0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.6%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
16 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 52623 times)

January 14, 2015, 04:40:20 AM
Reply #15

toffee_scot

Anyway, despite not going through, once again we showed immense character despite being down to 10 men and playing away to one of the surprise teams of the season.

Let's hope the players can take heart in that performance and smash West Brom in the next game.

January 14, 2015, 04:42:11 AM
Reply #16

toffee_scot

Did you see the way that arrogant fucker Adrian threw his gloves off behind him AS he was taking his run up for the penalty.

The gamesmanship he was allowed to get away with in that whole shoot-out was just like the Dutch keeper in the World Cup.

Yet when Joel was trying to gain the psychological advantage over his opponent, the ref warned him that he would get sent off.

Fucking refs.

January 14, 2015, 04:54:20 AM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

McGeady was stupid but I can't really fault his determination during the game - I just hope he learns from it.

Very concerned about Barkley, I think he might just need a bit of time on the bench and get his act together. In the next game maybe we should start with Oviedo, Naismith and Mirallas to support Lukaku.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:54:52 AM by toffee_scot »

January 14, 2015, 05:00:28 AM
Reply #18

toffee_scot

Yeah, they were pretty much allowed to do what the fuck they liked.

Amalfitano's push on Baines was a disgrace.

Horrible club, horrible players, horrible fans, horrible place, big-faced manager.

I stupidly commented after the first half that the ref was having a good game too. How Andy Carroll managed to end the game without even picking up a booking is fucking ridiculous.

January 14, 2015, 05:03:32 AM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

The more David James talks the less I think he really knows.

Michael Owen's commentary was also quite a struggle to get through.

January 14, 2015, 05:20:22 AM
Reply #20

toffee_scot

It's been the shittiest season in recent times in terms of our domestic cup runs.

But at least we have past the run of 2 fixtures per week so players nursing any injuries have more time to recover properly and Martinez can use the free week in a fortnight's time either for team bonding activities or maybe organise a friendly against another team to try out some of the fringe players and a different formation.

January 14, 2015, 05:34:23 AM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

Where's everyone standing on Joel?

He had a great game overall and seems to be gaining more and more confidence.

Maybe not quite so great in the penalty shootouts but I can't stand penalty shootouts anyway and I wonder if an alternative way of deciding a tie could be thought of which is less to do with luck of the draw.

January 14, 2015, 05:46:14 AM
Reply #22

toffee_scot

You think pens are a bad way of going out of the cup but it's worse in rugby. If a game is a draw it is decided on the team who scored the most tries. If they are level at that it's the away team. Was watching a local game the other day. Side from Division 6 played at home against a side from Div 1. With two minutes to go the underdogs are 3-0 up. Last minute penalty to Div 1 side takes it to 3-3 and they go through. Heart breaking

Yeah that sounds shit and unfair. I wonder if they should have extra time in rugby or something similar.