47 (83.9%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Burnley v Everton  (Read 32428 times)

October 27, 2014, 12:52:59 AM
Reply #405

The Good Citizen

Always difficult after a Thursday away game in Europe init, ask Spurs not a great performance but an away win is priceless in the Premier league.

This, you just don't go away from home in the prem and take the piss. It's never pretty, 3-1 away is a great result any day of the week against anyone.  After a bit of the shock to the senses I think we're getting to grips with the midweek Europa commitment and Martinez seems to be getting the balance right regards when to rest his players. We're in a good place right now.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

October 27, 2014, 02:54:51 AM
Reply #406

Bluedylan

Just been reading some reaction from Burnley fans to get their perspective. Here's a few comments from posters on one of their forums:

''The gap between the Champ and Prem is awesome. Better players with more skill who move the ball quicker and have more pace and that's why we're being beaten. It would take a lot of money to bridge the gap and the gap will get bigger and bigger. Sad but that's how it is''

''The quality in this league is bloody frightening. I thought the two Everton full backs today are as good a pair as I have ever seen. No-one and I do mean no-one can not tell me that we are not trying our damnedest but ultimately quality counts!''

''Everton were so comfortable with the ball today that is was a real reality check''

(On Eto'o)
''Never realized he was this good. Just witnessed a supreme performance from an obviously top notch international player''

''Another Premiership game gone!. What a display by Everton who just played the game at their speed, its so sad, having to go and watch such dross, we just cant compete, they take every advantage the Referee stood having a natter with BAINES for a good 3 mins in the 2nd half just taking the momentum out of the game. Good job my season ticket is reduced because of my age, I feel sorry for all supporters who are having to pay the cost of tickets especially the young kids who are paying 15 to watch such rubbish''

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 27, 2014, 03:04:48 AM
Reply #407

Shogun

Administrator
Feel bad for them, little ambition shown in the summer.

October 27, 2014, 03:11:43 AM
Reply #408

Bluedylan

Same here. Must be grim getting mullered every week, and not even having proper go at it in the transfer market. Still the TV money and the parachute payments should do them a big favour in the long term if they invest wisely. Hope they don't get rid of Dyche. Seems like he's be a good manager if he was given more of a chance.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

October 27, 2014, 03:18:09 AM
Reply #409

Ross

Same here. Must be grim getting mullered every week, and not even having proper go at it in the transfer market. Still the TV money and the parachute payments should do them a big favour in the long term if they invest wisely. Hope they don't get rid of Dyche. Seems like he's be a good manager if he was given more of a chance.

Prudent though, if QPR go down that's the club fucked into the 3rd division with huge debts.

Ive got a few mates who are Birmingham fans and they'd rather be in the championship with a chance of enjoying their weekends football than sitting in the premiership getting their arses spanked every week.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 27, 2014, 03:21:53 AM
Reply #410

ally2

They were very good in their first game against Chelsea. I admire them and their efforts (although they clogged a bit today) but money really does count. But they will benefit as a club from this so they don't really need much sympathy. It's worse to see some of the old top tier teams struggling - just have a look at the lower reaches of the championship.

October 27, 2014, 03:37:51 AM
Reply #411

toffee_scot

Indeed, it's always nice to see teams promoted who rely less on money and more on their manager's talents and the whole team performance.

But even when being promoted to the Premier League you will find some owners will keep the purse strings tight and let's be honest, even if you are an ambitious or decent quality player from a top European league who wants to play in the English Premier League - would you be attracted to Burnley and Sean Dyche? I expect them in January to sign 4 - 5 players including squad/reserve players from the Premier League or decent Championship players.

Sadly I can't see them even finishing anywhere above 19th.

October 27, 2014, 03:44:50 AM
Reply #412

School of Science

Just been reading some reaction from Burnley fans to get their perspective. Here's a few comments from posters on one of their forums:

''The gap between the Champ and Prem is awesome. Better players with more skill who move the ball quicker and have more pace and that's why we're being beaten. It would take a lot of money to bridge the gap and the gap will get bigger and bigger. Sad but that's how it is''

''The quality in this league is bloody frightening. I thought the two Everton full backs today are as good a pair as I have ever seen. No-one and I do mean no-one can not tell me that we are not trying our damnedest but ultimately quality counts!''

