November 22, 2017, 03:24:01 PM

Author Topic: TV Thread III  (Read 26541 times)

January 13, 2015, 10:42:29 PM
Reply #45

Lincs Toffee

Fairly sure that Netflix UK will have the entire series of Better Call Saul up at once, either on or shortly after  Feb 8th. They have bought in big to Breaking Bad and it will be a similar deal to how they do Orange is the new black, house of cards, Bojack, Marco Polo, Arrested Development

I hope so...would be nice to see Mike again !...im not expecting much tbh but hope to be pleasantly surprised, I just think Saul will eventually get on my tits after a while, it was ok for a few cameos each episode in BB but to have him on screen pretty much all the time could get annoying.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 13, 2015, 10:45:11 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Fairly sure that Netflix UK will have the entire series of Better Call Saul up at once, either on or shortly after  Feb 8th. They have bought in big to Breaking Bad and it will be a similar deal to how they do Orange is the new black, house of cards, Bojack, Marco Polo, Arrested Development

The thing is with that list is that they were either fully or majorly financed by Netflix, BCS is a joint venture between Sony and AMC. If AMC is rolling out BCS weekly then i think it would be tricky to have the entire season available on demand from week one. How does iTunes deal with GoT? Do they play it the same day as the premier or do they just have the rental rights after the season is done. That said, it could totally happen!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:59:23 PM by Bob Sacamano »

January 13, 2015, 10:49:51 PM
Reply #47

Lincs Toffee

We get GOT on Sky Atlantic a week later than it is shown in US, not sure about iTunes but I would imagine they wouldn't get the series until the it has aired fully in the UK.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 13, 2015, 10:58:27 PM
Reply #48

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Always found it really weird how some of the very best US TV shows (BB, The Wire) have ended up on minority channels over here, and been messed about in the scheduling. Would've though the big TV companies would be fighting over them, the way Sops was on CH4 and Mad Men on BB4 and then Sky Atlantic.

Why is that, Craigster? Maybe they were thought of as too niche for the outlay, I dunno?

I assume that it costs a fortune to purchase and distribute HBO products. But I also assume that it would be worth the outlay in the long run if you market it correctly. But my knowledge of UK tv industry is pretty bog standard though tbh. I think the wire was on the BBC2 graveyard shift like a year after the entire series finished, so they weren't exactly hot on its heels. Did they even make it through to the end? Did it not meet the BBC mission statement?

I find it very strange that BB was binned by 5star and not picked up by another channel. But it could always have been a problem with AMC as it was beginning to become really popular in the UK around that time if I remember correctly.  Another thing about AMC is that they did become a major player in quality television and ridiculously expensive to deal with after Mad Men came around (remember that argument about contracts etc that caused like 2 yr gap between Mad Men seasons), the dates might correlate with the 5star dropping of BB?

January 14, 2015, 06:23:01 PM
Reply #49

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Is Turn any good?

January 14, 2015, 07:16:14 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I assume HBO have some sort of exclusive deal with Sky Atlantic, and possibly Netflix may have done the same with Breaking Bad and Sons Of Anarchy?

Netflix UK have exclusive rights to Better Call Saul in this country, so that is why I am expecting the full series to be on there in 1 block although this could well be after the entire series has aired in the US I suppose. Everything is so accessible these days because of torrents so we will be watching it pretty much within hours after it's been on in the US if we really want to

I bought a 1tb hard drive last year and just download shows through torrents and lash them on there. We are living in a golden age of TV accessibility!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 14, 2015, 09:37:06 PM
Reply #51

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is Turn any good?

Thought it was boring. Lasted 3 episodes.

History Channel is doing a three parter called the Sons of Liberty which looks good and deals with the revolution too.

All over a taxing a bit of tea.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 16, 2015, 02:19:38 AM
Reply #52

Shogun

Administrator
Anyone watched The Affair?

I'm on episode four and it is interesting but finding it a drag to get through.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:19:59 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 16, 2015, 02:21:41 AM
Reply #53

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Loving freaks and geeks :D
I have to return some videotapes.

January 16, 2015, 02:24:35 AM
Reply #54

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Anyone watched The Affair?

I'm on episode four and it is interesting but finding it a drag to get through.

Too lazy to read the thread?

January 16, 2015, 02:28:12 AM
Reply #55

Shogun

Administrator

Too lazy to read the thread?

Sorry pal I'm on TapaTalk

January 16, 2015, 03:19:15 AM
Reply #56

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Sorry pal I'm on TapaTalk

I demand blood.

January 16, 2015, 03:36:45 AM
Reply #57

Shogun

Administrator
Anyone know if it's worth watching The Affair?

Now I'm on my laptop your comment makes sense.

I've only watched the first four episodes which is less than half of the show so I can't really provide too much comment.

It goes at a pretty slow pace so far which I think is a good thing for the sort of show it is and a pleasant change from the usual American shows at the moment. The affair is what the whole show has focused on so far with a murder investigation as a sub plot. So far the show has been the two characters individually recounting the events of how their affair started and progressed in front of an investigating officer in the present day. The first half of each episode is shown through the eyes/memory of the male protagonist and the second half of the show is the same events through the eyes/memory of the female protagonist. It may not sound that great on description but it's pretty much the pull of the two lead stars that makes the series flow, the complexity of their characters and their pasts as well as what's going on around them.

I'm only on episode four so I can't say more than that, it is worth a watch to see if you like it though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:39:04 AM by Shogun »

January 16, 2015, 04:46:51 AM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Back on The Sopranos re-watch. Absolutely Loving it.

January 16, 2015, 06:27:17 AM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Watched the first episode of Wentworth. Was really good.

Now I'm watching the first ever episode of Prisoner on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OAmKVgyW38

Classic stuff.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney