3 (11.5%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 40296 times)

February 04, 2014, 02:06:39 PM
Reply #30

Trowel

McCarthy is Roberto's lieutenant. He has a huge amount of trust in him, and is happy to say "i need you to go and play a position you've never played before, and do it well because we need to win this" and McCarthy's happy to do it, and quite frankly he smashed it.

shaping up to be our best signing to be honest.

Although I think we'd all agree Seamus is running away with player of the season, when you look at the MOM winners in the matchday threads (not every thread had one), there's a different story emerging:

McCarthy 5
Coleman 3
Barry 3
Howard 2
Pienaar 2
Mirallas 2
Barkley 2
Baines
Oviedo
Alcaraz
Naismith
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 04, 2014, 05:35:12 PM
Reply #31

Fellainis Hairdresser

howard
coleman jags distin baines
McCarthy barry
mirallas barkley pienaar
Naismith

3-1 the blues, there for the taking these lot!
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

February 04, 2014, 05:52:37 PM
Reply #32

The Good Citizen

I know being obssessed with possession is a bit Brenda Rogers but it was 71% last week against Villa, meaning Villa had less than 19 minutes on the ball, you can see why we're so hard to beat. Expect our lineup to be as the last post with aside from Naismith for Lukaku is our strongest side, if Deulofeu plays a part we're pretty much there. Still expect a few to be short of full fitness which is where dominating possession proves so useful. Is Naismith such a step down from the Lukaku of the last 2 months? He's already scoring more than Lukaku has been and that clever movement to receive the pass off Pienaar against Villa gives me hope that he can be a bit of a revelation in this spell where we're short up front. He is a good finisher, busy in the box and far better in the air than he should be for his height, lacks a little height and presence of course but when we keep the ball so well I think we can afford a striker who doesn't spend the whole game isolated backing into his defender and wrestling to hold on to a ball.

1-3 Everton, we're due a performance that makes people take us seriously again and we have form already in North London against a superior Arsenal.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:56:27 PM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

February 04, 2014, 05:57:50 PM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
More of a case of Aston Villa producing the most negative performance I've seen at Goodison Park though.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 04, 2014, 06:07:53 PM
Reply #34

The Good Citizen

Maybe they sat back, but you look over our possession stats this year and we're consistently above 65% against a lot of teams even away from home we fair well.

February 04, 2014, 06:10:09 PM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We struggled against Spurs at home earlier in the season, they really stopped us playing. Will be an interesting game to see what Sherwood does.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 04, 2014, 06:29:56 PM
Reply #36

The Good Citizen

Yeah first half they really found us out, improved after the break, they've shipped 5 at home against Liverpool and City though and we're the first decent team to play them at home since those defeats. I'm goin to have my positive head on for this one and just ignore any reason to the contrary. ;)

February 04, 2014, 06:40:33 PM
Reply #37

Ross

We struggled against Spurs at home earlier in the season, they really stopped us playing. Will be an interesting game to see what Sherwood does.

AVB had Spurs primed and tuned for that game, he liked to play a high line and put as much pressure on the opposition as possible. Like Moyes used to do with Swansea, stifle them and give the opposition no time to play.

Sherwood's football philosophy is more Mike Bassett , get out their, relax and enjoy yourself boys we've got good players we'll be alright. I imagine it's going to be a different type of game all together, but I expect its probably going to be another draw.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Although I think we'd all agree Seamus is running away with player of the season, when you look at the MOM winners in the matchday threads (not every thread had one), there's a different story emerging:

McCarthy 5
Coleman 3
Barry 3
Howard 2
Pienaar 2
Mirallas 2
Barkley 2
Baines
Oviedo
Alcaraz
Naismith

I wouldent say Coleman is running away with it.

Any 3 from McCarthy, Barry and Coleman for me

February 04, 2014, 06:48:53 PM
Reply #39

hill135

Spurs shut us down in the last game because of their defensive midfielders, specficially Sandro. Sherwood seems to have an aversion to defensive midfielders so I anticipate a different game.

February 04, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
Reply #40

The Good Citizen

Spurs shut us down in the last game because of their defensive midfielders, specficially Sandro. Sherwood seems to have an aversion to defensive midfielders so I anticipate a different game.

I saw it more as pressing our defence and rushing us into mistakes, bit like at Liverpool although they were misfiring up front and we got off the hook with a goalless draw in the end. We were still adapting to possession football at the time and had a few of those moments in games, spurs played it better than most though.

February 04, 2014, 06:54:46 PM
Reply #41

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Any news on Traore? really looking forward to seeing him play.

Cant wait for the game, wish Sunday would hurry the fuck up.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 04, 2014, 06:56:44 PM
Reply #42

hill135

I saw it more as pressing our defence and rushing us into mistakes, bit like at Liverpool although they were misfiring up front and we got off the hook with a goalless draw in the end. We were still adapting to possession football at the time and had a few of those moments in games, spurs played it better than most though.

True they pressed well front to back, but I think Sandro was they key in shutting down our midfield. He's barely had a look in under Sherwood, although he might be injured.

It will be interesting to see if Sherwood abandons the 442 against us like he did with Swansea. I hope he doesn't.

February 04, 2014, 07:08:02 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
True they pressed well front to back, but I think Sandro was they key in shutting down our midfield. He's barely had a look in under Sherwood, although he might be injured.

It will be interesting to see if Sherwood abandons the 442 against us like he did with Swansea. I hope he doesn't.

Yeah I'd say that they stopped us from getting up the pitch rather than at Anfield we were able to move up the pitch which then exposed us at the back.

We passed the ball poorly at home vs Spurs; if we had played better we would have had chances to hit them on the break - I remember a few occasions in the first half where Mirallas didn't follow Vertonghen so when we won it back he'd have been free, but we messed up the pass every single time.

February 04, 2014, 07:26:43 PM
Reply #44

Bally

Administrator
It's the roll I way