November 18, 2017, 12:43:06 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace (Postponed)  (Read 18258 times)

February 12, 2014, 02:17:00 PM
Reply #30

GrantyBoy78

We need a performance tonight from a forward, whether its Naismith being clinical, Mirallas dancing passed players and drilling a few in or sommet alike. We cant just pass in front of them for 80 mins and hope that eventually we will break them down. Lets gets them turned and play in behind them and fill the box a bit more
If we concede first again though , they'll just sit and kill the space in behind . Much better teams than us have had trouble breaking down teams that park the bus. Likewise, most teams are dangerous if the opposition allows them time on the ball and space in behind.

February 12, 2014, 02:20:07 PM
Reply #31

GrantyBoy78

Would much rather we were playing someone that would 'come at us' tonight. Really not in the mood for watching a fucking dire Pulis team come for a point.

February 12, 2014, 02:36:34 PM
Reply #32

sharpattack

If we start with the same team as Sunday it will be atrocious. At least 2 changes from the starting XI
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 12, 2014, 02:57:10 PM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
@TonyBarretTimes: Roberto Martinez has admitted it could take up to a fortnight for Ross Barkley to be pain-free after fracturing his toe.

February 12, 2014, 02:58:32 PM
Reply #34

Glory

He is a professional. I expect players to play when in some form of manageable pain.

February 12, 2014, 02:59:44 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Playing with a broken toe can really affect your game though

February 12, 2014, 03:59:54 PM
Reply #36

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley is clearly not right at the moment, would rather we rest him until he is better, just hope we have enough in us to beat Swansea in the cup without him, would be great to go into a quarter final with players back, and upto fitness

As for tonight, I'll take the scrappiest 1-0 win going if needs be
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 12, 2014, 04:45:36 PM
Reply #37

goodtouchforabigman

Was just looking at the forecast and it says 40 mile an hour winds at 8pm tonight.

Even if it's not called off for safety reasons maybe it should for footy reasons, that's going to be one shite game in that kind of wind. 

February 12, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It would be under Moyes. We play it on the carpet now :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 12, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
Reply #39

Gash

Global Moderator
Tim Howard might score again? :)

February 12, 2014, 05:37:01 PM
Reply #40

goodtouchforabigman

I hope not cos didn't we get beat by Bolton the last time that happened!!

I'm thinking really, really bad conditions are going to even things up for Palace, I'm a bit worried about this one.

PS

Sorry about the new thread I didn't think to pit it in here.

February 12, 2014, 05:37:06 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Was just looking at the forecast and it says 40 mile an hour winds at 8pm tonight.

Even if it's not called off for safety reasons maybe it should for footy reasons, that's going to be one shite game in that kind of wind. 

Pulis has just hit fully erect hearing this news.

February 12, 2014, 05:59:59 PM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope not cos didn't we get beat by Bolton the last time that happened!!

I'm thinking really, really bad conditions are going to even things up for Palace, I'm a bit worried about this one.

PS

Sorry about the new thread I didn't think to pit it in here.

Think it was a 1-1 draw.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 12, 2014, 06:00:57 PM
Reply #43

Glory

2-1 loss I'm pretty sure.

February 12, 2014, 06:01:06 PM
Reply #44

goodtouchforabigman

Pulis has just hit fully erect hearing this news.
Just spat me tea over me keyboard laughing. It is though isn't it, right up his "shitty ruin it for everyone else" street.