November 25, 2017, 11:50:41 AM

Author Topic: Lille v Everton  (Read 20744 times)

October 21, 2014, 07:12:40 PM
Reply #15

Alanvideo

Strong rumours of around 12k going over there on Thursday. If true then that's phenomenal.
.......... it hasn't been mentioned in the Mirror or on Sky but they just said Citeh have sold all their allocation for West Ham. Big deal . :headbang:
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 21, 2014, 07:32:52 PM
Reply #16

bacon sarnie

Think we'll get a good result. Wish I was going like.

October 21, 2014, 09:16:10 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

A few mates are travelling over tomorrow, their travel, plus match ticket and overnight accomodation costs around about the same as tickets and travel for a Premier League game against any London teams.

October 21, 2014, 09:44:12 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Not going to pretend I've seen any Ligue 1 this season, but listening to various French journalists on podcasts and watching games in the CL and EL involving French teams in previous years, outside of PSG, can't say I've been very impressed by the general standard. Plenty of good individual players in the league, but I still think of French football as second tier. I'd even say that the relative weakness of Ligue 1 is one of the reasons that PSG haven't quite made the big breakthrough that their resources and players would suggest they should (albeit they have improved and were unlucky not to knock Barca out of the CL a couple of seasons ago).

Clearly any away game in Europe can be tricky, and Lille really need to win this game given the slow start they've made, and I'm not suggesting we approach the game with any complacency, but I'd really like to see us start on the front foot and look to impose our game on them. Hoping for something like the last 10 mins in Krasnodar and not the first 80 mins.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:44:48 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 21, 2014, 10:38:53 PM
Reply #19

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
had a look at a translated lille forum, only 2 page thread on 'Vs everton' but lots of them seemed worried about their defence, and their toothless attack.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 21, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Reply #20

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Greg O'Keefe just tweeted
Brit Consular Service say French Authorities will ban EFC fans without tickets from Lille city centre & stadium on Thursday.

Good luck with trying to enforce that one

October 21, 2014, 10:43:59 PM
Reply #21

Shogun

Administrator
Allezlelosc.com was the better of the two forums I found.

I even asked them what their line up would be and got responses such as:

"A losing one"
"8 Defenders and 2 Strikers"

Not helpful in the slightest.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 21, 2014, 11:04:50 PM
Reply #22

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Brit Consular Service say French Authorities will ban EFC fans without tickets from Lille city centre & stadium on Thursday.

Just about to post this, whats the point? Not going to cause trouble so why start trouble?
I have to return some videotapes.

October 21, 2014, 11:39:32 PM
Reply #23

Alanvideo

.....According to this link the ban also applies to Lille fans without tickets.
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/lille-olympique-soccer-club-v-everton-travel-advice
So if you're a native of Lille and not going the game you can't enter the city centre ?
Nonsensical. :hmph:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:40:12 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 21, 2014, 11:45:42 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Link us up to the forums, lads

October 21, 2014, 11:49:45 PM
Reply #25

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
hahhahahah

I have to return some videotapes.

October 22, 2014, 05:06:44 AM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I know this has probably been covered before but do Champions league 3rd place teams still drop into the Europa League after the group stage?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 22, 2014, 05:11:18 AM
Reply #27

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I know this has probably been covered before but do Champions league 3rd place teams still drop into the Europa League after the group stage?

I'm afraid so.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

October 22, 2014, 05:12:09 AM
Reply #28

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'm afraid so.

just to be clear, I liked you being a good guy and answering my question, not the idea of the champs league sides joining us!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 22, 2014, 05:13:11 AM
Reply #29

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
just to be clear, I liked you being a good guy and answering my question, not the idea of the champs league sides joining us!

Ditto!
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts