5 (8.6%)
Barkley (Sub)
1 (1.7%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)
Fuck Marriner, Fuck Tyler, Fuck Sky
20 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 23662 times)

December 05, 2014, 10:13:21 PM
Read 23662 times

Shogun

Administrator

Manchester City v Everton FC
Ethiad Stadium
Saturday 6th December 17:30
Premier League Match #15

Manchester City - Premier League 14/15

Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United - (Aguero)
QPR 2-2 Manchester City (Aguero x2)
Man City 2-1 Swansea (Jovetic, Toure)
Southampton 0-3 Man City (Toure, Lampard, Clichy)
Sunderland 1-4 Man City (Aguero x2, Jovetic, Zabaleta)

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Everton 0-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-1 Everton (Baines Pen)
Everton 2-1 West Ham (Lukaku, Osman)
Tottenham 2-1 Everton (Mirallas)
Everton 1-1 Hull (Lukaku)

Manchester City

Man City won their third match on the run with a comprehensive 4-1 victory away to Sunderland on Wednesday night thanks to a brace from Sergio Aguero for his 14th goal in as many matches in this season's Premier League. Manchester City have now scored in 11 matches in a row which is the highest in the Premier League, Arsenal are next on 7. Manchester City have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League matches against Everton, a team they've beaten just 5 times in that period (D2 L8) stretching back to 2006.

Sergio Aguero is currently the top scorer in the Premier League and has scored more goals than Sunderland (13), Burnley (10) and Aston Villa ( 8 ) in the league this season. The Argentinian has also scored seven  goals in his last eight home games for Manchester City, though he did score four goals against Tottenham. According to Opta's stats, Aguero has the best minutes per goal rate in Premier League history (108 minutes) ahead of Thierry Henry (122) and Ruud Van Nistelrooy (128).

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton failed to improve moods on Merseyside after following up a defeat at White Hart Lane with a 1-1 draw at home to Hull. Everton are one of three teams to score in every Premier League away match this season alongside West Ham United and Saturday's opponents Manchester City. Roberto Martinez has faced Manchester City 10 times in the Premier League and has failed to win any (D1 L9) but did beat them in the 2013 FA Cup Final. Only one defender (Le Saux 44) has produced more Premier League assists than Leighton Baines (43).

Sergio Aguero and Romelu Lukaku each scored in both fixtures between the sides last season. Lukaku has notched four goals in his last seven matches in the Premier League and five of his six goals this season have all come before the 35th minute of the match. Despite being 5 years younger than Aguero, the Belgian is only 5 goals behind the Argentinian counting goals since his loan move to West Brom in the 2012-13 season.

Injuries

Statistics

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 05, 2014, 10:19:26 PM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one Shogs, dreading this game tbh although think we will win....stupid hope
I have to return some videotapes.

December 05, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
that assist table just reminds me how much we need to get baines on the fucking ball. he's been a bit part player lately because of how we're playing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 05, 2014, 10:33:59 PM
Reply #3

kramer0

I'm looking forward to this.  It will be a good challenge and we're more than capable of getting something, even with the current injuries and poor league form.

December 05, 2014, 11:11:27 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

We'll either win this heroically and properly ignite our league season or get royally bummed.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 05, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Back to basics for me. Higher tempo, quicker passing and defend like our lives are on the line

Simply simply lovely

December 05, 2014, 11:18:23 PM
Reply #6

Thornton_19

City  can be a lazy side. They wont press the ball as much as lower sides will. Think we can nick this.

December 05, 2014, 11:18:42 PM
Reply #7

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Considering Aguero is seriously hot shit I think it's pretty awesome that Rom aint far behind, stat wise.

December 05, 2014, 11:20:52 PM
Reply #8

fez91

It will hopefully suit our style of play this year playing against a team that will attack us rather than soak up the pressure (although, it probably won't as we haven't played very well in the league for a while now)

The team I would pick: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Baines, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Eto'o, Pienaar, Lukaku.

It was a toss up between Barkley and Eto'o but I think Eto'o will be able to keep hold of possession a bit better than Barkley in this game.

December 05, 2014, 11:25:02 PM
Reply #9

The Analog Kid

Bit more optimism in the matchday thread. Stranger things have happened with us, I wouldn't put it past us to go and get something here against the run of play. Let's just hope they've watched the Hull game back and think to themselves "fuck me, we need to get our act together..."

December 05, 2014, 11:51:40 PM
Reply #10

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
was thinking it will be like Wolfsburg where we sit back and hit counter attacks. Without the energy of McCarthy and Naismith we aare slow when we kep the ball so this will suit us i think and we will win.
I have to return some videotapes.

December 06, 2014, 12:17:06 AM
Reply #11

bluenuck

I think we will fair a little better here because of reasons already said. That we will be the ones countering ,and soaking up pressure. But let's not forget, Wolfsburg is no Citeh.

I see us sneaking out a draw. 2-2

Would like to see Mcgeady out there instead of pienaar. Mcgeady would suit the counter attack game better.

December 06, 2014, 12:23:03 AM
Reply #12

kramer0

I like the look of their defense.  Demichelis is a great organizer, but slow and error prone.  Mangala is an accident waiting to happen, although he can be quite imposing on his day.

December 06, 2014, 12:24:32 AM
Reply #13

kramer0

Would like to see Mcgeady out there instead of pienaar. Mcgeady would suit the counter attack game better.

Agreed. We have far more menace on the counter with two proper wingers.  Their midfield won't enjoy tracking back on Barkley, either.

December 06, 2014, 12:54:03 AM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Somehwere on the internet, the City version of Shogun has done a matchday thread much like the one Shogs did for Hull and for the same reason...
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...