October 17, 2019, 09:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Blatter  (Read 13633 times)

September 08, 2014, 06:05:00 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Guess who's standing for re-election as FIFA President?  ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481

They need to instill a two term maximum system. He's becoming a king, not a president.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 08, 2014, 06:29:32 PM
Reply #46

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
They need to instill a two term maximum system. He's becoming a king, not a president.

They need to nuke the whole organisation, ban everyone involved in any capacity in it from football for life, stop the practice of forcing tax exemptions on host countries, choose hosts of World Cups at random from a pool of suitable candidates (that is, candidates verified by independent feasibility studies), they need to be stripped of all their disciplinary and rule setting functions and so on.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 08, 2014, 06:55:41 PM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They need to nuke the whole organisation, ban everyone involved in any capacity in it from football for life, stop the practice of forcing tax exemptions on host countries, choose hosts of World Cups at random from a pool of suitable candidates (that is, candidates verified by independent feasibility studies), they need to be stripped of all their disciplinary and rule setting functions and so on.

This too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 08, 2014, 07:37:34 PM
Reply #48

MmmblueBernard

Guess who's standing for re-election as FIFA President?  ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29109481

Possibly unopposed as Platini has stood down.

This means that Blatter boxed him in and threatened to out his corruption.

"I was not surprised because in private conversations I have had with Michel Platini before, during and after the World Cup he has confirmed he would not be a candidate," said Blatter, who has been Fifa president since 1998.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 08, 2014, 11:27:07 PM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I was just watching the movie "The Untouchables" last night too...some definite parallels.

September 09, 2014, 12:02:21 AM
Reply #50

macko

Agreed.Rip it up and start again.They need a multi-person panel,not one all powerful individual.The president should be no more than a figurehead.
We shall not be moved!

September 17, 2014, 07:23:04 AM
Reply #51

Alfie Noakes

:clap:

King or dictator?

September 17, 2014, 07:29:16 AM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
:clap:

King or dictator?

Sometimes, there's no difference.

September 22, 2014, 07:12:52 PM
Reply #53

Toddacelli

I would absolutely love that job.

Now I'm not saying my multi-national administrative qualities are up to it but really - could I be any worse than that tit?

I know what my failings are and so I would appoint people to advise and then act on their advice - NOT just listen to the sound of my own voice echoing around inside my empty head.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 25, 2014, 05:43:56 AM
Reply #54

Alfie Noakes

I would absolutely love that job.

Now I'm not saying my multi-national administrative qualities are up to it but really - could I be any worse than that tit?

I know what my failings are and so I would appoint people to advise and then act on their advice - NOT just listen to the sound of my own voice echoing around inside my empty head.

You might get an expensive watch too.

September 25, 2014, 07:26:11 PM
Reply #55

Toddacelli

Wouldn't be giving it back either!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 25, 2014, 11:51:34 PM
Reply #56

macko

Wouldn't be giving it back either!
Don't you think by giving them back people are making it look like they've got guilty consciences over why they were given them?
We shall not be moved!

September 26, 2014, 12:17:44 AM
Reply #57

ally2

Don't you think by giving them back people are making it look like they've got guilty consciences over why they were given them?

That's the second reason I would give for not handing them back. The first being that they were a gift. Certain companies/organisations eg NHS will have a policy against the receipt of such items (or money!) but if there isn't one then why should they hand them back?

September 26, 2014, 12:33:07 AM
Reply #58

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
That's the second reason I would give for not handing them back. The first being that they were a gift. Certain companies/organisations eg NHS will have a policy against the receipt of such items (or money!) but if there isn't one then why should they hand them back?

The trouble is that there is such a policy in FIFA too. They just don't follow their own rules. (In other news, bears have been found to defecate in wooded areas.)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 26, 2014, 12:36:35 AM
Reply #59

ally2

The trouble is that there is such a policy in FIFA too. They just don't follow their own rules. (In other news, bears have been found to defecate in wooded areas.)

Oh haha. I'm shocked to hear that they have a rule to be honest but like you say - it means nothing to an organisation that does as it pleases regardless.