November 18, 2018, 10:43:22 AM

Author Topic: 15-a-side  (Read 1984 times)

April 20, 2014, 12:48:58 AM
Reply #15

The Good Citizen

If you were the sniper playing against the RS could you use a machine gun?

They already employ one I think, seen Suarez go down like he's been shot a few times.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

April 20, 2014, 01:43:32 AM
Reply #16

toffee_scot

What do you think football would be like with 13 or 15 players each and played on a bigger pitch?

Is this another one of Sepp Blatter's brainwaves?

April 20, 2014, 02:13:23 AM
Reply #17

Evertonexile

Yes. Or 7 a side. Played in the summer. Keeping players fit playing for their normal teams.  Superstars only. Would make a shed load of money.

The problem with playing a rugby sevens style version of football is that it doesn't work well with the forward pass. I have a feeling that extra space would just promote long balling it up the pitch, rather the promote the running and athleticism we see in sevens.

You could add some sort of line system, making it illegal to pass the ball more than a certain number of meters, or across a certain number of zones (kind of like in ice hockey, where it's illegal to simply hoof the puck out of your end into the other teams (called 'icing') with some exceptions that make it work.

As others have mentioned, Gaelic football is awesome to watch, or Australian rules if you like your sports to be violent and insane.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.