October 17, 2019, 12:05:54 PM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 249730 times)

July 19, 2018, 04:21:27 PM
Reply #2220

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Building on the momentum they had from last season, people should be concerned.

If this was Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Utd doing this sort of business after the season they had last year people would be tipping them to do very well.

Instead it seems there’s a lot of poking fingers in ears shouting “la la la la.....”

Yeah but you’re a massive downer who finds a negative in pretty much everything?

People have been saying this about spurs for 3 years but their manager is a bottler too.

The neighbours have done the same business all the top clubs do. It’s what you do with it that counts and so far they’ve done fuck all and any natural winners they have tend to fuck off fairly rapidly.

July 19, 2018, 05:31:50 PM
Reply #2221

Macca77

Yeah but you’re a massive downer who finds a negative in pretty much everything?

People have been saying this about spurs for 3 years but their manager is a bottler too.

The neighbours have done the same business all the top clubs do. It’s what you do with it that counts and so far they’ve done fuck all and any natural winners they have tend to fuck off fairly rapidly.

They've spend big to try and bridge the 25 point gap between themselves and City, their deluded fans and the media have made an awful lot of noise because of it. Meanwhile Guardiola and City have gone about their business very quietly, they've brought in even more quality in Mahrez, and will add more players before the window closes. Lewondowski been linked over the last few days, once City identify a player they want, they normally get him.

United will bring a few more in, despite what Jose's been saying
Spurs will do the same, they're notorious slow starters during the transfer window
Chelsea have sorted their manager out and already brought one player in, Sari has said he wants 3 or 4 more quality additions.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:33:28 PM by Macca77 »

July 19, 2018, 05:36:03 PM
Reply #2222

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Building on the momentum they had from last season, people should be concerned.

If this was Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Utd doing this sort of business after the season they had last year people would be tipping them to do very well.

Instead it seems there’s a lot of poking fingers in ears shouting “la la la la.....”

The same people were on here tipping them for the league last season. They didn't even come close, and only just finished 4th.

They've improved but so will all the teams around them.

Until they add some winners and change manager I'm not worried.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 19, 2018, 07:57:57 PM
Reply #2223

Ross

The same people were on here tipping them for the league last season. They didn't even come close, and only just finished 4th.

They've improved but so will all the teams around them.

Until they add some winners and change manager I'm not worried.

Don’t recall anybody on here tipping them for the league? Don’t even see anyone saying they’ll win it this year either.

They’ve improved massively on the two positions most people on here or in the real world were saying was holding them back in these last 6 months, spending £150m to do so. They’ve added a new core to the middle of the park with two very highly rated players as well this summer. Nobody else at the top has done that yet and they’re clearly building on the momentum they had for the last 6 months of the season. None of the other top clubs have identified major weaknesses in their squads and gone out and tried to fill them like they’ve done and it’s all come off the back of them reaching a major final and just falling short in the areas they’re addressing or have addressed.

As for this “winners” thing, they’ve got plenty of players with medals to their names but is it really that important? Last great Everton team didn’t have many “winners” in it till it suddenly did, neither did Leicester a coupe of years ago until they did.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 19, 2018, 08:12:44 PM
Reply #2224

Bluedylan

I'm just looking at it from a football perspective, not being a downer or whatever.

They've got a much better keeper, which was a massive weakness. They've upgraded massively in the midfield. Keita and Fabinho are big upgrades on Wijnaldum and Can, imo. And Shaqiri is a big upgrade on their backup for the front three. And talk is that Fekir will ending up joining them, which is another great option.

They're the only team to dominate Man City H2H last season. Yes, they finished well behind in the end, but they did go all out for the CL.

I just think they were very good last season, and they have improved important areas in the squad, so it's completely normal to think they will be closer to City, and probably above all of the others.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 19, 2018, 08:19:09 PM
Reply #2225

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Im saying it now, they will win the league next year. City will be all out for Champs League...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 19, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
Reply #2226

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Im saying it now, they will win the league next year. City will be all out for Champs League...

You said they were going to win it last year.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 19, 2018, 08:52:15 PM
Reply #2227

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
You said they were going to win it last year.

I just like to be prepared :)
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 19, 2018, 08:55:24 PM
Reply #2228

Macca77

Nah, City again for me

July 19, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
Reply #2229

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Would help if their manager wasn’t a massive bottle job, but whatever.

July 19, 2018, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #2230

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just looking at it from a football perspective, not being a downer or whatever.

They've got a much better keeper, which was a massive weakness. They've upgraded massively in the midfield. Keita and Fabinho are big upgrades on Wijnaldum and Can, imo. And Shaqiri is a big upgrade on their backup for the front three. And talk is that Fekir will ending up joining them, which is another great option.

They're the only team to dominate Man City H2H last season. Yes, they finished well behind in the end, but they did go all out for the CL.

I just think they were very good last season, and they have improved important areas in the squad, so it's completely normal to think they will be closer to City, and probably above all of the others.

Did I quote you on that one? I was meant to quote another post.

July 19, 2018, 10:37:37 PM
Reply #2231

Bluedylan

Did I quote you on that one? I was meant to quote another post.

No, just replying to a few of your general points.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

July 20, 2018, 06:38:26 PM
Reply #2232

Bluenose 91

I think I'd have to kill myself if they won it.

As shit as it is being too young to have ever seen Everton win anything at least I haven't had to see Liverpool win the league as well.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:56:18 PM by Bluenose 91 »

July 20, 2018, 07:27:29 PM
Reply #2233

Macca77

I think I'd have to kill myself if they won it.

As shit as it is being too young to have ever seen Everton win anything at least I haven't had to see Liverpool win the league as well.

Steady on.

This season will be their best chance to win it, their squad is incredibly strong, but still nowhere near as strong as City's
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:29:32 PM by Macca77 »

July 21, 2018, 06:45:48 PM
Reply #2234

Bluedylan

Jadon Sancho's already making massive waves in Dortmund's first team. Apparently was their best player against Man City yesterday. Being compared to Dembele. Going to be a massive player for England in the coming years.