5 (8.6%)
Barkley (Sub)
1 (1.7%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)
Fuck Marriner, Fuck Tyler, Fuck Sky
20 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 23755 times)

December 06, 2014, 02:45:49 AM
Reply #15

Simon Paul

Administrator
I was interviewed by Bluemoon earlier today

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=699

December 06, 2014, 04:29:36 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I was interviewed by Bluemoon earlier today

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=699

Shame they have concentrated on the grand old team piece instead on the forum. Like they are going out of their way to have a problem with us

December 06, 2014, 04:32:54 PM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
Shame they have concentrated on the grand old team piece instead on the forum. Like they are going out of their way to have a problem with us

yeah I noticed that

the thing is though, anger sells....or rather in the internet's case, generates discussion, so they're reacting to that rather than focussing on the actual person their site spoke to

to be honest I struggle to read those type of preview pieces whenever I've stumbled on them, and much prefer @Shogun and his work on here

December 06, 2014, 04:40:18 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

This is taken from an article in World Soccer by Nick Bidwell about Dortmund

" Everything that could go wrong is going wrong ........... Whether it is woeful defending , too many misplaced passes or profligacy in front of goal Dortmund have been there own worst enemies this season . And just to pile on the misery a lengthy injury list just never seems to shorten ".

"Faced by teams who are happy to sit back in numbers and give up possession, Dortmund tend to lose their poise , running out of creative ideas , over committing to attack , then being picked off late in the game . It is the footballing equivalent of rope a dope tactics ............................."

" The message is loud and clear . Give Dortmund space as their CL opponents have and they will capitalise . Man the barricades , make them dictate terms and you have a chance . Time for a touch more flexibility Jurgen " .

Given that Klopp and Martinez are 2 and 4 in the Managers index behind Diego Simone you wouldn't want to say it was a crap Manager that is to blame as much as inflexible tactics in the league .

Dortmund played really well against Bayern for 45 mins and then got rammed 2nd half ( echoes of us on occasions ) and I hope we can manage it for 90 against City . It will be a massive win for us in terms of confidence but I really feel defeat could spark a spiral .
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:06:31 PM by Rodenplav64 »

December 06, 2014, 04:48:58 PM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

Hopefully Aguero has an off day and one or two of our players will really step up in the same way that Fellaini did once against them a few seasons ago or Stracqualursi too.

If Naismith is fit and playing then that gives us a bit more hope, he always relishes those big games.

December 06, 2014, 04:53:31 PM
Reply #20

Ross

@Rodenplav64 what's the "managers index"?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 06, 2014, 04:59:13 PM
Reply #21

Rodenplav64

@Rodenplav64 what's the "managers index"?

Its a ranking of Europes most sought after Managers allegedly . Not sure if it just the magazines though . Most in demand doesn't mean most successful though as Guardiola , Ancelotti , Mourinho etc don't feature . I think it is those most likely to step up to a bigger team .
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:59:39 PM by Rodenplav64 »

December 06, 2014, 06:00:55 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2014, 07:11:37 PM
Reply #23

Tinga

That Hull game has demotivated me so much that I'm just going to watch this to see what happens. I expect a drubbing though.

December 06, 2014, 07:19:31 PM
Reply #24

wepull

They are a good side no doubt, but they would want to play their game rather than pressing us and exposing our obvious weakness. I think we can take them on if they give us the space to play our game.

December 06, 2014, 07:20:43 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Will miss this game, I feel relieved now... When we win I'll be gutted

Simply simply lovely

December 06, 2014, 08:01:39 PM
Reply #26

blob

if we continue the 'slow, going nowhere' theme of recent games we will get a real pre-christmas stuffing.

hoping rm can show some adaptability, and change our 'approach'.

the barcodes have just taken the lead against chelsea, so it could hopefully be a topsy-turvy day.

December 06, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours going round that Howard is out.

December 06, 2014, 09:01:20 PM
Reply #28

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Really? Wow. I called for Robles in, but at city? Talk about trial by fire. Nice easy Europa game to settle the nerves might've been better...

December 06, 2014, 09:19:35 PM
Reply #29

Shogun

Administrator

Rumours going round that Howard is out.

I'd be surprised, seems a unnecessary risk with the Krasnodar game coming (to test Joel).
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth