October 18, 2019, 11:30:15 AM

Author Topic: "Always the victims"  (Read 12404 times)

February 18, 2015, 08:21:58 PM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ashamed by nothing. Offended by everything
Simply simply lovely

February 19, 2015, 01:37:50 AM
Reply #46

macko

Let's face it.They try and twist any sort of criticsm of them,and their club,into a dig about Hillsborough.Do they not see it's disrespctful to the poor souls who lost their lives that day?
We shall not be moved!

February 19, 2015, 03:03:36 AM
Reply #47

BigWoodenSpoon

All I'm saying is that the media have made up their minds that the song is in reference to Hillsborough (rightly or wrongly...personally I do believe it is about Hillsborough), so if you choose to sing it then prepare for the shit slinging that'll come your way from the media (or anyone else for that matter).

It'll be interesting to know out of the people on this forum, who would/has sung that song?  And would/have they felt a twinge of apprehension about singing it? They say that before you write something down on the web (or anywhere for that matter), you should picture saying it to your mum.  If you think that she would be offended then it's probably best not writing it down.  Now imagine one of the Hillsborough family members being in front of you when you sing that song.  Do you think they would be offended?  Or would you not care and carry on singing it?

I've not heard Evertonians sing about it personally, but have heard other Liverpool supporters say that they have.  And to me they're foolish for doing so. Please bear in mind I'm not taking away any credit to the majority of Everton fans and their club for their support, which has been massive.

As for me not being banned Si - you're saying I wasn't, but then in the next post Gash said I was!  Weird!!!  Anyway, I tried to log in and it wouldn't let me.  It then notified me of when I'd be able to log back on (which was just before the derby) and then it was extended, obviously because the people who banned me thought I'd be unbearble, which was understandable given the result, even though I've never come on and been that type of person after the derby.

February 19, 2015, 03:07:18 AM
Reply #48

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
All I'm saying is that the media have made up their minds that the song is in reference to Hillsborough (rightly or wrongly...personally I do believe it is about Hillsborough), so if you choose to sing it then prepare for the shit slinging that'll come your way from the media (or anyone else for that matter).

Can you clarify one thing for me though: the media you're talking about...is this the media that is filled to the brim of ex-Liverpool players and fanboys, or is it the awful, LFC-hating London-centric media?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:07:55 AM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 19, 2015, 03:08:37 AM
Reply #49

sirblue57

sorry, BWS, but no blue i know thinks that song is about hillsborough, its about evry fucking time you lot get caught doing shit, its the t shirts, its the marches, its the fucking whinging crying poor old kopites shit we have to listen to.

just remember, singing about munich, all the "its our city" shit, your fans are renowned for the victims card, and not just by us. sadly its mostly the under 40s who are the worst. the guys i used to go the match with as akid even agree some of your fans are embaressing. glad to have you back anyway fella. look forward to some decent banter.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 19, 2015, 03:19:17 AM
Reply #50

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
The media!? Is this the same media that accused liverpool fans of all sorts during the disaster? The british media are the last people I'd want forming my opinions for me.

Yes I have sung it, along with half of wembley in the semis and every goodison derby afterward. No problems at all singing it in front of anyone, if any victims family want to believe thousands of Evertonians would mock Hillsborough then that's sad, but it's their own problem. As I said before its not about Hillsborough. You, the media or any know nothing beut on Twitter isn't going to TELL me what I mean when I say things.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 19, 2015, 03:19:56 AM
Reply #51

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
It'll be interesting to know out of the people on this forum, who would/has sung that song?

I have.

And would/have they felt a twinge of apprehension about singing it?

No, because I know only an absolute fucking moron would misunderstand it. Or someone who misunderstands it on purpose, and let's face it, that is exactly what the song is about. I'll leave it to you to work out what's more disrespectful for the 96: me singing a song that isn't about them or someone using their dead bodies as human shields against any kind of criticism.

Now imagine one of the Hillsborough family members being in front of you when you sing that song.  Do you think they would be offended?  Or would you not care and carry on singing it?

I'm sorry mate but what kind of argument is that? Can you hear your own words? Of course I wouldn't fucking sing it before them, just like I wouldn't fart in front of them, because it's a matter of basic politeness. What you're trying to say in a very roundabout way is that words said and things done exist without context. You're saying that just because you wouldn't do it when your mum drops her favourite plate, it is wrong to say "WAHEEEY!" when the same thing happens in a pub. That it's wrong to body check an opponent on a football pitch because surely you wouldn't do it to a vicar. That it's wrong to groan when a player mishits a pass because you wouldn't do it when your boss fucks something up.

It's bonkers, that's what it is. All things do exist in their context and if you rip them out of it and place it in another context, sure, it will look inappropriate. That's what morality is all about, finding the right context for things.

I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 19, 2015, 03:21:19 AM
Reply #52

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I also suspect that there is a new, younger generation who are just plain ignorant of the facts. For example, if some cockney teenager in a Suarez shirt trotted it out, I'd ignore him and think he was a twat. But if a scouser over 40 came out with it - I'd probably be shocked.

Edit:She's in Anfield so the chances shes a scouser are quite slim.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:29:49 AM by Eddie »

February 19, 2015, 03:29:05 AM
Reply #53

Thornton_19

February 19, 2015, 03:31:10 AM
Reply #54

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell BWS. Baffled.

That T shirt is awful my god hahahhahh
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

February 19, 2015, 03:31:37 AM
Reply #55

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
That is literally now my favourite picture.

What do you mean mate...suarez was innocent, evra's a liar, a liverpool legend would never do anything like that.  :whistle:

February 19, 2015, 03:36:54 AM
Reply #56

Thornton_19

What do you mean mate...suarez was innocent, evra's a liar, a liverpool legend would never do anything like that.  :whistle:

I love the way her tits deform his face into looking like Sloth.

February 19, 2015, 03:43:52 AM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So the media think it and therefore Liverpool fans believe it?
Really bws?
Fucking hell
Simply simply lovely

February 19, 2015, 03:58:17 AM
Reply #58

BigWoodenSpoon

I have.

No, because I know only an absolute fucking moron would misunderstand it. Or someone who misunderstands it on purpose, and let's face it, that is exactly what the song is about. I'll leave it to you to work out what's more disrespectful for the 96: me singing a song that isn't about them or someone using their dead bodies as human shields against any kind of criticism.

I'm sorry mate but what kind of argument is that? Can you hear your own words? Of course I wouldn't fucking sing it before them, just like I wouldn't fart in front of them, because it's a matter of basic politeness. What you're trying to say in a very roundabout way is that words said and things done exist without context. You're saying that just because you wouldn't do it when your mum drops her favourite plate, it is wrong to say "WAHEEEY!" when the same thing happens in a pub. That it's wrong to body check an opponent on a football pitch because surely you wouldn't do it to a vicar. That it's wrong to groan when a player mishits a pass because you wouldn't do it when your boss fucks something up.

It's bonkers, that's what it is. All things do exist in their context and if you rip them out of it and place it in another context, sure, it will look inappropriate. That's what morality is all about, finding the right context for things.

I'm not on about purposely seeking them out and singing in front of them.  I'm saying if they could hear you sing it perhaps, would you quieten down or stop altogether?  If not then that's fine, you honestly don't think the song is in any way related to Hillsborough.  I just thought what with the media and people recently relating that song to Hillsborough (again, rightly or wrongly) that some of you might have thought twice about singing it,or even stopped singing it at all.

As for the other examples you've given, you've missed the point I was trying to make.  What I was trying to say is that for some people when they write things down (maybe on a forum or on Twitter) they don't have a problem with it.  But if they knew their mum was reading it they may think twice about writing the same thing down, or not even write anything at all.  So, similarly with the singing of the song, would they do it if the victims family could hear them?  That's the point I was trying to make.  I think it's called the 'mom test' or something.

February 19, 2015, 03:59:34 AM
Reply #59

BigWoodenSpoon

So the media think it and therefore Liverpool fans believe it?
Really bws?
Fucking hell

I never said that.