October 21, 2019, 09:25:26 AM

Author Topic: Malky McKay  (Read 12106 times)

December 05, 2014, 11:07:43 PM
Reply #90

Bluedylan

Go ed Dave lad, keep diggin. Sooner you're fucked off the better.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 05, 2014, 11:23:15 PM
Reply #91

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
oh my lord hahahh http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30353141

Oh dear. I think his mentality can be summarised by this excerpt...

"When I was growing up we used to call the Chinese [restaurant] 'chingalings'.
"We weren't being disrespectful. We used to say: 'We're going to eat in 'chingalings'.
"The Chinese weren't offended by that. That was the name everyone in Wigan called it."

Michael Wilkes, a spokesman for the British Chinese Project, described Whelan's comments as "extremely unhelpful".

December 06, 2014, 12:25:21 AM
Reply #92

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking idiot
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 06, 2014, 12:36:32 AM
Reply #93

macko

He really is Alf Garnett reincarnated.Ignorant gobshite.
We shall not be moved!

December 10, 2014, 04:14:39 PM
Reply #94

74Blue

The sad part is that he actually doesn't realise that the shit he's spouting is offensive. He's proper old school is Mr Whelan, from the days when racism didn't exist and when being gay was a disease. Thankfully, most of us have evolved since then and cavemen like Dave Whelan are very much in the minority now. Whether or not he is punished, he really should step down anyway. The damage is already done. How can Wigan Athletic promote and enforce a zero tolerance policy on racism, when the man at the helm is a racist dinosaur?

December 15, 2014, 07:51:31 AM
Reply #95

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
It's a cultural change that has happened over the last few decades, but some have struggled to change with the times.

I grew up in a predominantly white area and didn't think nothing when I was younger of using the word chinkies for the local Chinese takeaway. It wasn't meant as a horrible reference to horrible people we didn't like, it's just the word we used.

Now, married to a woman who is half Hong Kong Chinese and half Malaysian I find the word horrible, but still understanding the word is common speak reference to Chinese. Just like Japs is to Japanese.

I find myself hypercritical on the issue because I have used both words, and I never said or thought them with menace or hatred like you could say with the N word for example, but it's still a word that time has passed by as something acceptable by the masses that reject their use.

What is difficult is when I head back to see the family and good friends still haven't quite got on the same boat regarding this though. I don't hate them for it, I can't, but it's uncomfortable at times.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 16, 2014, 12:58:37 AM
Reply #96

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's important to separate racism (which to me means implies an active dislike or hatred) from what is for want of a better word we call "casual racism".

They're both bad of course but the mechanism behind them, and therefore the ways to tackle them couldn't be more different.

Racist people know very well that they're racist, so informing them of this fact will not deter them, quite the opposite. But people who aren't malicious but merely rude or insensitive can be educated. It's a slow process but it works so long as the two very different mindsets aren't confused.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 06, 2015, 02:52:56 AM
Reply #97

GrantyBoy78

Thought this said Matt McKay at first, anyone remember him.

February 21, 2015, 05:18:21 AM
Reply #98

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well on his way to taking Wigan to league 1.

February 21, 2015, 06:57:04 AM
Reply #99

Thornton_19

Well on his way to taking Wigan to league 1.

Remember when he was linked with us. Fucking Hell.

February 21, 2015, 03:36:31 PM
Reply #100

macko

Talk about karma.
We shall not be moved!

April 07, 2015, 01:23:19 AM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

April 07, 2015, 01:35:45 AM
Reply #102

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Top banter there, Malky.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.