40 (52.6%)
Barkley (Sub)
4 (5.3%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 36656 times)

March 31, 2014, 10:22:31 PM
Reply #15

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Incredible that we find ourselves in this position and fair play to Roberto and the players for making it happen

If ever there was a game to prove that we don't bottle it anymore its this. If we are to get into next seasons champions league then we really really really really really really really really really really need to win this one

Anything else and were hoping arsenal lose at least 2 of their games against some really mediocre position, whereas we still have 4 out of 6 games against teams fighting for either their lives, a Europa league spot or the league title
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 31, 2014, 10:31:32 PM
Reply #16

Tony Clifton

There is absolutely nothing to scare us in that Arsenal team. They did well in the second half against City, and I imagine they will look to set up in a similar way knowing that a draw is a good result for them, but I really think we'll win this game.

Our record against them is enough to scare me! 

I think they'll be up for the fight now, especially after their 2nd half against City.  Let's hope they're the ones bringing the knives into this gun fight. ;)

April 01, 2014, 12:12:04 AM
Reply #17

bacon sarnie

Shit or get off the pot time again. Be a tight squeeze but all will come out right in the end. Arsenal look a bit wiped.

April 01, 2014, 12:13:12 AM
Reply #18

velimski

Wouldn't surprise me if we won this game but still finished behind Arsenal. Obviously I willl be going absolutely mental should we win though!

April 01, 2014, 01:09:49 AM
Reply #19

jongre123

I think we'll shock everyone this weekend, we haven't played great recently but this is the match I reckon we will revert back to some of the great football we saw earlier in the season. 3-0

April 01, 2014, 01:40:07 AM
Reply #20

ally2

Wish Monreal was playing. He's shite.

April 01, 2014, 01:43:34 AM
Reply #21

Simon Paul

Administrator
We're going to bladder these everywhere

To be honest though, to be where we are - better off at this stage than we ever have been in the Premier League - in a "season of transition" only bodes well for the future

the future's bright, the future's Roberto Martinez

April 01, 2014, 01:45:15 AM
Reply #22

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I recon we will win this, they are bigger bottlers than us even!!
I have to return some videotapes.

April 01, 2014, 01:57:39 AM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
They've not bottled reaching the top 4 in quite a while (well zero times in Wenger era) so I think that underlines the magnitude of our task here. I don't think it's a case of them bottling it though, I think it has to be us having to take it. We have to be the ones to step up ourselves and play how we know we can.

Can we go toe to toe with the best teams? Yes.

Can we do it when it counts...? That is the question.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:08:48 AM by blueToffee »

April 01, 2014, 02:25:06 AM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I mean they bottle the league and cup competitions every time.
I have to return some videotapes.

April 01, 2014, 02:35:32 AM
Reply #25

coloradoblue

We need to create one hell of a GP atmosphere for this one fellas......COYB !,

April 01, 2014, 03:48:22 AM
Reply #26

dangermouse

Come on Everton..... these are shite...
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

April 01, 2014, 03:50:23 AM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

I hope they are overconfident from the cup thrashing they dealt us.  Seems like a million years ago...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 01, 2014, 05:03:13 AM
Reply #28

TSGun

Couldn't be more excited about this fixture and the position we find ourselves in. As already mentioned, it's beyond the wildest dreams considering the changes in the off season.

We can certainly get a good result if the belief is maintained. Arsenal are quality and our record against them is rubbish but 'change' has been the word of the season for us...so why not continue that line of thought into this encounter.

I can see a very tense first half before most of the goals come in the second (and there may be quite a few). If we keep our nerve then it's not ridiculous to see us coming out victors. The time just seems right.

By the way, if I was one of our midfielders I'd be getting in the ear of the ol' boy Arteta all game. There's every chance he'll lose it.

April 01, 2014, 05:13:50 AM
Reply #29

Bluedylan

Our record against them is enough to scare me! 

I think they'll be up for the fight now, especially after their 2nd half against City.  Let's hope they're the ones bringing the knives into this gun fight. ;)

I hear what you're saying, but there aren't too many players in their current starting lineup that I would put in our team. Obviously you might have people like Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott etc, but they're not there.

The other thing that gives me great confidence is that other than maybe Gibbs at fullback, they've got no pace whatsoever in the team and they let you play. At our place, I'm convinced we'll dominate the players they have available at the moment. I'm glad we've got a week to prepare for the game as well, rather than it being a midweek thing. I genuinely think we'll smash them 3-0.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:14:12 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.