September 19, 2019, 05:36:19 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 244428 times)

January 07, 2015, 04:03:53 AM
Read 244428 times

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
What happened to City being restricted by FFP his year?

January 19, 2015, 03:56:02 AM
Reply #1

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Why are Sky hyping up Deadline Day when it's two weeks out like it's some kind of major PPV event?

January 19, 2015, 04:06:16 AM
Reply #2

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair it is a main event when you think about it. Worryingly people take the day off work for it! Think it's all daft myself but you can't help get caught up when your clubs involved in transfers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go PPV in the future.

But why advertise it two weeks out?  I understand for PPVs and your trying to generate buys, but to see Jim White and his shitty yellow tie talk to a reporter getting attacked with a purple dildo? Nah.

January 30, 2015, 09:08:51 PM
Reply #3

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
In a statement, Burnley said: "This kind of deal is prohibited by the Premier League under rule V7 which states that a player cannot be purchased and loaned back between Premier League clubs in the same transfer window."

Chief Executive Lee Hoos added: "This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen. Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won't be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter."

Is right, the boys

I didn't know that was a rule, and it would appear neither did a lot of journos.

April 19, 2015, 08:01:50 PM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Winston Reid saying today he turned down Arsenal, Spurs and the Shite to stay at West Ham because he wants to win things is like me saying I'm off to an all you can eat buffet because I want to lose weight.

May 08, 2015, 01:12:39 AM
Reply #5

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
22m for Memphis Depay.  United over inflating the market for the rest again early this summer.

June 04, 2015, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #6

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I like Milner! but that's a fuckload of money for someone who's redeeming quality is 'they work hard'.

June 19, 2015, 03:27:37 PM
Reply #7

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Joe Gomez to the Shite for 3.5 million. Good player there.

And their paying for it by shipping out Coates for 5m?!  No wonder Sunderland are battling relegation every year paying over the odds for shite.

June 23, 2015, 04:07:30 PM
Reply #8

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Mandzukic to Inter for 13M. That's quite a steal.

They were reporting 19m on the radio yesterday and I thought that was good, 13m is most definitely a steal.

June 23, 2015, 10:21:50 PM
Reply #9

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I completely missed this the other day http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33193064.  I always thought he looked a decent player, and would do better in a better team.  To see him drop to the Championship is a bit of a head-scratcher.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:53:00 PM by Shogun »

June 23, 2015, 11:05:49 PM
Reply #10

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

June 24, 2015, 04:00:19 AM
Reply #11

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Firminho to the shite to be sealed within 24h according to Sky, and United set to offer 30m + De Gea for 'El Grande Shithouse' Sergio Ramos.  That second one there has nearly done me.  I just cannot in anyway shape or form get my head round that valuation of Ramos.

July 04, 2015, 11:27:33 PM
Reply #12

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
RVP off to Fenerbache.  If they sign him and Nani surely they won't be able to afford Mirallas as well?

July 07, 2015, 09:53:52 PM
Reply #13

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like the echo have given one of the work experience kids the password to add articles.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-transfers-best-players-europe-9600257

I know its sort of Everton related, but its that frigging tenuous I thought it best fit in here.  That list and its valuations of players is absolutely laughable.  Any writer who includes Younes Kaboul in a list of 'top defenders' of any distinction* isn't worth taking seriously.

*Unless its a list of the best defenders called Younes Kaboul and he gets in by default
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:54:09 PM by Goaljira »

July 11, 2015, 01:51:29 AM
Reply #14

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I like Delph but he isn't champions league quality

No, but he is a good English player who because of a clause in his contract isn't extortionately priced.  He's effectively replacing Milner.