November 22, 2017, 07:11:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]: Everton vs West Ham United  (Read 24850 times)

January 07, 2015, 06:12:08 AM
Reply #720

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He looked a really good player in the making back then but never quite hit the heights.

Injury robbed him of his pace. His decision making and reading of the game was always top notch. Always felt he could've done better than West Ham.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2015, 07:11:53 AM
Reply #721

Cuttyblue

This is only decent if we take it on, get twatted by city, lose the replay then it was pointless

I really really hope that's a season changing goal

This is a good point to make.  But more important than beating City or getting through to the fourth Cup round is ENDING THIS HORRIBLE SKID we're on.

Look, I think it's pretty obvious that there is no way back to challenge for Top 6 from here.  We're probably going to take a financial hit from finishing, I would predict, around 9/10th compared to what our expectations were.

But winning certain football matches matter.  I want to see us go deep, deep into the final rounds of the Europa and defeat BOTH Manu and the shite at home.  We all do.  All three of these goals are completely realistic.

Plenty of opportunity to enjoy the rest of this season... so COYB and let's do it. 

January 07, 2015, 07:22:42 AM
Reply #722

Django

NSNO Subscriber

Hibbert is injured definitely out of tonight. Even if he wasnt, couldn't condone the Coleman out shout! He has been poor going forward but I actually thought first half against hull he seemed a bit more lively so I think another game and hopefully good performance might get him back on track.

With the wider point i know what you mean about not a priority and not getting dragged into a relegation battle is key. However we are playing tha badly people are so down I just don't think another defeat tonight playing badly can happen it would tip a lot of people over the edge. Plus I think after such a disappointing season we need all the hope we can get by way of a chance in the cup!

I was only saying to play Hibbert to give Coleman a rest from the team to be more fresh for City, rather than drop him as such.

Thought Coleman played a lot better tonight. The defence just looks a lot more solid without Alcaraz in it.

January 07, 2015, 08:15:25 AM
Reply #723

Alfie Noakes

we were shit for 89 minutes and then came alive

rescued our season that goal though

Everton weren't shit for 89 minutes you fool, they played pretty well for most of the game considering their overall form and confidence at the moment. I agree that this should be the turning point though and I think it will.
Hail Lukaku MotM!!

January 07, 2015, 12:59:30 PM
Reply #724

Simon Paul

Administrator

Everton weren't shit for 89 minutes you fool, they played pretty well for most of the game considering their overall form and confidence at the moment. I agree that this should be the turning point though and I think it will.
Hail Lukaku MotM!!

West Ham walked through us several times

Jags was mistake after mistake

Barry likewise

And that punch from Joel near the end? Jesus!

We got a late goal though so it's all good

I was in the street end by the way

January 07, 2015, 01:54:18 PM
Reply #725

cjohno100

there were positives tonight, halting a run of defeats, lukaku looked very good, i thought oviedo had a decent game and with a run will come good, i like besic and would like to see him with mcarthy as i dont think barry is a help at the moment, there were times in the last 20 odd minutes off the first half i thought we looked like getting back to our best and we actually attacked with some pace and looked dangerous, and then we start the second half on the back foot and back to our slow ponderous self, would love to know whats said at half time. oh and i thought robles looked a little better.

January 07, 2015, 01:54:32 PM
Reply #726

Toddacelli

We fought hard, didn't give up, created chances and rescued it at the death with a goal from a very young striker with a big price tag so that will have given him a boost.

That result (yes - even a draw) can be used as a springboard to other things. It's up to us how well we use that springboard...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 07, 2015, 02:35:36 PM
Reply #727

School of Science

West Ham walked through us several times

Jags was mistake after mistake

Barry likewise

And that punch from Joel near the end? Jesus!

We got a late goal though so it's all good

I was in the street end by the way

We weren't great but at least we showed some invention up front and at last some fight, was getting sick and tired of us getting bullied out of games all the time. The positives, Lukaku's best game of the season, superb last night, Besic also excellent, Oviedo shone. Agree with Jags and Barry though.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 07, 2015, 03:10:16 PM
Reply #728

Paddockoldie

Get the fucking fuck in there you fucking fucks

Zoolander.... Thank you for that comment mate. I was on the verge of suicide before we scored and when I saw that comment and the others... I nearly pissed me pants and at 52, that's not good... Made up we came back from the death.
I also agree that this was like the Oxford game with Inchy's goal at the death.... I hope the outcome is the same too and we now march onward Evertonians!!!!!

January 07, 2015, 04:45:22 PM
Reply #729

Zoolander

Get the fucking fuck in there you fucking fucks

Zoolander.... Thank you for that comment mate. I was on the verge of suicide before we scored and when I saw that comment and the others... I nearly pissed me pants and at 52, that's not good... Made up we came back from the death.
I also agree that this was like the Oxford game with Inchy's goal at the death.... I hope the outcome is the same too and we now march onward Evertonians!!!!!
My pleasure.
As you can tell I was getting rid of some pent up Everton Frustration!