1 (1.7%)
Deulofeu
29 (49.2%)
Lukaku
4 (6.8%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton  (Read 25499 times)

March 26, 2014, 03:43:26 PM
Reply #480

On Timmy Cahills Head

Think it's safe to say Ross has got the club's goal of the season award wrapped up, absolute magic. The build up play for Rom and Ossie's goals was sublime as well. On to the Cottage on Sunday, usually our bogey ground but three points there and another Arsenal slip up against City will set up nicely for the Gunner's visit next weekend

Dont think the Cottage as been too bad in recent seasons so going there with a bit more optimism then we used to

March 26, 2014, 03:43:44 PM
Reply #481

On Timmy Cahills Head

I thought the fact that we did not dominate possession in there half played to our advantage as it allowed us to break quickly with pace and use the space more effectively. When we camp in the oppositions half we dont have the space to create which hinders our progress. Dont like to admit it but we played like the [Poor language removed] at times last night and sat deeper and then broke with pace and intent which allowed our flair players the space they need.

March 26, 2014, 03:50:39 PM
Reply #482

Shogun

Administrator
I thought the fact that we did not dominate possession in there half played to our advantage as it allowed us to break quickly with pace and use the space more effectively. When we camp in the oppositions half we dont have the space to create which hinders our progress. Dont like to admit it but we played like the [Poor language removed] at times last night and sat deeper and then broke with pace and intent which allowed our flair players the space they need.

We played like [poor language removed]?

Hopefully that is Martinez having learnt a message conceding possession on the road, don't want anymore defeats like Anfield again.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 26, 2014, 03:53:02 PM
Reply #483

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Poor language removed?

March 26, 2014, 03:53:16 PM
Reply #484

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
45% possession last night and 41% on Saturday but maxiumum points returned. Hopefully Roberto has found that slight tweak to his tactics which can help push us forward
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 26, 2014, 04:16:05 PM
Reply #485

On Timmy Cahills Head

Poor language removed?

The "poor language removed" was me referring to the sh*te

March 26, 2014, 04:31:39 PM
Reply #486

School of Science

45% possession last night and 41% on Saturday but maxiumum points returned. Hopefully Roberto has found that slight tweak to his tactics which can help push us forward

Agree hope we continue to mix it up a bit, we now have the pace to absolutely terrify the opposition..Phenominal, goes off to polish brown shoes  ;D
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 26, 2014, 04:45:41 PM
Reply #487

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree hope we continue to mix it up a bit, we now have the pace to absolutely terrify the opposition..Phenominal, goes off to polish brown shoes  ;D

This way suits Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu and Mirallas much more than the slow build up approach.

March 26, 2014, 05:52:29 PM
Reply #488

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Let's hope so. It seems to me it's the same tweak Liverpool have been using to devastating effect.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 26, 2014, 07:21:16 PM
Reply #489

goodtouchforabigman

This way suits Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu and Mirallas much more than the slow build up approach.
Agree mate. We looked like we could score every time we broke forward last night whereas sometimes at Goodison it looks like we won't score if we play all night. Newcastle helped as they had a real go at us which allowed us to play on the counter, against the lower teams at home this will be very tough to do as they all sit deep and try and hit us on the break.

I thought we we're pretty lucky against Swansea as they looked like they could get through us almost at will. Against the Geordie's last night we looked much more solid after the early scares.

March 26, 2014, 07:41:09 PM
Reply #490

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree mate. We looked like we could score every time we broke forward last night whereas sometimes at Goodison it looks like we won't score if we play all night. Newcastle helped as they had a real go at us which allowed us to play on the counter, against the lower teams at home this will be very tough to do as they all sit deep and try and hit us on the break.

I thought we we're pretty lucky against Swansea as they looked like they could get through us almost at will. Against the Geordie's last night we looked much more solid after the early scares.

Without going on about "them" too much, their form this year has shown that you can play this way even against teams that aren't as open.

It might involve sacrificing possession or territory to a certain degree.

But I'd say fundamentally it's about knowing what you're going to do as soon as you recover possession and being aware of, and willing to take on, aggressive passes that can open the play.

March 26, 2014, 09:19:54 PM
Reply #491

bluegrant

listened to game on radio in work what a super effort from all, rm much have a magic wand.
I would love to know how he gets the team to respond like last night what a guy. :hail: to the boss and team  :woohoo: