from here.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 01, 2014, 06:11:11 AM
Reply #626

Gash

Global Moderator
I am not saying we doomed but 4th will be very tough from here.

Over the course of a season it was always going to be. Especially in a transitional season with a new manager and a few new players.

February 01, 2014, 06:12:01 AM
Reply #627

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I LOVE THE FACT THAT DESPITE NOT A LOT HAPPENING SKY ARE STILL SHOUTING AT ME AS IF THE EARTH'S CORE IS ABOUT TO IMPLODE ANY.SECOND.NOW!

OVER TO YOU JIM

THANKS MARK! LETS GO OVER WHAT HAS HAPPENED, CATTERMOLE DIDNT SIGN FOR STOKE. OVER TO YOU MARK.

THANKS JIM!

etc

Top post
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 01, 2014, 06:13:27 AM
Reply #628

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
We just have to hope our injury crisis is coming to an end and we can put another run together soon with something resembling a proper first team with match fit players. May take another couple of games but it can happen.

4th is not impossible, but it will be tough, and we certainly need better luck than we have enjoyed so far in 2014.

Personally Ill be happy returning to shinier performances, good goals and a proper solid go. Whatever comes from that, I'll take (along with a great cup run!)
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

February 01, 2014, 06:13:47 AM
Reply #629

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Over the course of a season it was always going to be. Especially in a transitional season with a new manager and a few new players.

But it wasn't over what was definitely the tougher part of the season. Arsenal/United/City all away. We within touching distance and if we can replicate our first half of the season we could get 4th. Tough now with our injuries