June 24, 2019, 07:32:46 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 31680 times)

November 29, 2014, 07:53:03 AM
Read 31680 times

Shogun

Administrator

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC
White Hart Lane
Sunday 30th November 16:00
Premier League Match #13

Tottenham - Premier League 14/15

Manchester City 4-1 Tottenham - (Eriksen)
Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle (Adebayor)
Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham (Chadli, Kane)
Tottenham 1-2 Stoke (Chadli)
Hull City 1-2 Tottenham (Kane, Eriksen)

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Everton 3-0 Aston Villa (Jagielka, Lukaku, Coleman)
Burnley 1-3 Everton (Eto'o x2, Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-1 Everton (Baines Pen)
Everton 2-1 West Ham (Lukaku, Osman)

Tottenham

Tottenham's victory over Hull City was their 5th win of the season. Tottenham have now gone six premier league matches without drawing a game (W3 L3) since the 1-1 draw in the North London Derby. Tottenham have currently scored in seven matches in a row which is only bettered by Chelsea (12) & Manchester City (9). However, they've also gone five matches without keeping a clean sheet which is a run exceeded only by Crystal Palace (6) and Stoke (6). Three of Tottenham's five wins this season have come due to injury time goals (West Ham 1-0, Aston Villa 2-1, Hull 2-1).

Interestingly, Tottenham have played at home following their European fixture for all six occasions this season with that trend set to continue at the weekend. However, they've failed to take advantage of this fortune with just 6 points from a possible 18 including defeats to three teams in the bottom half of the table. Everton have taken an unimpressive 4 points from 12 in their fixtures, though have shown improvement through the season. Everton have won their Europa League group whilst Tottenham are currently top of their group having secured qualification.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton went five matches unbeaten in the Premier League with a 2-1 home win against West Ham last time out with only Chelsea (12) & Newcastle (6) currently on longer unbeaten streaks. Everton have four points less than at this stage last season yet are still only two points from 4th spot which is only one point less than at this stage last season. Everton have kept just two clean sheets in their last 21 visits to London (0-0 Crystal Palace 09/11/13 & 0-0 Arsenal 16/04/13). Only four teams have taken more points from away fixtures in the Premier League this season than Everton (9).

There really isn't much to read from this table (but I made it anyway). Chelsea, Southampton and West Ham appear to be the biggest movers over the last couple of months whilst Newcastle were so poor for the first half of the year (16/57 points) that their rise is unnoticeable. Liverpool are falling down the yearly table whilst most other teams are where you'd expect them to be. Hull City are also stalling at the bottom but it's the three promoted teams who currently occupy the relegation places in the regular season, fortunately for Steve Bruce.

Stats & Injuries

Tottenham Emmanuel Adebayor, Etienne Capoue, Nacer Chadli and Danny Rose are all fit to return for this match. Andros Townsend will undergo a late fitness test and Kyle Walker will miss out. Kyle Naughton is suspended.

Everton - Leighton Baines, Gareth Barry, Steven Naismith and Steven Pienaar are in contention to return to the squad following injury. James McCarthy is less likely to return after going off against Wolfsburg whilst Antolin Alcaraz, Bryan Oviedo and John Stones continue their recovery. Darron Gibson is also doubtful.

I never claimed to be a saint

November 30, 2014, 07:29:15 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
This was the most frustrating defeat of the season for me last season, I hope we put it right this season.

We dominated the match, particularly the first half despite not playing with a proper striker but couldn't score. Tim fucking Sherwood then got his dose of luck as we turned off for their quickly taken set piece and that was the match. We lost to a team managed by Tim twat Sherwood.

Destroy them Blues!

November 30, 2014, 08:32:28 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Looks like Baines is fit.

November 30, 2014, 08:34:19 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator

November 30, 2014, 09:01:31 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Almost nailed it in my team prediction

November 30, 2014, 09:19:52 PM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Lennon couldn't cause damage if we were playing Pistone today.

November 30, 2014, 10:48:44 PM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
McGeady needs to come on for Barkley or Eto'o.

Plenty of time to go and they'll tire as the match goes on.

November 30, 2014, 11:20:53 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
This is annoying as fuck
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:21:09 PM by Shogun »

November 30, 2014, 11:36:11 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
Criminal offside there

November 30, 2014, 11:49:02 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Absolutely hate Spurs away. Fucking annoying average Spawny team of cunts

November 30, 2014, 11:53:47 PM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
Absolutely hate it.

Fucking shit season, every time we build a bit of confidence we fuck it up.

Beat Wolfsburg 4-1, lose to Palace.
Draw against the shite, lose to United
Go 5 matches unbeaten, winning in Germany, then lose to a shite Spurs team

Absolute bollocks weekend.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:55:19 PM by Shogun »

December 01, 2014, 01:44:10 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
Hello...I just registered on forum, hope we win today :))
I blame you for today.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 01:46:25 AM by Shogun »

December 01, 2014, 06:56:19 AM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator

If we get offered daft money for barkley we should sell him. 40m for a player who's had only a handful of good games and may or may not become a star is crazy money. The lad is currently going backwards. Rarely makes a decent contribution never mind has a good game. I don't see it. Obviously he's talented but christ he's light years behind what Gerrard and Rooney were doing at his age. He's actually in the here and now worse than Osman

Here, let me pick those toys up from the floor for you.