''Everton were so comfortable with the ball today that is was a real reality check''

(On Eto'o)
''Never realized he was this good. Just witnessed a supreme performance from an obviously top notch international player''

''Another Premiership game gone!. What a display by Everton who just played the game at their speed, its so sad, having to go and watch such dross, we just cant compete, they take every advantage the Referee stood having a natter with BAINES for a good 3 mins in the 2nd half just taking the momentum out of the game. Good job my season ticket is reduced because of my age, I feel sorry for all supporters who are having to pay the cost of tickets especially the young kids who are paying 15 to watch such rubbish''

Really nice to hear, hence the like, good find, but Christ these supporters don't want to meet us on a good day when were playing well.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 27, 2014, 04:10:03 AM
Reply #413

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
They're going about it in the right way IMO. Throwing money about doesn't guarantee staying up.

You've also go to take into account that they never expected being in the prem at this point.

I started working there 2 years ago and they were relegation fodder. Start of last season they were hoping just to stay up, now they're in the prem. They'll go back down, but keep a good core of the squad so they'll be well equipped to come back up and maybe kick on from there.

What did the boys think of Ings and trippier btw? Their 2 stand out players who are good enough for this level. The rest are just a bunch of talentless workhorses, unfortunately 
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 27, 2014, 04:22:07 AM
Reply #414

Bluedylan

What did the boys think of Ings and trippier btw? Their 2 stand out players who are good enough for this level. The rest are just a bunch of talentless workhorses, unfortunately 

You said it really for me, they did look like 'their 2 stand out players who are good enough for this level'. Head and shoulders.

October 27, 2014, 04:28:22 AM
Reply #415

Gash

Global Moderator
Thought the interview with Dyche before the game was very refreshing, despite Shreeves desperate to talk about him getting sacked and not spending 50m on players.

He deserves a chance to be there for a few years, he's trying to put an infrastructure in place for the future rather than spend everything on a bunch of journeymen Premier League players. If they go down but look after the money they might just be in with a chance of building a solid foundation like the likes of Stoke rather than do a QPR and blow a fortune on shite, go up and down like a yoyo and put the whole future of the club in jeopardy.

October 27, 2014, 04:29:21 AM
Reply #416

toffee_scot

Trippier caused us a few problems. Even before the season started he was highly rated by many football pundits and if he continues to impress, he could be called up to the England squad by the end of the season. I can see quite a few clubs interested in him and he might eventually move for something like 10m to a Sunderland or Newcastle.

Danny Ings only scored his first goal in the Premier League today which many strikers have done against us in the past. Still too early to judge but if he can score at worst 8 goals this season then there will be a queue for his signature.

October 27, 2014, 04:42:02 AM
Reply #417

toffee_scot

Also, I am surprised that Burnley bought Jutkeiwicz in the summer, as far as I am aware, he never really set the Championship alight.

Last time I heard Scott Arfield's name, he was one of the stand out players for Falkirk when they were in the SPL about 5 years ago before he moved to a club in League One.

October 27, 2014, 05:12:16 AM
Reply #418

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Trippier caused us a few problems. Even before the season started he was highly rated by many football pundits and if he continues to impress, he could be called up to the England squad by the end of the season. I can see quite a few clubs interested in him and he might eventually move for something like 10m to a Sunderland or Newcastle.

Danny Ings only scored his first goal in the Premier League today which many strikers have done against us in the past. Still too early to judge but if he can score at worst 8 goals this season then there will be a queue for his signature.

If there's one thing you can rely on us for, it's breaking a struggling striker's patch of bad form.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 27, 2014, 05:22:26 AM
Reply #419

Shogun

Administrator
Ings is the oldest 22 year old ever.