November 19, 2017, 03:35:39 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 21049 times)

January 30, 2015, 05:51:43 PM
Reply #45

Bally

Administrator
2-1 Everton besic
It's the roll I way

January 30, 2015, 07:07:20 PM
Reply #46

Toddacelli

One team will score in under 10 minutes and then be on the back foot for the rest of a dire 80 minutes with about 2 clear chances each, only for Puncheon or Jagielka to equalise in the 92nd-94th minute from a corner or set-piece.

Both managers claim they had the better chances and should have taken them and that it was a hard earned point as "they're a really good side, there's no easy games at this level."

Everyone goes home disappointed.

NSNO blows up.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:13:05 PM by Toddacelli »

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 30, 2015, 07:39:46 PM
Reply #47

bertcocaine

Ah ok, make that 3 games we've won without him but I'm not sure I want to count that fixture as we always seem to be guaranteed a win when they visit ;)

lol I was thinking that as I posted it. ;D

However, i'm not sure it's a simple case of we can't win without him - given most of our team hasn't been up to standard this term, and he missed only two games last season after he signed.. not a great data set. He's also played in a number of games we've not won this season. Just co-incidence from a stats viewpoint that he's been missing during some of our worst games this season. He might of helped but given it's a lack of forward penetration and random errors by players, the only way he might of changed that would have been if he was playing in place of the player that made the critical mistake in a given game, which seems unlikely given the spread of errors in different positions, and that he would likely have been playing with Barry anyway.

I just hope we get what everyone seems to want, Besic and McCarthy starting together in the DM slots. We've missed his industry certainly, and with Mo growing in confidence, having the covering ability of James coming in to support him might be perfectly timed.
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 30, 2015, 08:04:14 PM
Reply #48

bacon sarnie

Got a feeling in me pancreas we'll win for a change.

January 30, 2015, 08:08:04 PM
Reply #49

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Really excited for the game, ive missed Everton ruining my weekend.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 30, 2015, 10:53:51 PM
Reply #50

Evertonian in NC

Really excited for the game, ive missed Everton ruining my weekend.

Agreed, it put WAY too much pressure on me to find my own unique ways to ruin the weekend of my own accord.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 31, 2015, 03:37:26 PM
Reply #51

GrantyBoy78

I'm sitting bricks already! COYB!

January 31, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
Reply #52

Juanito

Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Everton
                             Lukaku (2)
                             Mirallas

Robles
Coleman         Stones          Jagielka       Baines

Besic         Barry          McCarthy

Lukaku                 Naismith               Mirallas     

January 31, 2015, 03:54:30 PM
Reply #53

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sorry but there's no way we're beating these. I'd be surprised if we got a draw.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 31, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Reply #54

Ross

I'm sorry but there's no way we're beating these. I'd be surprised if we got a draw.

Pardews teams run in cycles, he's had the up side and today will be the beginning of the down side.

He's an arrogant wanker and will love the oppurtunity to get one over on us again, he'll send his team out full of confidence to attack. That's perfect for us and we'll hit them on the counter today. It's not going to be boring and will be a good game I reckon but we'll beat these today Eddie.

Cheer up you boring bastard!!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 31, 2015, 04:37:12 PM
Reply #55

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The dreaded Twitter is saying Mc Carthy hasn't travelled

January 31, 2015, 05:38:59 PM
Reply #56

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Pardews teams run in cycles, he's had the up side and today will be the beginning of the down side.

He's an arrogant wanker and will love the oppurtunity to get one over on us again, he'll send his team out full of confidence to attack. That's perfect for us and we'll hit them on the counter today. It's not going to be boring and will be a good game I reckon but we'll beat these today Eddie.

Cheer up you boring bastard!!

I hope you're right pal. However he's already beat us once this season during one of their shit spells. Just can't see this as being a game where we're going to turn our fortunes around.

Anyway I'll stop now before you go asleep reading this. I've got to scrape the old paint off the facier boards today and should be getting on with it really...especially in this wind. Wonder if I can replace the wooden ones with PVC? That'd be much easier than painting it every few years...especially in this wind. I could just wipe it clean then with various types of household cleaning products. Baby wipes, industrial cleaning wipes, sponge and hot water, wet cloth, wet tea towel, bath towel, old t shirts etc. even the jet wash would probably clean it. Wonder if the jet wash would remove the old paint too? That'd be good. Don't really fancy climbing a ladder today...especially in this wind.

Anyway I'm off to have some warm water and lemon. Not too much mind. Especially in this wind.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:40:09 PM by Eddie »
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

January 31, 2015, 05:39:22 PM
Reply #57

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No Bolasie or Jedinak.

If we can't beat them now...

:)

January 31, 2015, 05:44:42 PM
Reply #58

Ross

I hope you're right pal. However he's already beat us once this season during one of their shit spells. Just can't see this as being a game where we're going to turn our fortunes around.

Anyway I'll stop now before you go asleep reading this. I've got to scrape the old paint off the facier boards today and should be getting on with it really...especially in this wind. Wonder if I can replace the wooden ones with PVC? That'd be much easier than painting it every few years...especially in this wind. I could just wipe it clean then with various types of household cleaning products. Baby wipes, industrial cleaning wipes, sponge and hot water, wet cloth, wet tea towel, bath towel, old t shirts etc. even the jet wash would probably clean it. Wonder if the jet wash would remove the old paint too? That'd be good. Don't really fancy climbing a ladder today...especially in this wind.

Anyway I'm off to have some warm water and lemon. Not too much mind. Especially in this wind.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 31, 2015, 05:50:34 PM
Reply #59

Django

NSNO Subscriber
If we're going to win today we're going to have to stifle them first 20 and try to quieten the crowd. They're on a run of form now and with Pardew in charge the fans are going to be louder than ever. Could really do without this fixture as the first game back after our break.

I hope McCarthy is fit to play, we're going to need his energy. We've got a better team, especially with Jedinak and Bolasie absent. Will have to watch out for Puncheon and Zaha, but I think our defence looks more capable now.

It all depends what Everton we see. I think if we play like we did against West Ham away then we can win.