October 23, 2019, 07:27:23 PM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 250998 times)

January 07, 2015, 12:54:19 AM
Read 250998 times

Ross

Strange one though as he'll be playing in the ACN soon and obviously Ivory Coast are up there as one of the favourites, it's not like he can help the injury crisis now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 12, 2015, 01:22:07 AM
Reply #1

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 27, 2015, 10:58:11 PM
Reply #2

Ross

The whole Sky OB on deadline day always reminded me of Swap Shop when they'd go to Chegwin on a Saturday morning in Middlesbough or somewhere surround by a hundred odd 10-13 year olds smoking and necking cans of special brew.

January 30, 2015, 03:54:25 PM
Reply #3

Ross

The Red shites voice in the Telegraph reckons they want to do a deal to buy Ings and loan him back to Burnely for the rest of the season.

Can't see the point in it myself if he's free in the summer and they don't get the benefit of him for the rest of the season.

January 30, 2015, 04:43:05 PM
Reply #4

Ross

So let me get this straight - Liverpool are effectively paying Burnley money to sign him on a precontract?  :bonk:

Yeah that's what their man in the telegraphy reckons their considering, and he really is "their" man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11378545/Liverpool-transfer-news-Brendan-Rodgers-hopes-to-sign-Danny-Ings-this-month-but-loan-him-back-to-Burnley.html

January 30, 2015, 06:39:52 PM
Reply #5

Ross

Well he can't actually sign a pre contract with an English club.

But I suppose they'd be guaranteeing signing him ahead of anyone else.

Yeah I realise that but it's an odd thing to do isn't it. There not going to be competing for his signature against the likes of Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, teams he'd choose over them. It will be the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Us going after him in the summer, are they really that worried they'll lose out to other teams that they'd waste 4-5m now and let him stay there just to get him?

As everyone knows they love to waste money but that's just ridiculous if you ask me.

February 03, 2015, 05:14:51 AM
Reply #6

Ross

West Brom fans must be happy, Anichebie and Cole up front and Berahino on the left of midfield chasing the over lap..

May 17, 2016, 08:35:01 PM
Reply #7

Ross

I'm sure last week somebody posted how they wished we'd be more like West Ham with regards to transfers...

May 20, 2016, 10:22:51 PM
Reply #8

Ross

Arsenal doing some early shopping by buying yet another central midfielder.

June 25, 2016, 12:01:25 AM
Reply #9

Ross

If the shite sign another Southampton player both clubs should be investigated for money laundering.

By my reckoning that'd be something like 100m spent in 3 years on roughly 50m worth of talent.

June 28, 2016, 06:29:47 AM
Reply #10

Ross

Just like Koeman will for us Pardew is bound to attract players on his previous playing reputation...

....or maybe they'll always chase the money?

June 28, 2016, 06:32:32 AM
Reply #11

Ross

Plus, I can only presume the 100M is the money Moshiri is investing himself. Of his own money.

You would like to think on top of that we will also have money we have earned through our own commercial revenue, sponsorship, gate receipts etc.

We spent 28M on Lukaku before Moshiri invested, no one knows exactly how much we have to spend, 100M could just be a ball park figure, I don't believe it will be bang on EXACTLY that.

The mot important thing is you would like to think it would give us more of an edge.

Cozzie he's never going to give up a 1/10 of his wealth for Everton to buy football players this summer.

July 17, 2016, 03:18:57 AM
Reply #12

Ross

You've just made yourself the first target for the NSNO coup.

It only takes one match to burn a thousand trees..

August 06, 2016, 06:07:25 PM
Reply #13

Ross

Maybe Swansea had to sell someone so they could increase their wage will.

August 30, 2016, 09:13:24 PM
Reply #14

Ross

Starting to get going now it seems, a few clubs looking very active.

Oh and Lucas Perez needs a new agent if he's signed for Arsenal on just 40k a week like the guardian reckon.