1 (2.9%)
Lukaku (sub)
4 (11.8%)
McGeady (sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham  (Read 30573 times)

February 27, 2014, 07:54:06 PM
Reply #60

Ross

it's a definite option. I get the feeling that whoever comes on will have a bigger say than whoever starts

Yeah it's not going to be easy, and we seemingly can't get ahead early on at the moment. Bobby's been very good mostly with his subs knowing who and when will make an impact, hopefully that carries on.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 27, 2014, 07:54:22 PM
Reply #61

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather Stones played. He hasn't out a foot wrong at CB.

I think he's looked quite poor tbh, potential is there, but he's not ready.

Him against Carroll is a nightmare waiting to happen.

February 27, 2014, 07:58:06 PM
Reply #62

Bluedylan

Part of me thinks, ''fuck it, we're not going to get 4th, so let's just give Stones some more game time in the top flight''. But Ram's point about Carroll is fair. They will just target Carroll on Stones with long balls, and it could be carnage.

Is Alcaraz any good in the air?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 27, 2014, 08:00:22 PM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Part of me thinks, ''fuck it, we're not going to get 4th, so let's just give Stones some more game time in the top flight''. But Ram's point about Carroll is fair. They will just target Carroll on Stones with long balls, and it could be carnage.

Is Alcaraz any good in the air?

He'll have the expirience to deal with him better than stones would

February 27, 2014, 08:08:27 PM
Reply #64

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He'll have the expirience to deal with him better than stones would
that was my reasoning. Be more comfortable with alcaraz and distin. Don't forget it's not just carroll it's that snide cunt Nolan as well

Simply simply lovely

February 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM
Reply #65

Shogun

Administrator
He done well against Stoke and Peter Crouch, I'm sure Stones would be fine.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 27, 2014, 08:46:21 PM
Reply #66

Fellainis Hairdresser

I think he's looked quite poor tbh, potential is there, but he's not ready.

Him against Carroll is a nightmare waiting to happen.

his positioning is to cock atm, been caught the wrong side a few times but got away with it.
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

February 27, 2014, 10:43:46 PM
Reply #67

blob

they're on a roll, but i fully expect us to easily roll them over, as usual.

February 27, 2014, 11:27:16 PM
Reply #68

hill135

Like Shogun said, Stones made his first Prem start against the long ball team par-excellence. Think he'll be fine.

February 27, 2014, 11:37:00 PM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Crouch isn't the same as carroll and Nolan

Simply simply lovely

February 28, 2014, 06:12:57 PM
Reply #70

blue slug

Do people think that Stones seems to have better positional sense when playing at centre back as apposed to right back?

February 28, 2014, 06:17:30 PM
Reply #71

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Main worry is they rely heavily on their wide man getting good delivery into carroll and in general this season we seem really slow to stop crosses coming in.

Simply simply lovely

February 28, 2014, 09:58:49 PM
Reply #72

cantoffee

I think Stones is fine with a high ball and battling with a striker to win a ball in the air - he's fairly strong and he's certainly tall enough. Alcaraz is fairly short and doesn't have the same leap as other undersized CBs like Jags so I think he would struggle against Carroll. Plus we have no idea if he is fit or not, hasn't he been fatigue for a month and a half now?

Stones would be my choice - I think where he seems to have struggled is on balls over the top where he gets caught out of position but defending crosses should be fine for a defender of his experience as it's just about the first thing you learn.

That and he sometimes goes a little too Messi when he brings the ball out of defence - something which I think in time will prove to be an asset but right now he doesn't seem to know when the right time to carry the ball forward is and when he should make the easy pass.

February 28, 2014, 11:29:22 PM
Reply #73

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

February 28, 2014, 11:30:29 PM
Reply #74

bluegrant

No problems tomorow 3-0 easy were on our way again ,do to big sam what we did to arry  :woohoo: