October 22, 2019, 06:36:47 PM

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 12828 times)

October 17, 2014, 03:27:50 AM
Reply #30

ally2

The extra problem though is that it could be managed quite well through the media by him saying how disgusted with himself he is, and how sorry he is, how grateful for a second chance etc. and this would gain him something. But he still proclaims innocence. That could be because he is. But if he really did do what he was imprisoned for then how can he grovel if he says he didn't do it?

October 17, 2014, 03:33:17 AM
Reply #31

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
He should have another chance but if I were in charge, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

I also don't understand what happened with his contract. Did that expire?  Or was it suspended whilst he was inside?  Is he still a Sheffield United player or do they just have first refusal on him?  Do they have the right to sack him?  And could he sue them if they do?

His contract was ripped up the moment he was convicted. Gross misconduct.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 17, 2014, 03:34:21 AM
Reply #32

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
They could have sacked him but never, His contract ran out in 2012

Lets face it, some one is gonna sign him. The lad scores goals at a decent level so will someone somewhere will think fuck it lets give it a go. Goals mean points, points mean climb up the league, climb up the league brings fans and its all about the money

Fuck, did they really? Bloody hell.

October 17, 2014, 03:35:22 AM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Nope

"Evans, who Sheffield United signed for £3m in 2009, was not sacked by the club when he was sent to prison - but they allowed his contract to expire in June 2012"
Simply simply lovely

October 17, 2014, 03:35:52 AM
Reply #34

ally2

Right. So why is all the focus on Sheffield United then?  They have as much say in his future as any other team don't they?  i.e no more than anyone else.

October 17, 2014, 03:37:18 AM
Reply #35

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Right. So why is all the focus on Sheffield United then?  They have as much say in his future as any other team don't they?  i.e no more than anyone else.

I think they might have already had talks with him.

October 17, 2014, 11:20:11 PM
Reply #36

Optimistic Blue

The extra problem though is that it could be managed quite well through the media by him saying how disgusted with himself he is, and how sorry he is, how grateful for a second chance etc. and this would gain him something. But he still proclaims innocence. That could be because he is. But if he really did do what he was imprisoned for then how can he grovel if he says he didn't do it?

This is exactly what he should be doing, i mean look at Micheal Vick, American football player who was arrested for running and illegal dog fighting ring. Since then he has apologised on many occasions spoken on behalf of the humane soceity, been active in promoting animal welfare, lobbying for harsher punishments for animal fighting as well as speaking to middle school kids about the dangers of animal fighting. Whether that forgives what he did is up to you but i dont really know what else i could reasonably ask of him.

Evans could do something similar, even if he was completely innocent in his mind, he is going to have this reputation regardless. Alternatively he could join Liverpool where he will be defended to the death
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

October 18, 2014, 04:19:28 AM
Reply #37

74Blue

Alternatively he could join Liverpool where he will be defended to the death
Would you really allow a convicted rapist to be surrounded by cunts?

October 18, 2014, 04:35:57 AM
Reply #38

ally2

I can imagine the T-shirts being made already.

What sort of name is 'Ched' anyway?  The two words it immediately makes me think of are 'Shed' and 'Cheddar'.

October 23, 2014, 12:22:36 AM
Reply #39

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 23, 2014, 12:53:10 AM
Reply #40

ally2

October 24, 2014, 06:48:36 PM
Reply #41

MmmblueBernard

What sort of name is 'Ched' anyway?  The two words it immediately makes me think of are 'Shed' and 'Cheddar'.

Think its short for Wretched......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 11, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
Reply #42

toffee_scot

So now Evans is training at Sheff Utd.

Not sure the club is listening to the public.

November 11, 2014, 07:49:44 PM
Reply #43

Sprooly

This is exactly what he should be doing, i mean look at Micheal Vick, American football player who was arrested for running and illegal dog fighting ring. Since then he has apologised on many occasions spoken on behalf of the humane soceity, been active in promoting animal welfare, lobbying for harsher punishments for animal fighting as well as speaking to middle school kids about the dangers of animal fighting. Whether that forgives what he did is up to you but i dont really know what else i could reasonably ask of him.

Evans could do something similar, even if he was completely innocent in his mind, he is going to have this reputation regardless. Alternatively he could join Liverpool where he will be defended to the death

If you truly believe you are innocent of something you would continue to claim your innocence until the day you die

On Ched Evans, I have done a little bit of reading into the case (solid procrastination from my exam study) and its not as black and white as I thought, considering the 150,000 people signing a petition to stop him from playing for Sheff United. The other bloke got off though which was odd, shouldn't he have been found guilty of aiding or abetting or something?

On the whole "Evans playing for the club you support" I reckon  (and you would be surprised by) the fair few fans if he signed for Everton would look up the case in some depth and then try to argue why he may be innocent,  I say that as an Aussie that supporters Essendon in AFL (potentially committed systematic cheating with performance enhancing drugs with 34 players out of 44) where fans I see will twist and twist evidence to get what they (well i want us to be innocent so we) want... I am not comparing the crimes or anything, just the fan logic could follow similar paths

November 12, 2014, 02:16:47 AM
Reply #44

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Reading some comments on the article and seen this, makes me sick.

"She asked to be raped by the sound of it if you get drunk your entitling a prick to rape you"
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!