October 19, 2019, 04:15:24 PM

Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 12816 times)

November 21, 2014, 08:38:06 PM
Reply #60

74Blue

Perhaps I'm playing devil's advocate here (almost literally) but his mate also shagged her before him yet he was not convicted of rape.
Just because your mate has just ploughed some bird, it doesn't give you the right to just assume that she wants another seeing to. Whether she had consensual sex with his mate, or his mate raped her and somehow got away with it doesn't make a lot of difference to his guilt or innocence. If he has had sex with her and it was not consensual, then he is still a rapist, whether his mate did the same deed or not. If you went shoplifting with your mate and got caught, would you be any less guilty if your mate managed to get away? He may well one day prove his innocence. However, as it stands, he is a convicted sex offender, found guilty in a court of law and with a failed appeal already behind him. It doesn't look good for him does it?

November 22, 2014, 05:28:57 AM
Reply #61

ally2

Just because your mate has just ploughed some bird, it doesn't give you the right to just assume that she wants another seeing to. Whether she had consensual sex with his mate, or his mate raped her and somehow got away with it doesn't make a lot of difference to his guilt or innocence. If he has had sex with her and it was not consensual, then he is still a rapist, whether his mate did the same deed or not. If you went shoplifting with your mate and got caught, would you be any less guilty if your mate managed to get away? He may well one day prove his innocence. However, as it stands, he is a convicted sex offender, found guilty in a court of law and with a failed appeal already behind him. It doesn't look good for him does it?

No it doesn't look good. I'm not saying it does. I'm not saying it was unfair. Just that it is currently on appeal so it's not over. The thing with his mate is just odd. Nobody is saying that she was fair game. But she was in no fit state yet his mate wasn't convicted. Doesn't sound right does it?  For such a serious crime, it's quite something to stick to your guns and maintain innocence. He could have admitted guilt, done time and charity stuff, and restarted his career via rehab. But he didn't do that.  Even after all this time.

November 24, 2014, 03:35:46 AM
Reply #62

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
No it doesn't look good. I'm not saying it does. I'm not saying it was unfair. Just that it is currently on appeal so it's not over. The thing with his mate is just odd. Nobody is saying that she was fair game. But she was in no fit state yet his mate wasn't convicted. Doesn't sound right does it?  For such a serious crime, it's quite something to stick to your guns and maintain innocence. He could have admitted guilt, done time and charity stuff, and restarted his career via rehab. But he didn't do that.  Even after all this time.

He admitted having sex with her. It was also proven in court beyond reasonable doubt that she was in no state to give her consent. He tried to appeal but he wasn't granted leave to, as the Court of Appeal didn't find any basis for the appeal to go ahead. So legally he's a convicted rapist and I would find it incredibly difficult to argue with the facts established in the trial. Clearly Evans's legal team found it difficult too, which is why he sacked them and got in a new bunch of loophole-seekers, he can afford them after all.

So the case is currently with the Criminal Cases Review Commission, they need to decide whether a miscarriage of justice had taken place. All I can say is good luck.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 26, 2014, 07:20:49 PM
Reply #63

Toddacelli

What was the time in between the two guys having sex with her?

If she was in no fit state - surely the first guy raped her as well?

I'm not arguing with the law, or defending him, or saying he should not have been convicted of rape - just curious as to what made the first one different?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 26, 2014, 07:27:55 PM
Reply #64

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
What was the time in between the two guys having sex with her?

If she was in no fit state - surely the first guy raped her as well?

I'm not arguing with the law, or defending him, or saying he should not have been convicted of rape - just curious as to what made the first one different?

I haven't seen the full transcript (nor do I wish to read through it) but I'm guessing what made the difference was that the first guy met her in the street, they had a chat, got into a taxi, got to the hotel, then had sex. So the jury might have thought that the first guy may have had reasonable grounds to believe that she wasn't so pissed that she had no idea what she was doing. Or at least they couldn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that he couldn't have thought that.

But our Ched just turned up in the room, asked if he could shag her as well, then ploughed in straight away.

P.s.: Just to clarify, the facts aren't my guesswork, just the bit about what might have swung the jury one way for one and another for the other.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:32:19 PM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

November 26, 2014, 07:33:00 PM
Reply #65

Toddacelli

That makes sense. I just hadn't thought of a scenario where they hadn't all been together from the start so couldn't get my head around it. Cheers.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2015, 06:44:25 PM
Reply #66

Gash

Global Moderator
An announcement expected tomorrow about him signing for a so far unnamed League One club.

January 04, 2015, 07:12:57 PM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Has he signed for Oldham?
Simply simply lovely

January 04, 2015, 07:18:57 PM
Reply #68

Optimistic Blue

Wernt Oldham the first club to sign Lee Hughes out of jail as well?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

January 04, 2015, 07:20:03 PM
Reply #69

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wernt Oldham the first club to sign Lee Hughes out of jail as well?
They may well have been yeah
Simply simply lovely

January 04, 2015, 07:22:29 PM
Reply #70

Bluedylan

Fucking grim. Nice to see the head of the PFA basically defending and supporting him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 07, 2015, 10:31:31 PM
Reply #71

Django

Ched Evans, better known as Convicted Rapist Ched Evans looks like he's about to sign a deal with Oldham.

Interested to hear people's opinions on him.

Do you think he shouldn't be allowed to play again or does he deserve a second chance?

January 07, 2015, 10:36:06 PM
Reply #72

sirblue57

if he has paid his debt and punishment what else is there to say? the judge sent him to jail, where does the punishment end?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 07, 2015, 10:49:06 PM
Reply #73

Django

if he has paid his debt and punishment what else is there to say? the judge sent him to jail, where does the punishment end?

This is what I've been thinking to be honest. Touchy subject obviously but if he's been deemed fit for release then I do think it's been a bit of a witch hunt. Sky are going with the angle of him showing 'no remorse' but he is maintaining his innocence and waiting for a review of the trial, if he is innocent then why would he show remorse?

January 07, 2015, 10:50:51 PM
Reply #74

Thornton_19

I think its a tough issue for the FA to tackle. On one hand you do have a guy who is in the public eye, who could be considered a role model of sorts who would besmirch the sport if he returns.

On the other hand though he has paid his debt to society with his prison sentence. How can anyone stop him going, essentially, back to work after that.

It is a tough issue and i am not sure on it either way.