47 (83.9%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Burnley v Everton  (Read 17154 times)

October 27, 2014, 05:25:11 AM
Reply #420

The Good Citizen

Fuck off Lawro, sort your hair out you look a disgrace.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

October 27, 2014, 05:25:33 AM
Reply #421

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Was gonna start a thread about Pienaar but suppose it's as relevant here.

I'm starting to write him off as a player and had heard 1 or 2 things about him being a dick outside the club so was thinking his time was up. (Just to make a point though - dint necessarily believe he is a dick and they're just rumours).

Our 3rd goal today was barkley,  Pienaar,  eto'o, goal.
Something really impressed me about Pienaar though, a lot of us agree that barkley needs to mature in decision making a bit more, and Pienaar took time out of celebrating to congratulate ross on the pass and making the right call.

Was really nice to see and put into crystal clarity the fact that barkley is still a kid (which, to be fair, should be extended to lukaku when giving him down the banks at times)

October 27, 2014, 05:28:20 AM
Reply #422

The Good Citizen

Watching the replay I was surprised by the lack of effort to celebrate with Lukaku compared to Eto'o's goal, especially considering he'd just cocked up for the Burnley goal.

October 27, 2014, 05:29:07 AM
Reply #423

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Ings is the oldest 22 year old ever.

Huge forehead

October 27, 2014, 05:29:55 AM
Reply #424

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I'm starting to write him off as a player and had heard 1 or 2 things about him being a dick outside the club so was thinking his time was up. (Just to make a point though - dint necessarily believe he is a dick and they're just rumours).

Something really impressed me about Pienaar though, a lot of us agree that barkley needs to mature in decision making a bit more, and Pienaar took time out of celebrating to congratulate ross on the pass and making the right call.

Was really nice to see and put into crystal clarity the fact that barkley is still a kid (which, to be fair, should be extended to lukaku when giving him down the banks at times)

What rumours?

Seems a decent bloke to me.

October 27, 2014, 05:30:08 AM
Reply #425

Bluedylan

Fuck off Lawro, sort your hair out you look a disgrace.

Haha! Well said. Go and see a top, top barber you tit.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 27, 2014, 05:31:42 AM
Reply #426

Gash

Global Moderator
Ings is the oldest 22 year old ever.

He looks like Bob Geldof with short hair and Just For Men in.

October 27, 2014, 05:32:13 AM
Reply #427

Ross

Yeah funny just watched it again an saw the same thing, Pienaar explaing to Barkley what he did was simple but effective.

Top player, and if him and Eto'o can enhance Lukaku and Barkley's development as well as contributing to games we should do well this year.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 27, 2014, 05:36:24 AM
Reply #428

The Good Citizen

Haha! Well said. Go and see a top, top barber you tit.

Dickie Davies right here could teach him a thing or two about how to pull off a gentleman's coiffure.

October 27, 2014, 07:58:47 AM
Reply #429

Cuttyblue

Just been reading some reaction from Burnley fans to get their perspective. Here's a few comments from posters on one of their forums:

''The gap between the Champ and Prem is awesome. Better players with more skill who move the ball quicker and have more pace and that's why we're being beaten. It would take a lot of money to bridge the gap and the gap will get bigger and bigger. Sad but that's how it is''

''The quality in this league is bloody frightening. I thought the two Everton full backs today are as good a pair as I have ever seen. No-one and I do mean no-one can not tell me that we are not trying our damnedest but ultimately quality counts!''

''Everton were so comfortable with the ball today that is was a real reality check''

(On Eto'o)
''Never realized he was this good. Just witnessed a supreme performance from an obviously top notch international player''

''Another Premiership game gone!. What a display by Everton who just played the game at their speed, its so sad, having to go and watch such dross, we just cant compete, they take every advantage the Referee stood having a natter with BAINES for a good 3 mins in the 2nd half just taking the momentum out of the game. Good job my season ticket is reduced because of my age, I feel sorry for all supporters who are having to pay the cost of tickets especially the young kids who are paying 15 to watch such rubbish''

Feel bad reading that because they've got it absolutely right.  I thought the Burnley players put in a shift today, Dyche seemed to have a strategy and they stuck to it... but the gulf in class, dear me.  They just weren't up to standard.

Gotta' be disheartening.  Tough thing for supporters and the chairman of a club like Burnley is to figure out how Swansea and Soton built the necessary quality and replicate that.

October 27, 2014, 04:20:02 PM
Reply #430

dazfrancis

If Barkley can add Pienaar style link-up play to his game....

Christ almighty!!

October 27, 2014, 04:41:25 PM
Reply #431

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What rumours?

Seems a decent bloke to me.

heard a handful of separate people working in the service sector who have come out and said he is pretty rude and arrogant.

I suspect however that it is simply a case of people expecting a footballer to be different to normal people who couldn't give a shit about the person behind the tills when buying something. or expect them to be full of joy every minute of every day.