27 (48.2%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
3 (5.4%)
Lukaku (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton  (Read 23241 times)

December 28, 2014, 09:04:08 AM
Read 23241 times

Shogun

Administrator

Newcastle United v Everton FC
Sport Direct Arena
Sunday 28th December 16:15
Premier League Match #19

Newcastle United- Premier League 14/15

Burnley 1-1 Newcastle (Cisse)
Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea (Cisse x2)
Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle (Perez)
Newcastle 0-1 Sunderland
Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle (Cisse Pen)

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Everton 1-1 Hull (Lukaku)
Manchester City 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 QPR (Barkley, Mirallas, O.G.)
Southampton 3-0 Everton
Everton 0-1 Stoke City

Newcastle United

Newcastle extended their run of defeats to three matches after losing 3-1 at Old Trafford following their last minute derby defeat to Sunderland in their most recent home fixture. Newcastle have now gone six matches without being able to keep a clean sheet which is the second longest streak behind their Sunday opponents Everton. Newcastle have taken just 4 points from their last six matches in the Premier League but have managed 13 points from their last six home matches. Newcastle have lost five of their last six matches played at home between Christmas and New Year (W1 L5). Newcastle are currently the most injury stricken side in the Premier League with 11 players carrying injury ahead of this match.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton failed to score at home for just the second time this season as they lost 1-0 to Stoke City during a grim Boxing Day fixture in their last outing in the Premier League. The Toffees are on a run of eight matches without a clean sheet in the league which is more than any other side. Ahead of this match, Everton have won just one of their last seven Premier League away fixtures (W1 D2 L4) having lost on all of their last three trips. Everton have a good record in the North East losing just two of their last 15 visits to Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland (W8 D5 L2) as well as winning three of their last 5 matches at St James' Park. Steven Naismith will be suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Stoke City.

Statistics & Injuries

Alan Pardew and Roberto Martinez have faced each other eight times in their managerial careers and none of their meetings have resulted in a draw. Both managers have managed four wins in these fixtures with Martinez winning four of the last five. Martinez's sides have picked up 16 yellow cards over the eight matches compared to Pardew's 12. There have been two red cards over that period, both to players under Roberto Martinez. Current Swansea manager Garry Monk was red carded in the first ever meeting whilst Maynor Figueroa has also seen red.

Let's just win for fuck sake.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 28, 2014, 09:33:59 AM
Reply #1

orangecrush16

Really need to do something here, we seem to have gone into a tailspin recently with some absolutely shite performances. This fuckin lot aint up to much either though, so we've just gotta give this a real fuckin go, no more 10 - 15 passes backwards & sideways going nowhere fast, & also need every single player in OUR ROYAL BLUE to fight & chase all day long.
Don't die wondering !

December 28, 2014, 10:35:16 AM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I've enjoyed the odd couple of runs through the middle we've seen from Baines in recent games. His quick movement and passing have looked like one of the few things that can create a decent opening for us. Thoughts on giving him a bit more air time there?

December 28, 2014, 11:01:04 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

Baines doesn't belong in the middle. Baines drifts toward the middle because that's where everyone is. He's isolated out on the left flank because there's no winger playing his friggin position. If Pienaar, or the player who is placed there actually plays that position was there, Baines would be effective on the left side. Same goes for Coleman and the right side. Essentially RM's Starting 11 is killing his own tactics.(I believe his tactics are fine, it's his lineup that's killing it) We have taken away that threat for opposing teams which makes it easy for them to defend us. Why RM would do this makes NO sense to me. We are way to easy to defend against because we have no threat down the flanks. Coleman and Baines are isolated which leaves them one play. Hoof it into the box.

Last season I remember so many runs made by Coleman and Baines into the middle created by give-and-goes with the winger. This season there has been none of it because they are all alone out there.

December 28, 2014, 01:58:55 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I've enjoyed the odd couple of runs through the middle we've seen from Baines in recent games. His quick movement and passing have looked like one of the few things that can create a decent opening for us. Thoughts on giving him a bit more air time there?

For me it looks like it's easier for him to do from deeper as it's unexpected and there are more people ahead of him to create space/potential options.

