November 22, 2017, 03:26:35 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace (Postponed)  (Read 18332 times)

February 11, 2014, 08:04:24 PM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator
Surely Osman won't start this after starting on Sunday?

I'd say the same of Naismith considering how tired he looked but we don't really have any other options.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2014, 08:07:23 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

Howard
Coleman
Distin
Jags
Baines
Barry
Barkley
McCarthy
McGeady
Mirallas
Naismith

February 11, 2014, 08:41:24 PM
Reply #17

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Worried about this. They look the most revitalised side in the league and we look dead on our arses
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 11, 2014, 09:01:32 PM
Reply #18

Shogun

Administrator
Reading Palace forums, they quite confident of getting something and a lot are predicting a win for them.

lol.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2014, 09:11:45 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Reading Palace forums, they quite confident of getting something and a lot are predicting a win for them.

lol.

I'm not entirely surprised. They're turning things around and have the feel good boost from bringing in a bunch of new signings. If they go ahead with their first shot on goal like others, it could be a long 90 mins.

We on the other hand need a performance. Something to lift people and make them believe we could go on a run until the end of the season. Right now it's all very stop start and with Palace then Chelsea it has the potential to bring more of the same. We need Barkley back at his best, along with Deulofeu and either Traore or Lukaku up top. We need a game where we hit them early and ideally get 2 or 3 without conceding. All these games of late we play on a knife edge because we can't reliably find ways to score and it does nothing for our confidence.

If Traore or Lukaku come in and start getting goals, I think the whole mood could shift the same as it did when Lukaku came on at West Ham. All of a sudden there was a sharpness to our attacking play, a positivity of getting into the box rather than dancing around it. I don't think many are confident in how we are lining up at the moment though.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:18:03 PM by blueToffee »

February 11, 2014, 09:14:33 PM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Saw the highlights of their game against West Brom. The Baggies missed chance after chance after chance. Palace were pretty fortunate to win so comfortably. Really think we should win and win quite comfortably.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 11, 2014, 10:18:42 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think we played well against Norwich tbh. We havent been immense in a good while though.

We were playing pretty well but Osman and Pienaar going off and the switch to 3 at the back made the last 30 mins uncofortable viewing.

It's part of the reason why I was disappointed that it happened as it looked like we were on for a 3,4,5-0 result.

As it was it was a nervy 2-0 and it does seem like ages since we played well.

February 12, 2014, 12:08:18 AM
Reply #22

MmmBlueRamirez

Haven't played well since Arsenal awAy. Need a big performance and score line to get our season back on track.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 12, 2014, 12:46:47 AM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

Thought we played really well against Sunderland personally, after the red card. Shit result like, but excellent performance imo.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 12, 2014, 01:04:44 AM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Thought we played really well against Sunderland personally, after the red card. Shit result like, but excellent performance imo.

We did ok like for a team with 10men. Sunderland didnt even try and score though once they had gone 1-0 up. I've decided that possesion stats aren't as good as scoring more than the opposition

Our good performances this season were all between West Ham away 2nd half and the Arsenal game. Since then we've not really impressed.

Really hoping we get a second wind once Lukaku is back and Traore, Barkley and Deulofeu are back upto speed
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:14:23 AM by Sir Stealth »
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 12, 2014, 02:01:04 AM
Reply #25

wepull

Common we are at Goodison Park. Anything less than a win would be a massive disappointment.

February 12, 2014, 05:35:20 AM
Reply #26

ally2

Could be frustrating but we should go all out from the offset. Would like to see deulefeu start to go at them. I think the evening atmosphere will help us as well.

February 12, 2014, 12:57:17 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

As SS says it was ok for 10 men.

My issue in that game was that the 3 closest attempts to equalise were Oviedo's long range shot; Barkley's free kick and a header from a corner.

Apart from the free kick save and the header from the corner there was little to no sustained pressure on their goal.

This will be one of the things that will improve with understanding of RM's approach I'm sure but it the build up of pressure does need working on.

February 12, 2014, 02:09:07 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We need a performance tonight from a forward, whether its Naismith being clinical, Mirallas dancing passed players and drilling a few in or sommet alike. We cant just pass in front of them for 80 mins and hope that eventually we will break them down. Lets gets them turned and play in behind them and fill the box a bit more

Simply simply lovely

February 12, 2014, 02:10:42 PM
Reply #29

GrantyBoy78

As SS says it was ok for 10 men.

My issue in that game was that the 3 closest attempts to equalise were Oviedo's long range shot; Barkley's free kick and a header from a corner.

Apart from the free kick save and the header from the corner there was little to no sustained pressure on their goal.

This will be one of the things that will improve with understanding of RM's approach I'm sure but it the build up of pressure does need working on.

Once again, we had trouble breaking down a team that got men behind the ball and weren't interested in playing. Can be forgiven though, as we did only have 10 men. Marrone got Mom if I remember correctly.