3 (11.5%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 40146 times)

February 04, 2014, 09:53:22 PM
Reply #45

MRB85

At GP Spurs had all the possession first half but created next to nothing because they continually played the ball sideways. They were rarely a real threat.  That's why the manager got the sack.

February 04, 2014, 10:38:07 PM
Reply #46

wepull

If Traore is not fit then I would like Mirallas to play up top for this match instead of Naismith. Spurs have struggled against pacy attacks this season and would like Mirallas to get behind their defence.

February 04, 2014, 10:42:06 PM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah and be offside.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 04, 2014, 10:47:49 PM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
After the last game I'm not sure how anyone would want to repeat Mirallas being played up top. Just takes too much away from his game, plus as mentioned he seemed unable to make runs that were onside.

Keep him where he is best, play Naismith if Traore isn't fit. Although I think Naismith works better as a sub, we don't have much other choice.

February 04, 2014, 11:06:04 PM
Reply #49

Cozzie

Delefeou is supposed to be back for this one right?

Can't wait if he is, havent half missed him.

Hope coleman makes this one too, he just offers us so much going forward, best full back in the league this season by far.

February 05, 2014, 12:11:39 AM
Reply #50

Trowel

Hope coleman makes this one too, he just offers us so much going forward, best full back in the league this season by far.

Martinez was in typically upbeat mood when providing his latest update on Tuesday and discussed potential returns for Coleman and Gerard Deulofeu.

He said: "They are very important players and we have had good news on them. I would say Seamus is probably in the right category [to play].

"Gerard is back from Spain, is training and is really excited and enthusiastic about getting back. Obviously we will have to assess him to see how quickly we can get him match fit. From a medical point of view, he is fit and that's really positive and we have to make sure we give him the right doses of work.

"We're really excited at having those two back. Sylvain Distin and Phil Jagielka came through the game against Aston Villa with no problems. We are getting important numbers alongside Lacina Traore, who is working well on a daily basis and getting close to being ready to make his full debut."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:11:52 AM by Trowel »
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 05, 2014, 06:27:45 PM
Reply #51

hannu

coleman is a must for this game

i remember what i think was colemans first game for us or atleast it was the first time i seen him play

20 mins to go we are 2 nil down moyes puts coleman on for last 20 mins because we had already lost so give the lad a run out

only for coleman to absolutly destroy spurs and set up 2 goals

brilliant

February 05, 2014, 08:08:08 PM
Reply #52

Dreggs

Massive game...

A lot of optimism to be in this league position after ALL our injuries, lets get a few back this weekend and get 3 very important points...

Expecting Coleman start and Deulo with 20 minutes to go... Maybe sneaky 10 minutes for Traore too "if fit"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:27:18 PM by Dreggs »
Jobs, Homes, Friends, Family and Women
will always come and go...

Only one thing will be with me for every day
I breathe on this earth...  "EVERTON FC"

February 05, 2014, 08:30:01 PM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
Can't underestimate how important Coleman is.

I like Stones and although he played right back for Barnsley, he's clearly looks like a centre back filling in when he plays full back.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 05, 2014, 11:41:19 PM
Reply #54

School of Science

Think McGeady will get the first hour then Roberto will unleash Gerard. With the likes of Deulofeu and Coleman coming back and Gibson and Treore back in training, the squad doesn't look so small does it. Get Lukaku back fresh as well and watch us go.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 06, 2014, 12:55:04 AM
Reply #55

velimski

Think McGeady will get the first hour then Roberto will unleash Gerard. With the likes of Deulofeu and Coleman coming back and Gibson and Treore back in training, the squad doesn't look so small does it. Get Lukaku back fresh as well and watch us go.

Is Gibbo back training?

February 06, 2014, 01:27:17 AM
Reply #56

charlatan

Fourth Official tweeted that he was today or yesterday when they were at Finch Farm for the Umbro thing
Is Gibbo back training?

February 06, 2014, 01:33:02 AM
Reply #57

AllyBlue14

Depending on who is fit and who's playing up front, I'd have thought McGeady would be on the bench, with Pienaar, Barkley and Mirallas playing behind Naismith.

Funny how a couple of months ago we started Deulofeu in place of Mirallas, but he's been our stand-out player over the last few weeks.

February 06, 2014, 02:35:58 AM
Reply #58

krakkokain

We should unleash Deulofeu  for this one. It seems hes been itching for a game and spurs wont be expecting him let him and Mirallas switch up top

February 06, 2014, 09:19:42 AM
Reply #59

blueski

After the last game I'm not sure how anyone would want to repeat Mirallas being played up top. Just takes too much away from his game, plus as mentioned he seemed unable to make runs that were onside.

Keep him where he is best, play Naismith if Traore isn't fit. Although I think Naismith works better as a sub, we don't have much other choice.
I think he should be used up top for at least part of the game

Obviously the offsides were a problem for us in the game but it as I can remember it was his first game up top and with a couple of games I think he could learn to be quite effective up there and cut down the number of times posession is wasted

Naismith is a good finisher and a player I like but his ability to hold the ball up and play with his back to the net isn't as developed. With Mirallas at least there's a constant goal threat that is much more difficult to manage than with Naismith
Nil Satis