4 (6.3%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 27126 times)

January 17, 2015, 08:09:40 AM
Read 27126 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v West Bromwich Albion
Goodison Park
Monday 19th January 20:00
Premier League Match #22

Everton - Last 5 domestic matches

Newcastle 3-2 Everton (Kone, Mirallas)
Hull City 2-0 Everton
Everton 1-1 West Ham - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Manchester City (Naismith)
West Ham 2-2 (9-8 pens) Everton - FA Cup (Mirallas, Lukaku)

West Brom - Last 5 domestic matches

West Brom 1-3 Man City (Ideye)
Stoke City 2-0 West Brom
West Ham 1-1 West Brom (Berahino)
West Brom 7-0 Gateshead (Berahino x4, Anichebe, Brunt, Morrison)
West Brom 1-0 Hull City (Berahino)

Everton

Everton broke a run of four defeats in a row in the Premier League with a spirited home draw against the reigning champions Manchester City. However the blue did suffer penalty heartache in the FA Cup on Tuesday against West Ham United. Everton have won just three matches at home this season which is only beaten by Aston Villa, Leicester City and Hull City who have won just 2 matches each as well as Sunderland who have managed just one victory. Only Swansea City (16) have lost more points from winning positions than the Toffees this season who have dropped 15 points so far. Everton have taken just 5 points from a possible 27 in recent Premier League matches.

Leighton Baines put his name in the Premier League record books during his last match, not that much was made it in the media. Baines provided Steven Naismith with the equaliser against Manchester City in what was his 46th assist in the Premier League and his 8th assist in 20 league matches this season. Only Fabregas (14), De Bruyne (10) and Ronaldo (9) have provided more assists across the top five leagues in Europe this season and the most any other defender has on the list is 4 goals. However it is quite common knowledge is no where near as good as Luke Shaw.

Possible Line ups

West Brom

Tony Pulis' first premier league match as West Brom match continued a great run of form which has seen him lose just 1 of his last 9 Premier League matches (W6 D2). Berahino slotted his 9th league goal of the season which makes him joint fourth in the current top goalscorers table. West Brom have failed to win in their last five matches away from home which is only worsened by their opponent Everton (6), Crystal Palace (8 ) and of course QPR (10). Only QPR have managed fewer goals (5) on the road than West Brom (6) so far this season. Saido Berahino has six goals in his last three matches in all competitions.

Six of the previous nine fixtures between these two managers have ended with the spoils being shared and incredibly, all but one of those fixtures drawn ended with a 2-2 scoreline. Tony Pulis' first win in this match up came in their latest meeting last season which was the only meeting not contested between Stoke City and Wigan Athletic as Everton saw their top four aspirations dashed after losing 3-2 at home to Crystal Palace in the previous campaign. Martinez has seen his side score in all nine fixtures against a Tony Pulis team.

Statistics & Injuries

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:08:27 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 17, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
Reply #1

Juanito

I would like to see Oviedo for Barkley, with Barkley coming on when the game opens up a bit. 

January 17, 2015, 05:32:27 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Good job as ever, but can you be more specific with the return dates from injury next time @Shogun?..

Need a year on the Gibson one at least.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 17, 2015, 05:57:18 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
11 fucking assists for Baines already.

He's a mad cunt him

January 17, 2015, 06:37:06 PM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Pleaaaase no Barkley on the wing. PLEAASE GOD.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 17, 2015, 06:40:25 PM
Reply #5

Tinga

Panic stations if we lose here or even draw.

January 17, 2015, 06:41:18 PM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

Pleaaaase no Barkley on the wing. PLEAASE GOD.

Is that a real life Louise from Bob's Burgers?  Made my day if so!

Agreed on Barkley, it's a conspiracy against Oviedo, it is.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:41:49 PM by Evertonian in NC »
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 17, 2015, 06:42:02 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I would like to see Oviedo for Barkley, with Barkley coming on when the game opens up a bit.
Game only opens up if west brom are chasing the game. At nil nil or heaven forbid one nil down pulis will squeeze the life out of the game.

Simply simply lovely

January 17, 2015, 06:45:44 PM
Reply #8

Evertonian in NC

Shouldn't we just come right out and smash these?  They're cute little birds, FFS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 17, 2015, 06:50:45 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
When was the last time we won a game? I forget.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 17, 2015, 06:51:28 PM
Reply #10

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
When was the last time we won a game? I forget.
Qpr..... Monday night football?

Simply simply lovely

January 17, 2015, 06:57:47 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That was well over a month ago, wasn't it?

Jeez, we have to win this.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 17, 2015, 06:59:27 PM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
11 fucking assists for Baines already.

He's a mad cunt him

I'm not sure it measures up well against Shaw's 0 goals and 0 assists.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 17, 2015, 06:59:45 PM
Reply #13

dazfrancis

Is Mirallas fit for this?

January 17, 2015, 07:04:11 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

Is Mirallas fit for this?

He's actually dead, but will still come on in the 60th minute, and boss it up.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:04:59 PM by Evertonian in NC »