November 18, 2017, 05:19:46 AM

Author Topic: World Cup 2014  (Read 185351 times)

April 14, 2014, 03:25:06 AM
Read 185351 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
All in here ladies and gents

It's getting closer, it must be, as I got my Panini sticker album today (first one in over 20 years!) although I may very well give that to my nephew

So, who do we think will win it?

April 14, 2014, 03:37:55 AM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

We got Analog junior one, 50p a pack of stickers, bastards!!

You got any swaps??

Going for Italy myself, Belgium as a dark horse.

April 14, 2014, 03:40:19 AM
Reply #2

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber

You got any swaps??

Shit man I remember when it was 6p per pack for my Premier League 94/95 book.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

April 14, 2014, 03:48:09 AM
Reply #3

Simon Paul

Administrator

You got any swaps??

and the stickers are well smaller aren't they?

and they don't have any info about the player on them either

I'm pretty sure almost everything I knew about the world outside the UK before I was 14 came from sticker albums for the World Cup, so wanted to let my nephew have that experience too.  There's barely anything in this!

April 14, 2014, 03:57:49 AM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

I remember having the World Cup '82 book.

My first, and favourite, World Cup.

April 14, 2014, 04:01:36 AM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Spain at 6-1 seems like a very good bet to me.

April 14, 2014, 04:16:11 AM
Reply #6

hill135

Me and some mates did a sweepstakes. There isn't 32 of us so we divided the teams between us. Not an ideal way to do it but in my group I've got Brazil and Spain. Feeling confident that those winnings have my name on them.

My favourites would be Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Italy. Think Germany will let a lot of people down.

April 14, 2014, 04:30:24 AM
Reply #7

dangermouse

Started my panini sticker album yesterday. .. going to give it a few weeks n then just buy the remaining ticketd... cant be assed collecting doubles. ...
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

April 14, 2014, 06:09:28 AM
Reply #8

BrotherEstapol

Won't be Australia that's for sure...can't see the Dutch or Spanish not getting out of the group stage.

Most interested in seeing how Belgium go though. Wondering they'll get their shit together.

April 14, 2014, 06:12:14 AM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Argentina will win it.

April 14, 2014, 06:31:42 AM
Reply #10

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Really hope England do well. Not sure why but want then to win it. I really think they can if Roy can embrace attacking football.

Would also be wonderful for Gerrard to win the EPL and World Cup in the same year before he does of a lethal injection of moose piss
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 14, 2014, 07:02:15 AM
Reply #11

Thornton_19

Think Argentina will win it, all great players seem to have 'That World Cup' and i think this one will be Messi's world cup.

In January I'm sure the Italy coach said he was considering asking Totti out of retirement, Totti plus Balotelli up top is just goals goals goals so along with Belgium they're my dark horse for the tournament.

I honestly don't think England will do well this year, they will blame the heat and the long tough Premier League season and say winter break a few times before we all realise that we are a team of hype and nothing more.

April 14, 2014, 07:42:14 AM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
What would be well for England?

I think getting out the group would be an achievement. Fancy Italy to top the group, don't think Uruguay are that good myself but have the advantage of being South American.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:42:41 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 14, 2014, 10:16:37 AM
Reply #13

Thornton_19

What would be well for England?

I think getting out the group would be an achievement. Fancy Italy to top the group, don't think Uruguay are that good myself but have the advantage of being South American.

Its a tough question because Quarter Finals should always be the minimum requirement, but i just think this generation of players are really average. I think England will get out the group but it will not be convincing.

April 14, 2014, 05:23:27 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, England in the past have had what looks like a good team on paper, yet never did anything.

This team looks awful, but because of that, the sum of the parts might be greater than the sum of the parts. Or whatever that saying is.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney