0 (0%)
McGeady
0 (0%)
Lukaku
21 (36.8%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester City  (Read 21648 times)

January 10, 2015, 12:33:49 AM
Reply #60

Gash

Global Moderator
He's saying 'Aguero, Kompany and Dzeko? That's cute.'

He's probably trying figure a way of taking three bookings and staying on the park

January 10, 2015, 12:40:25 AM
Reply #61

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Kanchelskis back for Everton....I wish, apparently on the pitch at half time, wonder what reception he'll get ? Hero when he was here, but left somewhat under a cloud. On another note Martin Atkinson is the ref  ::)
Should get a great reception (not Atkinson that f.... c...) - his son being a passionate Evertonian shouldn't harm him att all

January 10, 2015, 12:41:54 AM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I've got his son on twitter.

Loves the blues.

January 10, 2015, 12:52:27 AM
Reply #63

The Analog Kid

I remember a few lads trying to get a Kanchelskis song started to the tune of "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.

It didn't do too well.

January 10, 2015, 12:59:36 AM
Reply #64

Thornton_19

I remember a few lads trying to get a Kanchelskis song started to the tune of "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.

It didn't do too well.

I am all about that idea.

January 10, 2015, 03:51:03 AM
Reply #65

School of Science

I've got his son on twitter.

Loves the blues.

Does he play on the wing ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 10, 2015, 04:24:40 AM
Reply #66

Tony Clifton

Surely we cant rest Lukaku after that performance against West Ham?

With him voicing his opinions on the style of play, bobby listening and then as a result Lukaku giving one of his best performances of the season surely suggests that it would be a momentum killer to drop him and start Kone?

I would hope not, a win in this really isn't beyond us (Even though i've predicted 5-1 loss haha) we where incredibly unlucky not to get anything out of the game against them at the Etihad, the poor refereeing and a wonder save from Joe Hart cost us.

Just hope Aguero doesn't make it, even him at 5% fit is bad enough.

I feel we really need the early goal.

As long as Barkley plays where he should, then we will always be a threat to them.

Lukaku first goalscorer, draw = money and a big point. ;)  If he doesn't start I will ask questions.  Of no-one in particular, on here.  After the game.

Kanchelskis back for Everton....I wish, apparently on the pitch at half time, wonder what reception he'll get ? Hero when he was here, but left somewhat under a cloud. On another note Martin Atkinson is the ref  ::)

He'll get nothing but applause from me.  16 goals in his first season and we still didn't make Europe IIRC.
Disappointed he went when he did, carried "strange circumstance" wherever he went, and not exactly a Rooney situation.  Beast of a player for us.

January 10, 2015, 05:53:11 AM
Reply #67

Ross

It didn't do too well.

Break it down..

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:57:21 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 10, 2015, 10:39:09 AM
Reply #68

bluenuck

Agreed.

Even if we don't win this (or the replay) we need to look like we're improving.

The best chance of that happening is if we keep as settled a side as possible.

Agreed. The only changes should be Baines in for Oviedo, Stones in for Distin. That shouldn't rock the boat at all.

Let the front four, and Barry and Besic get to know each other.

January 10, 2015, 02:33:14 PM
Reply #69

Robioto

I honestly think we will get a result here. I haven't had that feeling for a while now, but this has got turning point written all over it. I think the right noises are coming out of the club at the moment to suggest we will respond and maybe the pressure is off a bit as we aren't really expected to get anything given our atrotious form.

January 10, 2015, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #70

ally2

I'm trying to be optimistic but it's hard.

January 10, 2015, 04:42:03 PM
Reply #71

Gash

Global Moderator
Everton v Man City (15:00 GMT)
Posted at 10:16
Everton have lost seven, drawn two and won one of their last 10 games in all competitions, leading to speculation over the future of manager Roberto Martinez.

Leighton Baines is fit after missing Tuesday's FA Cup tie against West Ham with a minor injury suffered on New Year's Day.

Antolin Alcaraz returns from suspension but Sylvain Distin has a groin problem and joins a lengthy injury list.

Joint-leaders City have captain Vincent Kompany available after overcoming a hamstring problem.

Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko are also in the squad after a month out with knee and calf injuries respectively.

Yaya Toure is unavailable, having flown to Equatorial Guinea to play in the Africa Cup of Nations.
The last time City won a Premier League away match without him in their team was at Arsenal on 13 January 2013

A small crumb of comfort at the end.

Awaits "but we're Everton............" comment.  :)

January 10, 2015, 05:06:27 PM
Reply #72

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's never about the opposition with us anyway, especially this season if we lose it will be because we beat ourselves. Can't wait to see our defence flapping at headers in this wind.

January 10, 2015, 05:08:13 PM
Reply #73

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Has City signed Bony yet?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 10, 2015, 05:11:18 PM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
Has City signed Bony yet?

No but he's at the African Cup of Nations anyway.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth