November 19, 2017, 03:02:33 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 35443 times)

March 02, 2014, 10:29:42 AM
Read 35443 times

Shogun

Administrator

Arsenal v Everton
Emirates Stadium
Saturday 8th March 12:45
FA Cup Quarter Final

Arsenal's last 5 domestic results:

Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal (Arteta Pen)
Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United
Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool - FA Cup (Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski)
Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland (Giroud x2, Rosicky, Koscielny)
Stoke 1-0 Arsenal

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 2-1 Aston Villa (Naismith, Mirallas)
Tottenham 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 Swansea - FA Cup (Traore, Naismith, Baines Pen)
Chelsea 1-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 West Ham (Lukaku)

Everton

Everton go into this game after a 1-0 home win over West Ham as Romelu Lukaku sealed his return from injury with a substitute winning goal in the 81st minute. Everton put to bed a dismal run of 5 matches without a clean sheet and extended their home form to 4 wins in a row since losing to Sunderland on Boxing Day. Everton will be looking for a change of fortunes in away form with the FA Cup on Saturday as they've lost their last 3 in a row and have failed to win in 5 in the Premier League.

Everton have made the final 8 of the FA Cup 24 times since the end of World War II in 1945. Out of those 24 times, Everton won 15 of the ties and went on to reach the final of the Cup on 8 occasions. 3 of Everton's 5 FA Cup wins have come in those matches. Everton have reached this stage of the competition 7 times since the Premier League began but have only surpassed this stage 3 times.

Possible Line Ups

Arsenal

Similar to their opponents, Arsenal come into this match on the back of a 1-0 home win, unfortunately for Arsenal, they were the away side. Arsene Wenger's side lost 1-0 to Stoke after conceding a dubious penalty in the 76th minute in a result which has dented their title ambitions. This is Arsenal's 2nd away defeat in a row following that 5-1 loss at Anfield. Arsenal also lost last time they were at home to Bayern Munich in the Champions League but they'll be hoping to carry their home form from the Premier League into the FA Cup as they've only lost 1 match there all season which came on the opening day to Aston Villa.

Arsenal have reached this stage of the competition a couple more times than their next opponents with 26 Quarter Final appearances to their name in the FA Cup since 1945. Arsenal have won 19 of their 26 ties in the last 8 and have won 8 of their  10 FA Cup titles in this era. Since the Premier League began in 1992, Arsenal have won 9 out of 10 Quarter finals. 17 of these 26 fixtures have brought about a home tie for arsenal in which they have won 11.

Stats & Injuries

Arsenal will be without long term injuries Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott for this match whilst Kim Kallstrom is still nursing an injury since joining on loan. Aaron Ramsey is still a couple of weeks from fitness, though Nacho Monreal is set to return.

Everton will certainly be without Darron Gibson, Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo who are all long term injuries. Phil Jageilka is set to miss the match along with Lacina Traore whilst Antolin Alcaraz is finding fitness.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:30:10 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 02, 2014, 10:45:51 AM
Reply #1

Outworlder47

A draw to get a Goodison replay wouldn't be the worst outcome, but I could definitely see us poaching a late goal on the counter after a tight affair.

March 02, 2014, 02:18:54 PM
Reply #2

Blue Alex

We stay with them the first half their fans will be on their backs, mind you some of the stick Roberto is starting to get on here we may have to go 2 up asap.

March 02, 2014, 03:06:34 PM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be happy with a replay.  Arsenal are in stuttering form though, if we can keep it level after an hour I think we might be able to sneak it.  I'd start Lukaku and Mirallas, and have Deulofeu and Naismith in there to win it for us late on.  Would really be a massive boost to the club if we could get to Wembley again
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 02, 2014, 03:08:20 PM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Big game this - not just for the cup but physiologically for fourth. Arsenal are showing a weakness and have some tough games. I said a few weeks ago it might be them rather than the RS we were chasing for fourth. Exciting few months left. COYB
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 02, 2014, 03:22:22 PM
Reply #5

farnhamtoffee

A replay back at Goodison under the lights would be a great result for us.
Tight game at Arsenal , but hopefully Jags will be back.

March 02, 2014, 03:37:14 PM
Reply #6

farnhamtoffee

:cheers:     

Just to let everyone on here know what a fantastic guy Eddie is , he went right out of his way to get an Arsenal ticket for me . He not only qued up online , he then went down to the ground , all in his own time.
Youre a top Blue mate , and if I can ever repay your time and effort , you only have to ask.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:38:35 PM by farnhamtoffee »

March 02, 2014, 03:43:28 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's like an Eddie wankathon on here :)

Simply simply lovely

March 02, 2014, 03:47:46 PM
Reply #8

farnhamtoffee

lolol lolol
It's like an Eddie wankathon on here :)

Don't tell him that , he will be "coming " on here all the time.   

March 02, 2014, 04:26:51 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Their crowd will be very demanding/anxious for this game.

We have to use that to our advantage.

They'll be expecting a win so any signs of that not happening will spread the moans/abuse that you get when expected things aren't happening, very quickly

March 02, 2014, 04:33:00 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Expect us to rally go for this. Should be a great game

March 02, 2014, 04:42:53 PM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

I read that in a Scottish accent
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 02, 2014, 05:12:20 PM
Reply #12

bluegrant

if stoke can beat them ,and were a far better team we should beat them easy,wenger doesn't like playing us :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:13:26 PM by bluegrant »

March 02, 2014, 05:17:04 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
if stoke can beat them ,and were a far better team we should beat them easy,wenger doesn't like playing us :thumbsup:

We haven't beaten Arsenal since 2007.

I'm not sure we're at the top of Wenger's bogey team list.

March 02, 2014, 05:18:27 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

It'll be interesting to see to what extent Arsenal are still going for the Champs League vs going for the FA Cup. If I was Wenger I'd focus on trying to win this game, rather than trying to overturn the Bayern deficit, which is highly unlikely.

Really fancy us to win this game outright at the Emirates.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.