November 28, 2020, 08:29:34 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 346336 times)

January 06, 2015, 10:53:48 PM
Read 346336 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

June 30, 2015, 12:21:12 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Cech to Arsenal confirmed.

Great signing for them. Genuine title contenders?

For sure.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

June 08, 2016, 08:08:02 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well that confused the fuck out of me. Opened this thread on my phone and it took me to the last page I visited on it. Exactly a year ago to the day.

May 16, 2017, 07:31:38 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Seen a rumour that Fellaini is maybe off to Turkey.

He's 29.

29!!! Where has the time gone? I thought he was about 27 max.

February 03, 2018, 08:16:04 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sterling is one of the worst finishers I've ever seen. No idea how he's got so many goals this season. Missed a bigger sitter than Niasse.

Come on City.

July 05, 2018, 01:03:21 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12961/11426155/real-madrid-consider-88m-bid-for-cristiano-ronaldo-from-juventus

They'd be insane not to take that. I know Ronaldo is still world class, but he's going to be on borrowed time very soon. Huge investment considering his age.

August 13, 2018, 06:55:56 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1028374166754545665

Good to know we're not the only ones with expensive flops. At least Bolasie didn't cost as much as him and we got a few games out of him.

February 06, 2020, 08:19:21 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Transfer window back to the end of August now instead of the start of the season.

Good. That makes sense. Last summer was really stupid.

February 06, 2020, 08:43:02 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There was good intention behind it though.

Perhaps, but only if all the other leagues followed suit.

Another option would be to start every league at the beginning of September and cut back on the number of internationals and have the window open July and August only. That would be ideal.