1 (2.5%)
Naismith (Sub) :(
9 (22.5%)
Osman (Sub) :(
0 (0%)
McCarthy (Sub) :(
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 35154 times)

April 14, 2014, 03:40:42 AM
Read 35154 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Crystal Palace
Goodison Park
Wednesday 16th February 19:45
Premier League Match 34

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 3-2 Swansea (Baines Pen, Lukaku, Barkley)
Newcastle 0-3 Everton (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)
Fulham 1-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Naismith)
Everton 3-0 Arsenal (Naismith, Lukaku, O.G)
Sunderland 0-1 Everton (O.G)

Crystal Palace's last 5 domestic results:

Sunderland 0-0 Crystal Palace
Newcastle 1-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea (O.G.)
CArdiff 0-3 Crystal Palace (Puncheon x2, Ledley)
Crystal Palace 1-0 Aston Villa (Puncheon)

Everton

Everton were made to grind out their 7th league win in a row after beating Sunderland 1-0 courtesy of a Wes Brown own goal to record their longest win streak in Premier League history. The win also equalled a Premier League record of 3 Everton away wins in a row. Everton will break another record with a win over Crystal Palace, making it 8 league wins in a row at home, beating the previous record of 7 league wins in March 2010. Everton have scored in each of their last 7 league matches, only rivals Liverpool (24!) are on a better run.

This will be Everton's penultimate game against teams in the bottom half of the table, with Hull City the last of those on the final day of the season. Only Sunderland have managed to beat Everton in 18 matches against sides in the bottom half and the only other team to take points of Everton at Goodison Park are West Brom who managed a 0-0 draw in the first home match of the season.

Possible Line Ups

Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace continued their impressive revival this season under Tony Pulis with a 1-0 win over Aston Villa which seems to have almost secured them of another season in the Premier League. This made it 3 wins in a row for the Eagles as well as 3 clean sheets in a row. However, despite a 3-0 win away to Cardiff, they are the lowest scorers on the road in the Premier League with just 9 goals in 16 matches. Only Chelsea (15), Everton (18), Manchester United & West Ham (19) have conceded less goals than Crystal Palace (21) away from home.

Crystal Palace had 7 points from a possible 36 and sat joint bottom of the table when Tony Pulis was handed the task of keeping them in the Premier League. Since then, only the current top 7 have managed to take more points in matches and Arsenal have only won 1 more match than the Eagles. In this period, only Norwich have scored less goals (16) than Crystal Palace (17), however only Chelsea have conceded less goals (14) than Crystal Palace whom along with Everton have conceded the second least (18).

Stats & Injuries

Everton: Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game whilst Phil Jagielka isn't due to return until the Manchester United match. Steven Pienaar could return.

Crystal Palace: Crystal Palace only have one doubt for the game, Kagisho Dikgacoi who went off with a knock in their last match.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 14, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting a tough game, it'd help immensely if we could find a way to score early.

April 14, 2014, 04:08:12 AM
Reply #2

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting a tough game, it'd help immensely if we could find a way to score early.

This will be like playing the Stoke of four odd years ago. We'll do well to break them down.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

April 14, 2014, 04:24:45 AM
Reply #3

Alanvideo

They are Stoke-lite . If we get an early goal we'll batter them.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 14, 2014, 05:10:00 AM
Reply #4

Gary1878

Pulis sets them up really well and they will hit us on the counter. Expect lots of possession and loads of bodies behind the ball for Palace. An early goal is crucial in this one.

April 14, 2014, 06:41:56 AM
Reply #5

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So they play in the counter and so do we.... Mmm, I see a boring 1-0 win. Honesty tho, try have won 3 in a row, have won 7th. I doubt they can continue their form, I have no doubt we can and at home we are pretty much as good as Liverpool are at Anfield.

6-1 to us. Easy easy win.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 14, 2014, 07:20:15 AM
Reply #6

Thornton_19

If they get in front it will be a shocking game, i think if we score first it will open up and we'll show we are the better side. Think it will be a very tough game.

April 14, 2014, 07:54:52 AM
Reply #7

TSGun

Quite anxious about this game. They've hit some good form and the Stoke references are justified. Perhaps we have a psychological edge, besides the Goodison advantage, in that they may consider themselves safe now and this could lead to a slight drop in intensity.

The early goals are a good shout. Our way and we can win well, their way and it's going to be another hair loss day. Tim Howard may be our most important player in this one.

Pound for pound we're the better team but that doesn't always mean much. With the right mentality, patience and self belief we should win it.

April 14, 2014, 01:46:51 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Important for the crowd to be patient too.

This stage of the season is purely about winning not entertainment.

April 14, 2014, 03:49:22 PM
Reply #9

gemine69

Agree with the general consensus that an early goal is key.  Hopefully, this will allow us to play our football more relaxed which should mean a comfortable win.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

April 14, 2014, 04:02:25 PM
Reply #10

ally2

They will be tough to break down. We will need some tricks I feel to make the difference. For this reason I'd start with McGeady who has really impressed me. I also think we need to threaten to shoot from outside the box so that it draws players out to close down. Barkley and Mirallas are the best for this. Hopefully they can get the job done and be rested to recharge for United allowing Gerard and Osman to come on to offer a different threat plus some control.

April 14, 2014, 04:16:54 PM
Reply #11

Snipellis11

We need to make goodison rock for this, massive game for us, this isen't going to be easy they are on good form, get an early goal ad push on from there.

April 14, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
Reply #12

The Good Citizen

What you wont get against Palace is space or time. Naismith behind Lukaku who I hope continues to make runs to create Naismith a bit of space. They will know doubt play narrow and tuck their full backs in so I'd like to see Mirallas play down the right which gives Coleman more opportunity to get forward, likewise McGeady on the left with Baines. With 2 covering defensive midfielders I think our full backs will have licence to get forward overlap and create a chance or two.

----------------Lukaku-----------------
McGeady------Naismith--------Mirallas
---------Barry----------McCarthy------
Baines----Distin------Stones--Coleman
----------------Howard-----------------
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

April 14, 2014, 04:37:01 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
What you wont get against Palace is space or time. Naismith behind Lukaku who I hope continues to make runs to create Naismith a bit of space. They will know doubt play narrow and tuck their full backs in so I'd like to see Mirallas play down the right which gives Coleman more opportunity to get forward, likewise McGeady on the left with Baines. With 2 covering defensive midfielders I think our full backs will have licence to get forward overlap and create a chance or two.

----------------Lukaku-----------------
McGeady------Naismith--------Mirallas
---------Barry----------McCarthy------
Baines----Distin------Stones--Coleman
----------------Howard-----------------
Yeah id go with this too

Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2014, 06:49:16 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think he might leave Mirallas on the bench again, then bring him on for half an hour.

Although I'm only basing that on the two games prior to the Arsenal game which lead to Mirallas' best performance of the season probably.

For the original game we had a behind the front 3 of McGeady, Osman and Pienaar suggesting he wanted to control the game, knowing that Palace will be deep and organised.

Therefore I could see McGeady, Naismith, Osman.

A lot depends on whether he's going to play Naismith all the time as I can see us lining up against Utd how we finished the Arsenal game.

Although it's very tough to call!