October 14, 2019, 03:35:56 PM

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 12791 times)

November 12, 2014, 02:28:19 AM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

Reading some comments on the article and seen this, makes me sick.

"She asked to be raped by the sound of it if you get drunk your entitling a prick to rape you"

It's fucking horrible isn't it? The worst thing is that, in my experience at least, it's a fairly commonly held view, I'd say more so amongst older people (''she was asking for it'').

This isn't quite the same, because they possibly don't realise what they are saying, but my mate was telling me he's seen kids singing ''He does what he wants, Ched Evans, he does what he wants'' (to the tune of Sloop John B) at some of their home games. Fucking twisted.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 12, 2014, 02:30:15 AM
Reply #46

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's fucking horrible isn't it? The worst thing is that, in my experience at least, it's a fairly commonly held view, I'd say more so amongst older people (''she was asking for it'').

This isn't quite the same, because they possibly don't realise what they are saying, but my mate was telling me he's seen kids singing ''He does what he wants, Ched Evans, he does what he wants'' (to the tune of Sloop John B) at some of their home games. Fucking twisted.

In no way defending it but its better than he rapes who he wants cos lets face it, some bellends prob thinking its an hilarious song choice
Simply simply lovely

November 12, 2014, 02:38:00 AM
Reply #47

Bluedylan

In no way defending it but its better than he rapes who he wants cos lets face it, some bellends prob thinking its an hilarious song choice

Yep, agreed jim. Not much of a stretch to imagine that some little scroat or other has belted than number out at Bramall Lane this season. I'm sure we wouldn't be immune to it, if it was our club.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

November 12, 2014, 02:42:24 AM
Reply #48

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Yep there were probably more comments saying she was asking for it due to having drunk a lot of alcohol. Its fucking horrible.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 12, 2014, 06:49:53 PM
Reply #49

Toddacelli

Yep there were probably more comments saying she was asking for it due to having drunk a lot of alcohol. Its fucking horrible.

I must pre-empt this by saying this "In no way do I condone violence, sexual assault or even the "taking advantage of in any way" of drunken people"

However, because we live in such an imperfect world with such horrible people around, I do think that people who may be vulnerable when drunk - and I particularly mean women here - should consider the dangers of getting so drunk they don't know/can't remember what they are doing and try to take better care of themselves. Drink responsibly, stay in groups, have a designated driver etc.

I would love for anyone to get their kicks how they want as long as they are not hurting anyone else but sometimes people put themselves in harm's way and they have to shoulder a little responsibility for that.

Again - I am in no way saying that anyone is ever "asking for it", I just know that if I had a daughter I would want her to take good care of herself and surround herself with friends who would look out for each other.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 21, 2014, 04:46:08 AM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

On a positive note, Sheff Utd have fucked Ched Evans off. It only took 3 club patrons to resign, one of whom was getting threatened with rape and receiving various racist comments on twitter, the actual victim to be continually harassed for having the temerity to be raped by a footballer, not to mention the fucking disgusting behaviour exhibited by some of their fans at the game (which is admittedly only second hand from a mate who's a Sheffield Utd fan, but has been backed up by other people in the media).

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about football doesn't it?

November 21, 2014, 05:07:42 AM
Reply #51

ally2

Football is certainly going through the mill. I do think there are plenty of double standards though. Many people think Whelan was wrong to appoint Mackay before the full findings of the FA investigations were complete yet Ched Evans gets no second chance even though his case is currently on appeal.

I do not agree with all the Sheffield United patrons and personalities coming out of the woodwork on this. The case is not closed and they know very little about it. It might have crossed their minds that Evans would surely apologise for his actions as an easier way to rebuild his life but he has chosen not to. Why?  Does anyone believe it is because he has no remorse?  Perhaps it's because he knows he is not guilty. I have no idea but no one can imagine how awful it must be to be convicted of such a crime when he believes he is innocent. 

