October 24, 2018, 09:45:46 AM

Author Topic: World Cup 2014  (Read 222169 times)

April 14, 2014, 05:23:27 PM
Read 222169 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, England in the past have had what looks like a good team on paper, yet never did anything.

This team looks awful, but because of that, the sum of the parts might be greater than the sum of the parts. Or whatever that saying is.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 22, 2014, 05:25:22 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just found out I have to be at a wedding during the England Italy game. And it's an American wedding, so no one else there will understand just how outrageous it is that I have to be there.

Absolutely fuckin gutted.

Where do you live in the States?

I had to go to a wedding in 1990. England and Italy were playing that day. England lost 2-1 in the 3rd 4th place play off. That was in England too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

May 22, 2014, 06:50:36 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Exactly. I love early morning kick offs.

My missus was in DC today with her daughter on a school field trip.

May 22, 2014, 10:12:05 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
About 3 hours. South Jersey.

May 28, 2014, 10:51:09 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Smalling must be shocking at distribution.

May 31, 2014, 05:04:45 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Since 1998 I have been within 2 hours time zone difference of every finals. France, Japan, Germany and South Africa.

June 02, 2014, 04:34:03 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

June 05, 2014, 02:00:46 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Chamberlain playing on the right?

June 05, 2014, 03:06:35 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is David Gower the manager of Ecuador?

June 06, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Go Honduras!

Btw is there an England world cup song this year?

June 08, 2014, 05:14:24 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Go Honduras. We're gonna win the world cup. Just sit back and watch us!

June 10, 2014, 10:46:35 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Country hopes by venn diagram.

June 12, 2014, 06:10:40 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is the first world cup I've taken an active interest since 06 when France did so well, and the 1990 was the one before that.

My favorite world cup goal is still the one scored by Bergkamp v Argentina in 94. Was it really that long ago?

June 12, 2014, 06:27:43 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, and there was me thinking all these youtube videos had it wrong. Always thought it was in the US world cup and the final score was 3-2 to the Dutch.

June 12, 2014, 08:00:29 AM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I remember bits of 86, but was only getting into football. 90 was the first one I followed properly. What a tournament that was. Best England team in my life that was.