0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.6%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
16 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 50913 times)

January 14, 2015, 05:25:44 AM
Reply #900

The Analog Kid

How many keepers save penalties though? It's fuckin' solid when you're expected to stay almost completely still on your line whilst some twat takes a run up from twelve yards out. Major advantage to the taker.

January 14, 2015, 05:27:49 AM
Reply #901

bluenuck

That's 3 straight games I've loved the overall effort, but the final score didn't go our way.

I said it after the first tie with West Ham, that it's going to take 3-5 games like this of playing better, but not getting results that we want, to get out of this massive slump we are in. A team can't play so poorly for so long then just start winning. They have to figure it out first, and I'm now much more confident that they have. If we keep this up results that we all want will come very shortly.

January 14, 2015, 05:28:01 AM
Reply #902

MmmblueBernard

Where's everyone standing on Joel?

Made some fantastic saves and was at times commanding of his area. That said his positioning was piss poor for the first goal and he was rooted to his line for the others.
He is improving though and that is encouraging.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 14, 2015, 05:30:33 AM
Reply #903

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Should be our number one if he keeps improving with confidence. great lad, quite sweet even if he does look like suarez
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 14, 2015, 05:30:53 AM
Reply #904

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
How many keepers save penalties though? It's fuckin' solid when you're expected to stay almost completely still on your line whilst some twat takes a run up from twelve yards out. Major advantage to the taker.

He wasn't even close to the vast majority of pens though, and most pens weren't that well taken. It wasn't like they were smashing them into the corners.

Just didn't look like a penalty stopper at all.

Hey ho though, I thought he was brilliant in the 120 mins, should take confidence from that performance, not be sad.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:31:11 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:32:10 AM
Reply #905

Evertonian in NC

I thought Joel was just being a goofy bastard.  Because he IS a goofy bastard.  The shit Adrien was pulling was proper poor sportsmanship, and not a word was said to him.

FS1 showed several slow motion replays of the Super Kev foul, and it was clear that he was in the box for the contact.  Not even close.

It was also clear that Super Kev initiated the contact, and we shouldn't have been given a free kick at all, let alone a pen.

I hate everything about West Ham, and I hope they all get the clap.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 14, 2015, 05:32:41 AM
Reply #906

Redartin

"Plucky 10 man Everton"

January 14, 2015, 05:33:03 AM
Reply #907

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Their keeper dived the same way for every pen and is a hero. Harsh critics on here for Joel and his performance in the pens
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2015, 05:33:43 AM
Reply #908

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2015, 05:33:44 AM
Reply #909

Alfie Noakes

Really gutted after that. Brilliant game, brilliant performance, brilliant support from the 3000... crap result.
Proud to be an Evertonian.

January 14, 2015, 05:34:02 AM
Reply #910

Evertonian in NC

Joel was a man possessed for 120 minutes, then acted liked he had never faced a PK before in his life.  I know it's not easy, but still...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 14, 2015, 05:34:23 AM
Reply #911

toffee_scot

He had a great game overall and seems to be gaining more and more confidence.

Maybe not quite so great in the penalty shootouts but I can't stand penalty shootouts anyway and I wonder if an alternative way of deciding a tie could be thought of which is less to do with luck of the draw.

January 14, 2015, 05:35:49 AM
Reply #912

bluenuck

Made some fantastic saves and was at times commanding of his area. That said his positioning was piss poor for the first goal and he was rooted to his line for the others.

There's really only a few guys who aren't improving over the last 3 games. I thought Jagielka, and Barry improved today. Barry still had his moments, but overall it was a good game from him.

All in all the last 3 games are encouraging. Minus the result, there are more positives then negatives.

January 14, 2015, 05:35:54 AM
Reply #913

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

Their keeper dived the same way for every pen and is a hero. Harsh critics on here for Joel and his performance in the pens

But doesn't that tell you that he had better reading for the pens than Joel, or did his homework better?

Don't want to argue over this as I don't think Joel should hang his head in any way, he played a stormer, but he needs to work on that area of his game.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:37:30 AM
Reply #914

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Fair assessment.

I'd be berating Howard for that 1st one so it's only fair to throw some doubts over Robles for it.

Some of his save we're astounding and he commanded his box better than Tim Howard ever has. Even when he punched he got a great connection on it.

Early days to say he should be number one, but Martinez has a big decision to make when Howard comes back
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown