September 19, 2019, 11:04:46 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 244543 times)

February 12, 2019, 04:23:45 AM
Reply #2550

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly so, but around £15 million a year better?
Nah defo not like but I'd rather have Ramsey than sigurdsson all day long
Simply simply lovely

February 12, 2019, 04:25:22 AM
Reply #2551

Macca77

They can afford to pay huge wages, the amount of players they've signed over the year's for fuck all

February 12, 2019, 04:32:04 AM
Reply #2552

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
They report the before tax figure everywhere though?

Not over here they donít. At least I donít think so unless somebody can correct me?

Ramsey isnít taking home 400k, as I know they report the figures differently in Italy.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 12, 2019, 07:23:12 AM
Reply #2553

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Not over here they donít. At least I donít think so unless somebody can correct me?

Ramsey isnít taking home 400k, as I know they report the figures differently in Italy.

That's what I mean though, Sandro isn't taking home £120k per week, that's what we pay him before tax.

February 12, 2019, 07:21:22 PM
Reply #2554

Ross

That's what I mean though, Sandro isn't taking home £120k per week, that's what we pay him before tax.

Christ imagine if it was. Him and Schneiderlin would be taking almost half a million pound out the club weekly. Sigurdsson would be on about £285k!

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 12, 2019, 07:36:16 PM
Reply #2555

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

That sounds strange but Iím sure itís the case.

Either way, they report the figures in such a way in Italy that makes the players look like theyíre getting a lot more than they actually are.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 12, 2019, 08:36:38 PM
Reply #2556

Cereal Killer

That sounds strange but Iím sure itís the case.

Either way, they report the figures in such a way in Italy that makes the players look like theyíre getting a lot more than they actually are.

You mean like, it's in euros? 🤔

Ramsey will be on £400k, only PL player who gets more is £500k Sanchez is on at United

February 12, 2019, 10:54:58 PM
Reply #2557

KoemansNumberTens

Welcome to the brave and mad new world of football economics. Any player just better than average will refuse a new contract in the hope of this kind of salary/signing-on windfall.

Maybe being a little unfair on Ramsey (or maybe not) but, seriously, £400k a week for a 'good' attacking MF. Sigurdsson must be kicking himself (or his agent) that his contract has 3 years to run.

Sigurdsson is apparently on 160k a week. Heís doing as well as Ramsey at maximising his talent and he didnít even have to run his contract down to do it

February 12, 2019, 11:53:16 PM
Reply #2558

Gumpinio

I thought all the wages reported in our media were pre-tax wages, perhaps they report the wages post-tax in the Italian media?

Listening to some podcasts in work today and one had Messi as the highest earner in football earning sixty five million a year, which is one and a quarter million euros a week (or maybe it was pounds), whereas another had Ronaldo as Juves' top earner on half a million a week
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 16, 2019, 09:28:17 PM
Reply #2559

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To think there are people on here claiming Ramsey isn't good enough for Everton lolol

Good enough sure, a good signing is something else like
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 22, 2019, 04:06:07 PM
Reply #2560

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea banned from signing players for 2 transfer windows

February 22, 2019, 07:56:55 PM
Reply #2561

Cereal Killer

Mike Ashley is appealing and wanting to know why Newcastle can't get that as well  lolol

February 22, 2019, 11:44:30 PM
Reply #2562

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

Good job they've already bagged Barkley. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 08, 2019, 11:03:19 PM
Reply #2563

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47500863

The inconsistency does seem a bit odd. Brexit negotiation tactic? ;)

April 04, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
Reply #2564

Macca77