1 (2.5%)
Naismith (Sub) :(
9 (22.5%)
Osman (Sub) :(
0 (0%)
McCarthy (Sub) :(
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 35174 times)

April 16, 2014, 02:16:31 PM
Reply #45

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'm so nervous about this match. It's one of those potential banyan skins. I was ok until I watched the Arse last night. Those who are going make it a cauldron of noise so Palace shit themselves. Think ill go to the gym tonight and just keep my head down rather than watch or listen
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 16, 2014, 02:35:46 PM
Reply #46

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I feel sick :(
I have to return some videotapes.

April 16, 2014, 03:03:45 PM
Reply #47

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Is there a place to park near the taxi drivers club?

April 16, 2014, 03:32:10 PM
Reply #48

Alanvideo

Is there a place to park near the taxi drivers club?
........there used to be an industrial site opposite the Taxi Club ,not sure if it's still available OR the school yard by Walton church. Both are difficult to get out of after.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 16, 2014, 06:49:07 PM
Reply #49

Heisenberg

I've changed my mind, the result isnt the only important thing. We need to better our GD, theres a chance we could win all out games and draw with city (which isnt beyond the realms of possibility) , meaning it would go to GD. So you'd have to say on the palace and hull games, we'd need to win by 2-3 goals. Considering its highly possible with arsenals fixtures they could get some 4/5 nils

April 16, 2014, 06:55:40 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've changed my mind, the result isnt the only important thing. We need to better our GD, theres a chance we could win all out games and draw with city (which isnt beyond the realms of possibility) , meaning it would go to GD. So you'd have to say on the palace and hull games, we'd need to win by 2-3 goals. Considering its highly possible with arsenals fixtures they could get some 4/5 nils

I don't think that you can go out with the idea of having to batter anyone.

That raises the issue that you already expect to win and that it's just a matter of how many. This is always dangerous from a complacency point of view for the players and also an impatience issue from the crowd.

If the game is there to get a heavy score line then we should push for it, obviously, but the first objective has to be to win the game.

April 16, 2014, 07:06:15 PM
Reply #51

sam of the south

Getting a bit of an Oxford '86-Wednesday-end of season-pivotal game feeling   :'(

Fuck it, I'm over it now...

Justice has to prevail after Scudamore's disgraceful but totally unsurprising comment, and the Premier League cartel appointing Agent Clattenburg  to keep us in our place on Sunday.

Let's all get behind the boys till the end, whether we attend the games, or are in our armchairs, or hear another know nothing neutral bellend at work saying how Liverpool winning the league would be 'good for the game' and 'Everton shouldn't be where they are because of all their loans'

Come on you fucking blues!  :cheers:
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 16, 2014, 07:10:32 PM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

I'm quite relaxed about tonight (or maybe I'm trying to convince myself that I'm quite relaxed). As a coping strategy, I'm just telling myself that if we don't beat Palace at home when the pressure is on, we're probably not a CL team anyway, and then EL is more the level we're at.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 16, 2014, 07:12:11 PM
Reply #53

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
A whole lot of ifs

Lets make sure we get 3 points

Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2014, 07:17:17 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Getting a bit of an Oxford '86-Wednesday-end of season-pivotal game feeling   :'(

Fuck it, I'm over it now...

I was worrying that Sunderland were going to be this year's Carlisle (in terms of losing twice to a relegated side that costs us a significant achievement...) but we've busted that one.

On to the next!

April 16, 2014, 07:26:12 PM
Reply #55

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I was worrying that Sunderland were going to be this year's Carlisle (in terms of losing twice to a relegated side that costs us a significant achievement...) but we've busted that one.

On to the next!

I thought the same. Had mixed feelings about the Sunderland game. I'll miss seeing the Palace game as well. Wish it was played yesterday.

And only City can do the double over us this season now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 16, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
Reply #56

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm quite relaxed about tonight (or maybe I'm trying to convince myself that I'm quite relaxed). As a coping strategy, I'm just telling myself that if we don't beat Palace at home when the pressure is on, we're probably not a CL team anyway, and then EL is more the level we're at.

Haha, let the pressure in, it would/will feel great if/when it's relieved!

I've decided to look at it as seeing where we are after each round of fixture.

Having to win another 5 games in a row seems a heavy task; but if we break it down it seems easier. For instance even a draw tonight would see us in 4th with 4 games to go.

April 16, 2014, 07:41:18 PM
Reply #57

Gary1878

its going to be 70% possession to us, and it is all down to Everton and how we use the ball.

We need to play 2 wingers in this one, and would be tempted to start with both Mcgeady and Deloufeu to break them down.

they will sit back and play counter attacking football, which they are very good at doing.

April 16, 2014, 07:52:28 PM
Reply #58

stirlingblue

its going to be 70% possession to us, and it is all down to Everton and how we use the ball.

We need to play 2 wingers in this one, and would be tempted to start with both Mcgeady and Deloufeu to break them down.

they will sit back and play counter attacking football, which they are very good at doing.

Can't see him being much use tonight, they'll be so compact that he won't be able to use his pace.

Best bet I think is to use our 'clever' players who can move about their defence to create gaps.

I'd go:

Howard

Coleman - Stones - Distin - Baines

Barkley - Barry
McGeady     Naismith    Osman     
                  Lukaku               

McCarthy hasn't done anything to deserve dropping but playing two defensive midfielders seems redundant when we knkow palace will sit back and hit us on the break. Maybe play McCarthy over Barry as he can cover more ground when Palace break.

April 16, 2014, 07:54:48 PM
Reply #59

Cozzie

I was thinking this would be an ideal game for McGeady to start.

When this game was postponed earlier on the original team sheet had McGeady starting if I remember rightly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start tonight.