3 (11.5%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 40316 times)

February 03, 2014, 08:40:45 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe I'm putting too much faith in him, but it seemed like our overall verve took a bit of tumble when Deulofeu got his injury.

A lot of games he was able to add an extra impetus when perhaps we had run out of ideas a bit or just needed a little extra lift  (obviously the goal at Arsenal, he also made the run into the box at Man United that caused havoc and we ended up scoring from to name a couple). He also helped cover for Mirallas' woeful early form, although thankfully this is becoming less of an issue. Even if it just makes our options from the bench that much stronger, he'll be a welcome addition back.

I think it's a bit like Coleman, we can't have enough players for me who are not frightened by the opposition and are willing to go toe to toe with anyone.

February 03, 2014, 08:44:41 PM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Deulefeou in every game he played as far as I can remember either had a very good chance or created one, that is always a great tool to have

Simply simply lovely

February 03, 2014, 08:46:22 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Deulefeou in every game he played as far as I can remember either had a very good chance or created one, that is always a great tool to have

We have many on here.

Both in and out of the clique.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 03, 2014, 08:48:26 PM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We have many on here.

Both in and out of the clique.
I knew I shouldn't have used tool

Simply simply lovely

February 03, 2014, 08:58:57 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

He is a bit like Pienaar for me, in that he offers something a little different. He might try a different pass or attempt a shot that puts the opposition on the back foot. He is also probably one of our best assets in terms of taking on a defender one on one.

It's ultimately about having options though, as any one tactic makes us predictable as does an overreliance on one or two players to break down a defence.

February 03, 2014, 09:12:29 PM
Reply #20

Thornton_19

Coleman back and Barkley a bit fitter too..
But the late 60 minutes Barcelona kids appearance is what excites me more :)

We havent half missed his pace coming on in the latter stages.

February 03, 2014, 09:48:49 PM
Reply #21

Outworlder47

Assuming Seamus is fit for a full 90, I'd go:
                 Howard
Coleman-Jagielka-Distin-Baines
           McCarthy-Barry
     Pienaar-Barkley-Mirallas
                 Naismith

Bench: Robles, Stones, Garbutt (?), McGeady, Deulofeu, Osman, Traore
--Needed a second defender on there, so went with Garbutt. Maybe Alcaraz if fit, leaving Distin/Barry to cover LB.

Could also try Mirallas again up front, with McGeady or Osman for Naismith. But Mirallas seems much, much more effective (in this system, at least) cutting in off the wings.

February 03, 2014, 09:58:28 PM
Reply #22

AllyBlue14

Assuming Seamus is fit for a full 90, I'd go:
                 Howard
Coleman-Jagielka-Distin-Baines
           McCarthy-Barry
     Pienaar-Barkley-Mirallas
                 Naismith

Bench: Robles, Stones, Garbutt (?), McGeady, Deulofeu, Osman, Traore
--Needed a second defender on there, so went with Garbutt. Maybe Alcaraz if fit, leaving Distin/Barry to cover LB.

Could also try Mirallas again up front, with McGeady or Osman for Naismith. But Mirallas seems much, much more effective (in this system, at least) cutting in off the wings.

Hibbert could always be the second defender on the bench.

If Traore still isn't fit, I'd say this is our best starting line-up. On Saturday's evidence, Mirallas needs help if he's up front, so for that reason, if we're playing one striker I'd agree with sticking Naisy there. I wouldn't say it's our most potent strike force but in the absence of any fit strikers it's probably the best we can do. Hopefully the 3 behind Naismith can link up and offer him some help because that seemed to be missing before the subs on Saturday.

February 03, 2014, 10:21:15 PM
Reply #23

Outworlder47

Hibbert could always be the second defender on the bench.

If Traore still isn't fit, I'd say this is our best starting line-up. On Saturday's evidence, Mirallas needs help if he's up front, so for that reason, if we're playing one striker I'd agree with sticking Naisy there. I wouldn't say it's our most potent strike force but in the absence of any fit strikers it's probably the best we can do. Hopefully the 3 behind Naismith can link up and offer him some help because that seemed to be missing before the subs on Saturday.

Would probably agree with Hibbert. Wouldn't really want a young player coming on for his PL debut at White Hart Lane, unless we were up 3 goals with <10 minutes left.

I actually think Naismith is serviceable up front as a fill-in. Wouldn't want him playing every match up top, but with the movement and passing that we offer behind him, he's got enough intelligence to pop up in good positions to finish.

Now that we're getting people fit again, our subs are going to be much less predictable. I really liked the Naismith-for-Stones sub against Villa, as that's the sort of unorthodox thinking that can sometimes steal a couple points over the course of the season. That (plus Lambert's puzzling removal of Vlaar) really turned the match around.

February 03, 2014, 10:23:34 PM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
I was completely baffled by the sub, I'd say McCarthy filled in at right back but he pretty much covered the whole right hand side of the pitch.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2014, 10:45:54 PM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
Atkinson for Liverpool and the referee for this one is Clattenburg.

Can we not keep the referees that have royally fucked us over in the past away from big games?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2014, 11:02:12 PM
Reply #26

charlatan

Good for you. I need a mod in my clique too...

These do yer? ;)

February 03, 2014, 11:11:06 PM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Atkinson for Liverpool and the referee for this one is Clattenburg.

Can we not keep the referees that have royally fucked us over in the past away from big games?

I want clattenburg whenever we can get him.

Any contentious decision will just go our way.

February 03, 2014, 11:30:11 PM
Reply #28

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think we miss Coleman when he's out more than any other player.  Best right back in the league by a mile
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 04, 2014, 01:11:13 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was completely baffled by the sub, I'd say McCarthy filled in at right back but he pretty much covered the whole right hand side of the pitch.

McCarthy is Roberto's lieutenant. He has a huge amount of trust in him, and is happy to say "i need you to go and play a position you've never played before, and do it well because we need to win this" and McCarthy's happy to do it, and quite frankly he smashed it.

shaping up to be our best signing to be honest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.