4 (6.3%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Everton v West Brom  (Read 27367 times)

January 18, 2015, 12:12:46 PM
Reply #30

TSGun

We just have to continue in the same vein as the past 3 games and keep improving. If we maintain that we deserve to be warm favourites. The only negative possibility for mine is how much the extra time and emotional loss may have taken out of the team. Hopefully it's not a factor.

January 18, 2015, 03:45:01 PM
Reply #31

everton1952

I was reading that old 'arry at QPR is upset about the hints of his impending departure from QPR. Then I saw the league table which says he is 3 pts behind us. I never thought I would ever again be having these horrible thoughts. But it will be 6 pts after we beat WBA I hope, then we have a 2 week rest before the next game, maybe McCarthy back then?.

January 18, 2015, 05:28:51 PM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We just have to continue in the same vein as the past 3 games and keep improving. If we maintain that we deserve to be warm favourites. The only negative possibility for mine is how much the extra time and emotional loss may have taken out of the team. Hopefully it's not a factor.

I don't think extra time will have taken much out of the team to be honest. It will be nearly a week between games. Also, mentally, there should be little wrong as we came close to winning with 10 men after being a man down, so if anything that should be a positive.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 18, 2015, 06:05:24 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately not the good kind. Not trying to stir up controversy, but how many teams in the EPL do you think would still continue with their current manager with that stretch of games (only win against QPR)?

I think that number has to be less than 5, right?

Did we have as bad as run as this under Moyes? There is no real excuse for this run with the players we have. We should have had at least 2 wins.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 18, 2015, 06:51:20 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Massive game this.

Win and we're on the march to mid table mediocrity. Lose and we're entrenched in a relegation scrap, no matter how many people try to deny it.

January 18, 2015, 07:26:55 PM
Reply #35

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
With Palace and Chelsea away and the Derby coming up,this one really is a must win. Would be such a setback to lose this after improving in the last 3 games

We are in a relegation battle, mid table and a good run in Europe will have to do for us this season. Followed by a well prepared pre season and cutting a bit of deadwood in the summer as well as a few choice signings and hopefully we can really push on next year
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 18, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Reply #36

Shogun

Administrator
I think we have to win the Europa League otherwise we've taken a massive step backwards.

However, that's for another thread.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 18, 2015, 07:30:18 PM
Reply #37

Ross

I think we have to win the Europa League otherwise we've taken a massive step backwards.

Spot on.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 18, 2015, 08:45:58 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Agreed, and a lot of people seem to be saying 'we'll win the EL, I've got a feeling'. That's great, but it's going to be fucking hard, even if we play incredibly well all the way. You can't just say you're going to win any cup, there's so many variables and plenty of strong teams in it.

Also, if we don't start winning in the league immediately, we're going to find ourselves in the horrible situation of needing to win league games that are played either side of EL games meaning that we won't even be able to prioritise it the way we want to.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 18, 2015, 09:23:11 PM
Reply #39

Juanito

Agreed, and a lot of people seem to be saying 'we'll win the EL, I've got a feeling'. That's great, but it's going to be fucking hard, even if we play incredibly well all the way. You can't just say you're going to win any cup, there's so many variables and plenty of strong teams in it.

Also, if we don't start winning in the league immediately, we're going to find ourselves in the horrible situation of needing to win league games that are played either side of EL games meaning that we won't even be able to prioritise it the way we want to.

The only positive I can take from that, is if we do start winning games in the league immediately and become safe in mid table mediocrity, then we might be able to afford to put more onus on the Europa League, rather than battling for 4th or battling against the drop alongside it. Here's hoping.

January 18, 2015, 09:29:24 PM
Reply #40

indiantoffee1975

15 points behind West Ham now. Looks like 10th spot will be the highest position we'll realistically look to finish this season...if we can start picking up wins from tomorrow that is.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:38:26 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

January 18, 2015, 09:29:25 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

The only positive I can take from that, is if we do start winning games in the league immediately and become safe in mid table mediocrity, then we might be able to afford to put more onus on the Europa League, rather than battling for 4th or battling against the drop alongside it. Here's hoping.

Yeah, mid-table mediocrity could be a benefit in the way you describe. Good point. Ignore me, I'm hungover and West Ham depress the fuck out of me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 18, 2015, 09:44:19 PM
Reply #42

indiantoffee1975

The dilema is that the league matches sandwiched in between EL games are all at home and are absolutely crucial to get those 9 points against Leicester (Young boys 1st & 2nd leg), Newcastle (last 16 1st & 2nd leg) and Burnley (quarter finals 1st & 2nd leg)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:44:56 PM by indiantoffee1975 »

January 18, 2015, 10:35:42 PM
Reply #43

Stumpy

I would like to see Oviedo for Barkley, with Barkley coming on when the game opens up a bit. 

Me too,at the moment Barkley doesn't deserve to start.

January 18, 2015, 11:02:35 PM
Reply #44

mikey_blue

We need a win in the worst way.