0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
19 (45.2%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton  (Read 27695 times)

March 28, 2014, 09:22:59 AM
Read 27695 times

Shogun

Administrator

Fulham v Everton
Craven Cottage
Sunday 30th March 13:30
Premier League Match 31

Fulham's last 5 domestic results:

West Brom 1-1 Fulham (Dejagah)
Fulham 1-3 Chelsea (Heitinga)
Cardiff 3-1 Fulham (Holtby)
Fulham 1-0 Newcastle (Dejagah)
Fulham 0-5 Manchester City

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 1-0 West Ham (Lukaku)
Arsenal 4-1 Everton - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Cardiff (Deulofeu, Coleman)
Everton 3-2 Swansea (Baines Pen, Lukaku, Barkley)
Newcastle 0-3 Everton (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)

Fulham

Fulham recorded their third loss in five matches under Felix Magath after being thrashed 5-0 by a ruthless Manchester City at the Ethiad. This is the first time Fulham have failed to score since the new manager replaced Rene Meulensteen and have now conceded twelve goals in five matches, scoring four times. Fulham will be looking to back up their 1-0 win over Newcastle from their last home game when they take on Everton but the Cottagers haven't won back to back league games at home for almost a year, since they backed up a 1-0 win over Stoke with a 3-2 win over Queens Park Rangers on 1st April 2013.

Fulham's single goal win over Newcastle at Craven Cottage is their first win against the current top nine Premier League teams this season. Their only other point came in a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford. However their 5-0 thrashing to Manchester City at the weekend took their goal difference tally to over the negative 30 mark. After this match, the only fixture remaining against a top nine team for Fulham is Tottenham away from home.

Possible Line-ups

Everton

Everton won their first away game of 2014 and their fifth of the season as they demolished Newcastle 3-0 at St James' Park exceeding last season's tally of four away wins in the Premier League. Everton have now won four league matches in a row for the first time since January 2006 and Everton haven't won five in a row since November 2002 after Everton won 1-0 in all five matches.

Unlike Fulham who had a man sent off last weekend against Manchester City, Everton have gone 12 matches since their last and only red card of the season, Tim Howard against Sunderland. It's also been 25 matches since the only other red card in an Everton match this season when Mark Noble saw red in the 3-2 win over West Ham. Incredibly Liverpool haven't seen a sending off to their own player since Jonjo Shelvey's dismissal at home to Manchester United 18 months ago in a 2-1 loss. The two North London clubs are the only sides not to see an opposition player sent off this season.

Stats and Injuries

Fulham: Record signing Kostas Mitroglou and Scott Parker are both set to return from fitness but Dan Burn, Damien Duff and Ashkan Dejagah are all likely to miss out through injury and Fernando Amorebieta is suspended.

Everton: Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game whilst Phil Jagielka could return, though Steven Pienaar isn't expected to return for another couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:41:28 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 28, 2014, 01:33:15 PM
Reply #1

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The Swansea result was 3-2. Otherwise great work as always!

Fulham will make this really tough. Hopefully our quality shines through and we get the job done. I expect a few changes after midweek to freshen things up. Mirallas back in possibly

Expecting a win, and that is dangerous!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 28, 2014, 02:03:39 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine Steve sidwell being your leading scorer.

Simply simply lovely

March 28, 2014, 02:42:12 PM
Reply #3

ally2

Imagine Steve sidwell being your leading scorer.

< shudder >

March 28, 2014, 02:44:26 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

The pace of Johnny Heitinga could be the decisive factor.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 28, 2014, 03:01:38 PM
Reply #5

TSGun

The fact he's probably playing is the one fear I have with this game.

We should win (despite the away fixture). Man for man we're better in every aspect. Patience will be really important, but I love the way we countered against Newcastle. If we maintain that performance, in a really important game, I think 3-1 Everton isn't unrealistic.

March 28, 2014, 03:07:54 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I cant see Fulham trying to attack as much as Newcastle so we may see a tweak in tactics from that game

Simply simply lovely

March 28, 2014, 03:33:14 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting the lineup Shogun has posted. Think this is going to be much tougher than many expect.

March 28, 2014, 03:37:29 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting the lineup Shogun has posted. Think this is going to be much tougher than many expect.
Yeah me too he seems to rotate the wide men regularly

Simply simply lovely

March 28, 2014, 03:38:22 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah me too he seems to rotate the wide men regularly

Which makes sense long term as they are most likely to get tired.

March 28, 2014, 03:45:40 PM
Reply #10

The Good Citizen

I'd like to see Deulofeu remain in the side, 8 games to go in his loan, mom in the last game looking fully fit again... I also think in away games on tight pitches he has the ability to unlock a defence and make something happen.  McGeady and Mirallas I'm still happy with though, so many wide options this season.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

March 28, 2014, 03:45:52 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Massive game like all of them from now. Think we have enough to win, going for 3-1 here.
I have to return some videotapes.

March 28, 2014, 04:41:46 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Shame we have Kone still out injured.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 28, 2014, 05:15:42 PM
Reply #13

Fellainis Hairdresser

Fulham are shite, but we usually lower our performance against shite.

however I think we'll do the job, 3-1 blues

howard
coleman distin stones baines
McCarthy barry
mcgeady barkley mirallas
lukaku
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 28, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
Reply #14

Snipellis11

Massive game this, come on blues.