1 (2.4%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 30491 times)

February 17, 2014, 07:56:03 PM
Reply #30

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't think there's any hard and fast rule in football? I'm sure rugby is three weeks but obviously there's a greater chance of getting another serious knock in rugby.

February 17, 2014, 07:58:40 PM
Reply #31

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hope Naismith remembers how good he was when he came on as thats exactly what we want from him every game!

Must be confusing enough for him as it is the way he goes from scapegoat to saviour on a weekly basis!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 17, 2014, 08:14:37 PM
Reply #32

blueski

hope we can get our general mentality sorted for this one, we looked inches from calamity far too often v Swansea and if we were playing Chelsea we'd have lost for sure

the positive probably is that they will be too bothered about playing their football to bother focusing on pressing
Nil Satis

February 17, 2014, 08:15:14 PM
Reply #33

bluegrant

One big game can change momentum. At the moment it's hard to see us in our current form winning the game but if we could find a way to do it it would give us a much needed boost in confidence that could make a huge difference in the run in.

Is it too much to hope for a couple of games against Chelsea where they can't find a way to score?
against city they were not very impressive ,should beat them 0-1

February 18, 2014, 05:48:42 AM
Reply #34

MRB85

Hope I'm not talking too soon, but the way Mourinho sets up his teams is not the way that is likely to tear teams apart.  I can't recall them hammering us for many a year.

February 18, 2014, 05:58:02 AM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
Hope I'm not talking too soon, but the way Mourinho sets up his teams is not the way that is likely to tear teams apart.  I can't recall them hammering us for many a year.
They beat us 3-0 there a couple of years ago under AVB
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 18, 2014, 12:24:52 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They beat us 3-0 there a couple of years ago under AVB

3-1 I think. Vellios scored.

February 18, 2014, 12:30:03 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We got beat 1-4 in the cup and 0-3 in the league in 05/06.

Since then we've drawn 5 and lost (the last) 2 in the league. We've also lost the 1st leg of the LC semi 1-2 but won on pens in the FA Cup.

February 18, 2014, 01:23:32 PM
Reply #38

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
3-1 I think. Vellios scored.
Correct - I was there - He scored shortly after coming on - and they didn't hammer us.

February 18, 2014, 01:32:11 PM
Reply #39

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It'll be interesting to see how we approach this.

As you say Mourinho will be happy to concede possession but then look to spring forward with Hazard etc

February 18, 2014, 07:10:18 PM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

I thought this was a Sunday fixture, and I was already pissed about it not being on TV (and DVRable, since I have a Sunday brunch date).  Then I saw this thread, and am overjoyed at needing to set my alarm to get up early on Saturday.

There will be no further debate whether 4th is still even a remote possibility, after this result.  Win = yes, Loss/tie = no.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 18, 2014, 10:16:10 PM
Reply #41

blueski

It'll be interesting to see how we approach this.

As you say Mourinho will be happy to concede possession but then look to spring forward with Hazard etc
and them, Mourinho has done that but he's also a tactician and I'm sure it won't have escaped him that we've had trouble against high pressing teams
Nil Satis

February 19, 2014, 12:45:23 AM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
last time we won here I believe was with a Paul Rideout goal in a 1-0 victory.  Later that season we won the FA cup final against a Manchester Club with the same player scoring and us winning by the same scoreline. Lets hope Steven Naismith bags a winner at Stamford Bridge and then repeats the feat in the FA cup final!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 19, 2014, 12:55:21 AM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
last time we won here I believe was with a Paul Rideout goal in a 1-0 victory.  Later that season we won the FA cup final against a Manchester Club with the same player scoring and us winning by the same scoreline. Lets hope Steven Naismith bags a winner at Stamford Bridge and then repeats the feat in the FA cup final!
brilliant cross by limpar... One of a few decent things he did.

Simply simply lovely

February 19, 2014, 02:19:49 AM
Reply #44

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
brilliant cross by limpar... One of a few decent things he did.

You calling Limpar lad? Them be fighting words!