October 20, 2019, 05:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Malky McKay  (Read 12105 times)

November 21, 2014, 06:29:17 AM
Reply #30

Ross

hen he was young. “If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying,” Whelan said. “There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits, or the Irish paddies.”

Isn't it?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 21, 2014, 06:30:38 AM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 21, 2014, 06:33:49 AM
Reply #32

Ross

Not at all.

Well I don't understand then, mind explaining ?

Edit; I'm not saying every Britian has called someone a 'Chink', just it's not an usual term to hear.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:37:01 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 21, 2014, 06:36:43 AM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I'm not gonna waste my time explaining how the word 'chink' is different to the word 'Brit'.

November 21, 2014, 06:37:35 AM
Reply #34

Ross

I'm not gonna waste my time explaining how the word 'chink' is different to the word 'Brit'.

Why not?

Ffs I've just edited my post again!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:38:28 AM by Ross »

November 21, 2014, 06:40:04 AM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why not?

Ffs I've just edited my post again!

I'll leave it to MC.

You should be able to work it out for yourself really.

November 21, 2014, 06:41:01 AM
Reply #36

Ross

I'll leave it to MC.

You should be able to work it out for yourself really.

So you've taken acceptation but don't know why?

November 21, 2014, 06:44:24 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So you've taken acceptation but don't know why?

I know why. Just not wasting my time explaining it as it's fucking obvious.

November 21, 2014, 01:50:45 PM
Reply #38

ally2

not excusing the old cunt, but this was probably his favourite record:

Blue Mink - Melting Pot

quite odd really, as this was often promoted as the great anti-racist 'we are all the same' song of its day...

I always wondered where this song was from. I only ever heard it on Alan Partridge. I suppose it's not really the type that's going to get radio play.

November 21, 2014, 03:51:34 PM
Reply #39

BrotherEstapol

Edit; I'm not saying every Britian has called someone a 'Chink', just it's not an usual term to hear.
First off, please excuse the language, it's for educational purposes only!

Chink is a derogatory term, much along the lines of Niger or Gook.

Brit is an abbreviation of sorts like Aussie or Scot.

Paddie is a nickname, like Kiwi, but like Yank or Pom some can find it offensive. Generally it's used as a  term of endearment though, so it's not taken as an offence.

Though you find me an Eastern Asian who doesn't get offended at being called a Chink and I'll buy you a beer.

Was that right Ram?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:52:29 PM by BrotherEstapol »

November 21, 2014, 04:14:31 PM
Reply #40

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Not that I speak for every person with any Chinese or British blood in them, but as someone who is half Chinese, I have to say I find the term 'Chink' very offensive, as someone who is half British, I don't find the term 'Brit' offensive at all

The former tends to be said by people who are either using it as a derogatory term or are ignorant of the term actually being derogatory

It is most certainly not only the Chinese who would see this as an unsuitable term to use, I'm sure most of the country see this as a term that could cause offence
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 21, 2014, 06:05:14 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

Are people really still having to explain why 'chink' is offensive and why it's not remotely comparable to words like 'brit'? Wow.

Just as a general aside, in my personal opinion, in this country, discrimination towards Chinese people is often taken less seriously than other forms of discrimination, and it's almost viewed as an acceptable form of racism. Unfortunately, I know quite a few people who would say the word 'chink' who would not say the word 'nigger' or 'paki', for example.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 21, 2014, 06:07:16 PM
Reply #42

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Brit? Offensive?
Simply simply lovely

November 21, 2014, 06:13:22 PM
Reply #43

Ross

Are people really still having to explain why 'chink' is offensive and why it's not remotely comparable to words like 'brit'? Wow.

Just as a general aside, in my personal opinion, in this country, discrimination towards Chinese people is often taken less seriously than other forms of discrimination, and it's almost viewed as an acceptable form of racism. Unfortunately, I know quite a few people who would say the word 'chink' who would not say the word 'nigger' or 'paki', for example.

Isn't it just an abbreviation for a race of people? I don't use the term to be fair but is it any worse than calling Jewish people Jews for instance.

November 21, 2014, 06:19:10 PM
Reply #44

wepull

Isn't brit used for people from Britain whereas chink is a general term used for anyone from east Asia and mainly for people with specific facial features.