0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mcgeady (Sub)
0 (0%)
Thank fuck for that
18 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Sunderland v Everton  (Read 29440 times)

April 08, 2014, 05:42:21 PM
Reply #30

Paddockoldie

A potential banana skin game this.. I thought we'd murder these at Goodison and yet they beat us with a sucker punch... I think we'll beat them but we need to steam them early and get a goal..... then we can rout them.

April 08, 2014, 05:49:39 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

Tough game this and make no mistake, their players will wanna bounce back after last nights humiliation, back to basics and win ugly,  a scrappy 0-1 win would do for me

April 08, 2014, 06:02:22 PM
Reply #32

Ross

Without sounding all Ron Manager there's no easy games in the premiership. Their form may well be terrible and their league position perilless but the only way for them to stand a chance of staying up is getting at least 2 wins in April, and considering they've got back to back away fixtures against City and Chelsea next up they'll have this down as a must win game.

We'll have to be at our best again to get the 3 points and the pressure is on us as much as them. We can't afford to let them get a good start and get the crowd behind them otherwise it will be a real slog, any early goal would obviously be ideal.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 08, 2014, 06:06:44 PM
Reply #33

The Good Citizen

Without sounding all Ron Manager there's no easy games in the premiership. Their form may well be terrible and their league position perilless but the only way for them to stand a chance of staying up is getting at least 2 wins in April, and considering they've got back to back away fixtures against City and Chelsea next up they'll have this down as a must win game.

We'll have to be at our best again to get the 3 points and the pressure is on us as much as them. We can't afford to let them get a good start and get the crowd behind them otherwise it will be a real slog, any early goal would obviously be ideal.

Agreed, always uncomfortable seeing anyone suggest an away game in the prem will be easy. Sunderland don't pose half the technical challenge Arsenal did but they will be more mobile and in our face and we have to match that, win the 50/50's and earn the right to play. Away games are a scrap early doors, especially at this stage of the season, I hope the team know whats required and we don't have a slow start, its uphill if that happens.

I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

April 08, 2014, 06:21:42 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope their keeper gets sent off early on.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 08, 2014, 06:32:23 PM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
3 or 4 - 1 here I think.
I have to return some videotapes.

April 08, 2014, 06:33:27 PM
Reply #36

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Hope their keeper gets sent off early on.

Me too just so he doesnt have a worldy against us again

April 08, 2014, 07:12:00 PM
Reply #37

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I'd sell my nan for 3 points here

How much?  Need someone to scrub floors and make the beds.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

April 08, 2014, 07:54:25 PM
Reply #38

Glory

This was a banker last time we played them...

*Keep thinking happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:01:38 PM by Glory »

April 08, 2014, 09:03:37 PM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

The position they are in then surely they will have to go for a win which should allow us space in behind them.  Its when teams like this just sit back and defend we tend to struggle but hopefully they realise a draw is no good for them in their position

THAT is the best piece of news I've read - ie, they can't sit back and play for a draw.  I like our chances in an open game, especially since we owe these from December.

But if they score first, then park the bus like they did at Goodison...(albeit we are almost certainly not trying to come back with 10 men again).

Three points any way, shape, or form - plus NO YELLOW for Barry, is all I ask the football gods for.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 08, 2014, 09:23:58 PM
Reply #40

blob

the way we've been playing suggests that we should marmalise them, but how often have we thought that in the past, after a good display...

nail-biting odd goal win.

April 08, 2014, 09:40:57 PM
Reply #41

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
THAT is the best piece of news I've read - ie, they can't sit back and play for a draw.  I like our chances in an open game, especially since we owe these from December.

But if they score first, then park the bus like they did at Goodison...(albeit we are almost certainly not trying to come back with 10 men again).

Three points any way, shape, or form - plus NO YELLOW for Barry, is all I ask the football gods for.

Well thats just jinxed it......
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 08, 2014, 10:24:33 PM
Reply #42

blue slug

When you look at the form of both teams you would have us nailed on for a win but like samwise says no games are easy. I expected to beat these 2 or 3 nil in december at home and look what happened there

April 08, 2014, 10:26:44 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Could do with us scoring 3 early goals then taking Barry off

Simply simply lovely

April 08, 2014, 10:29:50 PM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Just because a team has to win doesn't mean that they'll be making it a dead open game from the kick-off.

I think it's more likely that they'd try and stay in the game and nick one either on the counter attack or from a set piece (think they've got over 40% of their goals from set pieces).