I'd say it's more of a reminder that if we play with someone on the left who he can link up with that he'll still be able to create chances out of pretty much nothing, as opposed to the current patterns of isolating him on the half way line.

December 28, 2014, 03:30:35 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Both our full backs are the best in the league at arriving late. So why are they now stood halfway up the pitch watching the play every game?

December 28, 2014, 05:36:40 PM
Reply #6

Cozzie

Both our full backs are the best in the league at arriving late. So why are they now stood halfway up the pitch watching the play every game?

Tactics.

I don't quite know what, or more so why Martinez has changed it, but the full backs bombing on was key to last season.

Look at oviedos goal at Old Trafford last season, when he scored both Baines and Coleman where in the box, this was a regular occurrence last season, now, whenever Baines and Coleman get to the halfway line they always just hold their hands up as their are simply no options, Martinez fails to see this though, and persists on pushing Barkley out wide instead of a natural wide man.

This is my guess as to why Baines all of a sudden started cutting in and playing through the middle, he had probably had enough of the shitty tactics not working an decided to do his own thing. I just hope Bobby sees the light soon enough, we need to get Baines and Coleman in the game more. His team selections are shitting all over everything he is trying to do.

December 28, 2014, 06:02:02 PM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

God I hope we smash these deluded twats.

Pardew is a cunt.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 28, 2014, 06:08:24 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
God I hope we smash these deluded twats.

Pardew is a cunt.

My second most hated team, I think everyone is just feeling the 'let's just fucking win' vibe.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 28, 2014, 06:41:00 PM
Reply #9

Cozzie

I actually hate Newcastle more than the shite, for various reasons.

Hope we really do them over but they have lost their last 3, we seem to be running in to teams on bad runs atm.

December 28, 2014, 06:50:45 PM
Reply #10

Tinga

I wonder who'll get injured today?

December 28, 2014, 06:56:47 PM
Reply #11

bluetongue

Is anyone watching this match in lark lane today?

December 28, 2014, 07:16:06 PM
Reply #12

jongre123

Tactics.

I don't quite know what, or more so why Martinez has changed it, but the full backs bombing on was key to last season.

Look at oviedos goal at Old Trafford last season, when he scored both Baines and Coleman where in the box, this was a regular occurrence last season, now, whenever Baines and Coleman get to the halfway line they always just hold their hands up as their are simply no options, Martinez fails to see this though, and persists on pushing Barkley out wide instead of a natural wide man.

This is my guess as to why Baines all of a sudden started cutting in and playing through the middle, he had probably had enough of the shitty tactics not working an decided to do his own thing. I just hope Bobby sees the light soon enough, we need to get Baines and Coleman in the game more. His team selections are shitting all over everything he is trying to do.

I know its back in August now, but I wonder if the 6-3 against Chelsea added to the bad run of conceding goals at the start of the season is the cause to why Baines and Coleman don't push up enough any more. It seems that because we were leaking goals they have been told to defend more and are now scared of going forward at all.

December 28, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
Reply #13

Rodenplav64

You can't just keep blaming the tactics . Discipline on the pitch by players is as big a factor . Van Gaal would fucking crucify some of our players publicly . Do they really need a Manager to tell them how to pick a pass or how to move into space FFS . The only thing he really needs to do is stop praising them undeservedly and start making some of them earn reputations first . Some have been fucking useless and it isn't down to the Manager . You can't blame him for having so many unfortunate injuries and the last thing we needed was for some to try and get match fitness against Stoke .  He is falling into the same trap as Moyes in square pegs in round holes and like Moyes injuries may well get him out of the shit as easy as they got him in it . Give Garbutt a go and move Baines up the pitch rather than waste Barkley on the left for a start . Like wise shift Lukaku out right with Coleman rather than wait 90 mins for him to try and walk into space and put Long or McCaleny up front . Seriously couldn't be any worse or hopeless than just waiting for the opposition to gift you a chance.

December 28, 2014, 08:13:25 PM
Reply #14

jongre123

We have to be putting balls into the box today. Their keeper hasn't been great dealing with crosses lately and their centre backs are all atrocious when it comes to set pieces and crosses. We can't play like we have been, we really have to utilize the flanks today.