0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.6%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
16 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 54586 times)

January 14, 2015, 05:23:21 AM
Read 54586 times

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted about that. Proper fa cup tie. Robles played his best game for Everton so shame it ended like that for him, needs to work on his penalty saving, didn't really get close, but he played a stormer otherwise.

David James is a twat of the first order, I really don't know why he has such a bee in his bonnet about us, most ex reds are usually quite complimentary.

I hate games in BT Sport.

Now just win the Europa league blues.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:30:53 AM
Reply #1

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
How many keepers save penalties though? It's fuckin' solid when you're expected to stay almost completely still on your line whilst some twat takes a run up from twelve yards out. Major advantage to the taker.

He wasn't even close to the vast majority of pens though, and most pens weren't that well taken. It wasn't like they were smashing them into the corners.

Just didn't look like a penalty stopper at all.

Hey ho though, I thought he was brilliant in the 120 mins, should take confidence from that performance, not be sad.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:31:11 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:35:54 AM
Reply #2

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

Their keeper dived the same way for every pen and is a hero. Harsh critics on here for Joel and his performance in the pens

But doesn't that tell you that he had better reading for the pens than Joel, or did his homework better?

Don't want to argue over this as I don't think Joel should hang his head in any way, he played a stormer, but he needs to work on that area of his game.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:49:34 AM
Reply #3

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I've often wondered about an ice hockey style of penalty where a player has the ball 30 yards out and has 15 seconds or so to put the ball in the net. Would put more emphasis on skill, but might be even more harsh on keepers.

I dunno, it's feels cruel when you lose but pens are simple, and get the job done. I don't mind them really.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 05:55:29 AM
Reply #4

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

I remember America having "penalties" with the player starting with the ball on the halfway or near to it and the having to run and try and take the keeper on.

Does this still happen?

Yeah that's kinda like the ice hockey system. Be interesting to see a few to see its pro cons.

No idea if it's still being used though, might imply if it works or not.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 06:13:19 AM
Reply #5

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
You know how you can tell you're not Canadian? You call it Ice Hockey.   :cheers:

But if you just call it Hockey, what do you guys call the 'other' hockey? Ground Hockey?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2015, 06:15:25 AM
Reply #6

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Field, or Grass hockey.

See, that's when we know your not British. ;)
Once A Blue NEVER a Red