November 21, 2014, 05:17:05 AM
Reply #52

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
It might have crossed their minds that Evans would surely apologise for his actions as an easier way to rebuild his life but he has chosen not to. Why?  Does anyone believe it is because he has no remorse?  Perhaps it's because he knows he is not guilty. I have no idea but no one can imagine how awful it must be to be convicted of such a crime when he believes he is innocent. 

Or perhaps he still doesn't realise that shagging a girl who is in no condition to say yes or no is rape.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 21, 2014, 05:22:25 AM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Football is certainly going through the mill. I do think there are plenty of double standards though. Many people think Whelan was wrong to appoint Mackay before the full findings of the FA investigations were complete yet Ched Evans gets no second chance even though his case is currently on appeal.

I do not agree with all the Sheffield United patrons and personalities coming out of the woodwork on this. The case is not closed and they know very little about it. It might have crossed their minds that Evans would surely apologise for his actions as an easier way to rebuild his life but he has chosen not to. Why?  Does anyone believe it is because he has no remorse?  Perhaps it's because he knows he is not guilty. I have no idea but no one can imagine how awful it must be to be convicted of such a crime when he believes he is innocent. 

I'm fairly sure he's already had one appeal thrown out of court. He's been convicted. He may claim to be innocent, but the best system that we have found to try these cases has found him guilty and the decision was upheld on appeal. Not once has he come out to ask people not to threaten or harass his victim, not once has he asked people to stop abusing and threatening Jessica Ennis, not once has he asked Sheff Utd fans to stop singing chants on the terraces that support rape.

November 21, 2014, 05:31:19 AM
Reply #54

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I'm fairly sure he's already had one appeal thrown out of court. He's been convicted. He may claim to be innocent, but the best system that we have found to try these cases has found him guilty and the decision was upheld on appeal. Not once has he come out to ask people not to threaten or harass his victim, not once has he asked people to stop abusing and threatening Jessica Ennis, not once has he asked Sheff Utd fans to stop singing chants on the terraces that support rape.

And most importantly, not once did he deny having sex with her. He just thinks it's fine.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 21, 2014, 05:38:39 AM
Reply #55

ally2

Or perhaps he still doesn't realise that shagging a girl who is in no condition to say yes or no is rape.

Perhaps I'm playing devil's advocate here (almost literally) but his mate also shagged her before him yet he was not convicted of rape.

November 21, 2014, 05:42:05 AM
Reply #56

ally2

I don't think it is his responsibility to criticise all these morons and set their compass straight. And it would be unwise too to get into any conversation related to his victim. He was convicted, and the appeal failed. But it has gone to another appeal so in my opinion the case is not closed.

November 21, 2014, 05:43:34 AM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Perhaps I'm playing devil's advocate here (almost literally) but his mate also shagged her before him yet he was not convicted of rape.

Maybe she wanted his mate to shag her?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 21, 2014, 05:46:30 AM
Reply #58

ally2

Maybe she wanted his mate to shag her?

Yes maybe. But she was in no fit state etc. etc.

November 21, 2014, 05:53:25 AM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

I don't think it is his responsibility to criticise all these morons and set their compass straight. And it would be unwise too to get into any conversation related to his victim. He was convicted, and the appeal failed. But it has gone to another appeal so in my opinion the case is not closed.

It's not closed, but as the situation stands he is a convicted rapist under the law. Anyway, you've said you're playing devil's advocate.

I do find it odd that we live in a country where only a small percentage of rapes are even reported, and where it was shown recently that 1 in 4 cases that are reported are dismissed by the police without serious consideration and yet lots of people, as their default position, continually seek to understand, and to some extent, defend the position of the person accused of rape.

Of course every situation needs to be looked at individually, and people are accused of rape when they have done absolutely nothing wrong (which must be awful), but I do think our perspective on these things is really skewed in quite a twisted way.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:54:40 AM by Bluedylan »