October 16, 2019, 12:35:14 PM

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 12797 times)

October 10, 2014, 04:13:43 PM
Reply #15

MmmblueBernard

He shouldnt be allowed to play again. Hes ruined that poor womans life so why should his life only be ruined for two and a half years or however long he's served in the clink.

Chop his bastard balls off as well.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 10, 2014, 04:50:59 PM
Reply #16

ally2

I'm more sympathetic. He maintains his innocence. Of course it's an awful offence but it must equally awful to be found guilty of such an offence is he wasn't actually guilty. Anyway it doesn't make sense to continually punish him if he's done his time. Football fans will not be kind it's fair to say.

October 10, 2014, 05:07:52 PM
Reply #17

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I would just hope no one employs him, and i would lose any respect for the club that does employ him. Because somebody will and i hope they dont have daughters.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 11, 2014, 04:26:17 PM
Reply #18

stirlingblue

It's a bit of a strange one because aren't there rules about sexual and offences and jobs involving children? At least I'm assuming that's the reason you can't be a teacher afterwards. Will whatever team employs him have to stop having mascots/ball boys at their games?

As for the time spent in jail, that's nothing to do with football and there is nothing that football can do about it. Rather than lobbying on football to send a strong message shouldn't they be looking for political/legal change?

October 12, 2014, 03:29:51 PM
Reply #19

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately a precedent was set with Lee Hughes and Marlon King - they have the right to work and a club will have the right to employ them.

However if I found out that Everton had offered Evans, King, Hughes or even Collymore contracts after what they had been convicted of doing, I genuinely think a part of me would die.

As a side note, I thought Bob's analogy of getting their name on the back of your shirt was a lovely way of summing up why your club shouldn't offer him a contract.

October 12, 2014, 04:03:47 PM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 12, 2014, 09:04:17 PM
Reply #21

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Vamos lá Everton!

October 12, 2014, 09:30:36 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Most are driving...what is it with footballs and drink driving!?
Think they're above the law and too tight to pay for a taxi
Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2014, 12:26:22 AM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Vamos lá Everton!

October 16, 2014, 10:21:24 PM
Reply #24

Paddockoldie

I would just hope no one employs him, and i would lose any respect for the club that does employ him. Because somebody will and i hope they dont have daughters.

There's quite a few DJ jobs going if football kicks him out.

October 17, 2014, 12:51:49 AM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Discuss.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 17, 2014, 12:53:46 AM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

It's a fucking stupid name.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 17, 2014, 03:19:56 AM
Reply #27

ally2

He should have another chance but if I were in charge, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

I also don't understand what happened with his contract. Did that expire?  Or was it suspended whilst he was inside?  Is he still a Sheffield United player or do they just have first refusal on him?  Do they have the right to sack him?  And could he sue them if they do?

October 17, 2014, 03:22:53 AM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He should have another chance but if I were in charge, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

I also don't understand what happened with his contract. Did that expire?  Or was it suspended whilst he was inside?  Is he still a Sheffield United player or do they just have first refusal on him?  Do they have the right to sack him?  And could he sue them if they do?
They could have sacked him but never, His contract ran out in 2012

Lets face it, some one is gonna sign him. The lad scores goals at a decent level so will someone somewhere will think fuck it lets give it a go. Goals mean points, points mean climb up the league, climb up the league brings fans and its all about the money
Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2014, 03:27:26 AM
Reply #29

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
If he scores a bucketload for whichever club picks him up would it kick off if he was re-called by Wales?